Transformers
Transformers ROTF

Release date: August 2012
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/search?q=blu-ray+steelbook&sort=release

Actual pics: (tx to Rodtp)
20120808_092936.jpg

20120808_093229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't expect anything for another 2-4 weeks. We rarely get info this far out. Paramount often seems quite slow in releasing details for many titles - particularly catalogue ones, especially in comparison to other studios. I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to the end of next month before we get something considering they've been pushed back. If the news comes earlier then great. Kind of doubt it though.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
It's unusual for someone to share some insight with their first forum post. I'd expect you to be asking a question or making a comment that would not require knowing the predispositions of a major studio. Welcome.

If you need any help with how to post a bunch of nonsense, consider post #199.

^ Long time lurker here. :) Finally decided to register. Used to work in the industry a while back so release sheets etc were things I would see pretty regularly. Some studios are great at releasing things early, others not so much. Some will have accurate specs and info whilst others contain barely anything at all. :D

Paramount is kind of interesting in that some titles are announced quite a ways out, others get dropped on us with barely any notice. Things like product art and specs seem to be very late coming from them generally speaking. New releases seem to fare best though.

It's not helped that many Australian retailers have a basic online presence so the listings aren't as detailed as say Amazon. Naturally that's not the best place to garner specs but unless you're an insider you've got to rely on the retailers releasing any and all specs noted in the release information and unfortunately most retailers are not quite up to snuff with regards to their listings, online ordering system and customer service. All that means is we're a bit behind the 8 ball at the moment here in Australia. :D

If that often-rumoured Amazon.com.au shows up that'll change the game here in Australia as other retailers will have to lift their game.

Anyways, looking forward to being here... and to get back on topic: GROAN, STILL NOTHING!!!! ;)

Last edited:
^ Long time lurker here. :) Finally decided to register. Used to work in the industry a while back so release sheets etc were things I would see pretty regularly. Some studios are great at releasing things early, others not so much. Some will have accurate specs and info whilst others contain barely anything at all. :D

Paramount is kind of interesting in that some titles are announced quite a ways out, others get dropped on us with barely any notice. Things like product art and specs seem to be very late coming from them generally speaking. New releases seem to fare best though.

It's not helped that many Australian retailers have a basic online presence so the listings aren't as detailed as say Amazon. Naturally that's not the best place to garner specs but unless you're an insider you've got to rely on the retailers releasing any and all specs noted in the release information and unfortunately most retailers are not quite up to snuff with regards to their listings, online ordering system and customer service. All that means is we're a bit behind the 8 ball at the moment here in Australia. :D

If that often-rumoured Amazon.com.au shows up that'll change the game here in Australia as other retailers will have to lift their game.

Anyways, looking forward to being here... and to get back on topic: GROAN, STILL NOTHING!!!! ;)

Thanks for the explanation! Always appreciated to have a little background because yes, sometime getting told by a new guy that we don't know how things work may be... well... you know ;)

Welcome and let's hope the best for this wave!!! :D

^ No probs. Truth be told it's been about 7 years since I worked in the industry and a lot has changed since then, particularly with materials now showing up on B2B sites etc. With everything being online now information obviously gets out a lot faster than it used to so really it's up to whoever's in charge of the distribution.

I'm only basing my thoughts on my experience from years back and then the past 7 or so years as a consumer so it'll remain to be seen what actually happens.

It's a shame Wreck's confirmed with Scanavo that they aren't SteelBooks. I know some want to protect their investment in titles like Iron Man but as someone not in possession of the Future Shop release I kind of hoped we'd get a different designed Steel for Iron Man to go with my Iron Man 2. Viva Metal Boxes would have to be my second choice (as seems to be the case with most other people) or IronPacks if push came to shove.

I'm just hoping these spark some extra interest in collectible packaging here in Australia. We've had a bit of a lull in the past 6 or so months.

I recognized your username from the other site atex, welcome to HDN :)

I don't think I would get any of these as I already have steelbooks for 5/6 and will get SPR steel from upcoming UK wave, but Viva's would be the likely choice as I believe Ironpacks are now defunct as I have not seen any release recently. Guess Scanavo won the lawsuit ;)

I recognized your username from the other site atex, welcome to HDN :)

I don't think I would get any of these as I already have steelbooks for 5/6 and will get SPR steel from upcoming UK wave, but Viva's would be the likely choice as I believe Ironpacks are now defunct as I have not seen any release recently. Guess Scanavo won the lawsuit ;)

yeah so did.... recognized that screen name from BD. Alex has a sick theatre setup!

Atex, perhaps you'd be interested in the Play Iron Man and Iron Man 2 coming soon, if you're interested in Steelbooks? Welcome to the site:)

Australia is pretty bad for buying blu rays in general - really very expensive. Online presence is disappointing too.

Today is already July.... what's happening? Still no news on Iron Man Aus?
They were pushed back to August 8 quite a while back so nothing yet. I suggest giving it another week or so. Usually Australian retailers like JB and EzyDVD get the majority of titles listed on their site about 3-4 weeks out from release.

Status
Not open for further replies.