Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: Pete's Dragon
Price: £24.99

IMG_5886.JPG

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it makes no sense ! Glad you sent them some tweets :rofl: I did send them an email regarding the price, but not the 3D issue as this is really Disney that decides what they want to do.

I just don't get it, they did the movie in 3D, usually any movie with a 3D theatrical Release does end up on 3D blu-ray... wish I knew where to complain exactly at Disney about this :dunno:

It was Disney themselves I complained to, as the 3D issue is nothing to do with Zavvi. Yeah you should complain by some method - even if it's just sending a tweet to Disney's twitter account as I did. Probably won't make a difference, but at least it makes you feel better for doing it ;)

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Flloydo
In North America, Disney has moved to the marketing model of releasing the 2D first, and then the 3D a few months later.

We just got the 3D release of ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS and JUNGLE BOOK.

Reactions: Actarus
It was Disney themselves I complained to, as the 3D issue is nothing to do with Zavvi. Yeah you should complain by some method - even if it's just sending a tweet to Disney's twitter account as I did. Probably won't make a difference, but at least it makes you feel better for doing it ;)

Did you get a reply?

In North America, Disney has moved to the marketing model of releasing the 2D first, and then the 3D a few months later.

We just got the 3D release of ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS and JUNGLE BOOK.

''Alice Through the Looking Glass'' and ''Jungle Book'' did not get a 3D release in North America afaik.

Around 2012, Ever since Disney decided to release the ''3D edition'' by itself(removing it from the combo ''Blu-ray+DVD''), and no longer offer the option of the 3D Disk combined with the ''2D+DVD'' edition anymore. Since then, Disney has chosen not to release the ''3D editions/Disk'' in North America as some retailers were refusing to submit to their Marketing views which were making the purchase of a release ''2D + DVD'' and separately the ''3D Release'' higher than acceptable.

Only Marvel and Pixar releases get a 3D release in North America, no Disney Title does. Disney ''3D editions'' are Only available internationally (Taiwan, Korea, UK...)

Is this the only steelbook available for this great movie? No premium edition and not even this regular steelbook anywhere other than Zavvi??? The missing title, I thought, would have meant a release in some other European markets....

Is this the only steelbook available for this great movie? No premium edition and not even this regular steelbook anywhere other than Zavvi??? The missing title, I thought, would have meant a release in some other European markets....

Yes so far only Zavvi has a steel for it and it does not even include the 3D Disk :mad:

Kimchi has nothing yet in the works(or other premium retailers for Premium Packages). Kimchi would like to do something for this great movie, but there is no WWA Steel of it Yet. At this point either a WWA needs to be released for ROW, or a WEA (but I doubt they would do so that early).

Loved the Movie :drool:

Thanks buddy...I guess I will preorder with Zavvi then....but I cannot understand this...if this is NOT WWA, then why would Zavvi get a WEA made without title?? I still feel this must be the WWA...

Thanks buddy...I guess I will preorder with Zavvi then....but I cannot understand this...if this is NOT WWA, then why would Zavvi get a WEA made without title?? I still feel this must be the WWA...

Yes This is Very Strange, but by now we should have seen Steels of this popping up in many different countries, yet only Zavvi has it :confused: I will wait to order it as the price is steep for just a 2D release...especially since Disney made a 3D version of the film...why isn't it being released ?!

I'm not annoyed that it doesn't include the 3D disc, as they're useless to me... but I am annoyed that they're charging the same amount as they do with their 3D releases, which is why I won't be ordering this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm not annoyed that it doesn't include the 3D disc, as they're useless to me... but I am annoyed that they're charging the same amount as they do with their 3D releases, which is why I won't be ordering this.

I've still got my fingers crossed kimchi pick it up and give it a PET

If this is the only release then I don't see why it won't have a title. Like Malificent and that was released in Spain too. So maybe the mock up is incorrect (have to wait for photos in hand)

I loved this film so if this is the only release then I'll have to get it but not at that price with the snubbing of 3D and a possible title. Will be waiting for a big ol drop

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
''Alice Through the Looking Glass'' and ''Jungle Book'' did not get a 3D release in North America afaik.

