paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: April 24th , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Hmv
Price: £69.99 (Zavvi - Hmv - Amazon) - £74.99 (Arrow)

15977017_1423870174313639_8324959010186419782_n.jpg

Last edited:
I should have delivery tomorrow
Looking forward to watching this weekend on my days off

I had on pre order with both Zavvi and Amazon UK.
I cancelled my Zavvi order as they had not taken payment early like usual and the extra 4 euro in price difference with amazon I don't mind as packaging be better anyway with box sets

It's hit and miss with Zavvi if they use decent packaging

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I should have delivery tomorrow
Looking forward to watching this weekend on my days off

I had on pre order with both Zavvi and Amazon UK.
I cancelled my Zavvi order as they had not taken payment early like usual and the extra 4 euro in price difference with amazon I don't mind as packaging be better anyway with box sets

It's hit and miss with Zavvi if they use decent packaging
Did you get this Paul? What is the quality of the sphere like. I have heard it feels pretty cheap.

Did you get this Paul? What is the quality of the sphere like. I have heard it feels pretty cheap.
Yes I got delivery
The sphere is cool looking it's a lot smaller than I expected it's not metal it's made of some type of plastic resin with mirror finish it's very light in weight.

I will take some photos tomorrow and post them to the thread.

Yes I got delivery
The sphere is cool looking it's a lot smaller than I expected it's not metal it's made of some type of plastic resin with mirror finish it's very light in weight.

I will take some photos tomorrow and post them to the thread.
That will be good, thanks!:)

Got mine for £19.99 :D

For £69 is it worth it? No. The packaging is a pain in the arse, the sphere is a cheap Christmas decoration and to get the discs out you need to take everything out of the box, but the book is great. £45 as a standard 6 disc box set with the book, worth it all day long! When Arrow eventually release the standard box set (which they will), I'll pick that up and sell this one on

Thanks for the pics @paulboland! It does look nice but not sure I need the sphere, it's a cool extra bit I think I might wait and see if they release a set with just the films.
Yes the sphere is not what I expected it would be it could have been a lot better quality.
It's still nice to have though as a novelty extra in that sense.

I would have preferred if the packaging was like the other box sets like Donnie Darko//Hellraiser/Society/Bride of Re-Animator etc with the Sphere a separate item in it's own packaging.

It is like a large Christmas decoration ball but without the hook for hanging on a Christmas tree from a point of view :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Yes the sphere is not what I expected it would be it could have been a lot better quality.

I would have preferred if the packaging was like the other box sets like Donnie Darko//Hellraiser/Society/Bride of Re-Animator etc with the Sphere a separate item in it's own packaging.

It is like a large Christmas decoration ball but without the hook for hanging on a Christmas tree from a point of view :rofl:
Haha, it would make a nice Christmas decoration as long as you took the hooks off the front!:LOL:

Reactions: paulboland

Yeah, i agree that they should have done this like the Hellraiser scarlet box, or Donnie Darko limited box set - those are ABSOLUTELY SUPERB box sets, imo. I think they shoul have followed those formats and had a poster, maybe some art cards, etc. the funny thing is, i don't put up the posters or really look at the art cards..........but they do seem to add something extra to the box set package. The upcoming 4k Phenomena release doesn't have poster or art cards either, which slightly narks me because as a 4k limited release i think they should have gone balls to the wall........so to speak. But they HAVE with the upcoming Bird with crystal plumage 4k release(?!). Still, if this phantasm set is around long enough for a big price drop, then...........

Reactions: paulboland