Around 2012, Ever since Disney decided to release the ''3D edition'' by itself(removing it from the combo ''Blu-ray+DVD''), and no longer offer the option of the 3D Disk combined with the ''2D+DVD'' edition anymore. Since then, Disney has chosen not to release the ''3D editions/Disk'' in North America as some retailers were refusing to submit to their Marketing views which were making the purchase of a release ''2D + DVD'' and separately the ''3D Release'' higher than acceptable.

Only Marvel and Pixar releases get a 3D release in North America, no Disney Title does. Disney ''3D editions'' are Only available internationally (Taiwan, Korea, UK...)

Those two titles were released last week in North America -- or at least here in Canada -- as well as 3D FINDING DORY.

Not sure about your last comment as both Marvel and Pixar are Disney-owned.

Reactions: Actarus
Those two titles were released last week in North America -- or at least here in Canada -- as well as 3D FINDING DORY.

Not sure about your last comment as both Marvel and Pixar are Disney-owned.

Yes ''Disney Subsidiary'' companies like ''Marvel'', ''Disney Pixar'', ''Lucasfilm.''.. do not operate the same as Disney Titles(Mother Company)

''Finding Dori'' is ''Disney Pixar'' so Pixar films do get 3D releases, it is not the same as a ''Disney Title''.

Can you provide me links of the 3D of ''Alice Through the Looking Glass'' and ''The Jungle Book'' ? I was not able to find them online for North America.

Yes ''Disney Subsidiary'' companies like ''Marvel'', ''Disney Pixar'', ''Lucasfilm.''.. do not operate the same as Disney Titles(Mother Company)

''Finding Dori'' is ''Disney Pixar'' so Pixar films do get 3D releases, it is not the same as a ''Disney Title''.

Can you provide me links of the 3D of ''Alice Through the Looking Glass'' and ''The Jungle Book'' ? I was not able to find them online for North America.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M105GRK/?tag=hidefnin-20

dont think alice has been released in 3d here in the states yet though

I Stand Corrected @SonicBoom you were right :happy: I am pleasantly surprised by this, it had been years since Disney Titles get a 3D release in NA.
I hope Disney will continue on this trend of releasing the 3D for their Disney Movie in Can/US

@howarmat Thanks for the link Mate :thumbs: I had done a search on amazon.com but it yielded no result for the 3D since they only have it described as ''Blu-ray'' but on the picture it is where we see the 3D Disk included :hungry: That's Cool !

I Stand Corrected @SonicBoom you were right :happy: I am pleasantly surprised by this, it had been years since Disney Titles get a 3D release in NA.
I hope Disney will continue on this trend of releasing the 3D for their Disney Movie in Can/US

@howarmat Thanks for the link Mate :thumbs: I had done a search on amazon.com but it yielded no result for the 3D since they only have it described as ''Blu-ray'' but on the picture it is where we see the 3D Disk included :hungry: That's Cool !
Disney movies have been getting 3D releases a few months later sometime but they have been several. Zootopia, Good Dinosaur and Inside Out all ring in my mind as recent releases.

Disney movies have been getting 3D releases a few months later sometime but they have been several. Zootopia, Good Dinosaur and Inside Out all ring in my mind as recent releases.

Good Dino, Inside Out; Those are Pixar releases. That is normal they do release them as usual...

I am talking about the dispute Disney had with NA retailers(mainly Amazon) not wanting to support their 3D titles because of the price they wanted. This was a dispute that happened back in 2012 or about that time. Since then Disney stopped releasing their 3D in NA and when I mean Disney Stopped I am Talking about DISNEY Titles and Not any release out of their subsidiaries.

So Disney Movies like Zootopia and The Jungle Book getting a 3D release is something new that Disney Started doing again for North American Market.

Last edited: