Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

1.jpg

11274755-7874384791964368.jpg
11274755-2224384791941853.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to see lot more hammer films get steelbook releases

I have all Dvd and Blu-ray releases that have been already been released

I also have every hammer film even ones that not had a Dvd or Blu-ray release yet

On one of my external hard drives is video of every hammer film production both Film and TV productions
Some the video quality not the best but I have them all

I'm a massive fan of hammer horror

So... you like to watch hammer films?

Reactions: paulboland
I actually emailed Zavvi's feedback today and was very very blunt about what I thought of that dire steelbook design and this is from a person who loves Hammer films and rates Quatermass and the Pit as one of my all time favourite films. Did they even bother to test out designs for the film among fans to see what worked and what didn't. I make it clear they had just lost a potential buyer of this steelbook because the design was so bad. I predict the bargain basement for this offering within a month at a fiver.

So... you like to watch hammer films?
What gives you that idea :p
:LOL::rofl:

I grew up on hammer films in the 70's and 80's Saturday nights double bills on BBC 2

My school in the 70's was the local cinema and the guy who ran it showed hammer films regularly with main film as a double bill very often

When I worked in London back in the 90's I was involved promoting silva screen record hammer films releases

So yes I watch hammer films a lot :p
The film music is also by itself classics for some of the films

Reactions: C.C. 95
I like to see lot more hammer films get steelbook releases

I have all Dvd and Blu-ray releases that have been already been released

I also have every hammer film even ones that not had a Dvd or Blu-ray release yet

On one of my external hard drives is video of every hammer film production both Film and TV productions
Some the video quality not the best but I have them all

I'm a massive fan of hammer horror
I hope you have a copy of the early serialized version of Q and The Pit. Quite a different experience.
One of my favs was The Gorgon!
As a kid - Saturday and Sunday afternoon Tv was always Hammer Films (and Corman films) on channel 43!;)

I hope you have a copy of the early serialized version of Q and The Pit. Quite a different experience.
One of my favs was The Gorgon!
As a kid - Saturday and Sunday afternoon Tv was always Hammer Films (and Corman films) on channel 43!;)
I have most of the BBC TV series and some of the radio productions

The Original TV series was BBC

The film versions was Hammer productions
3 films
The Quatermass Xperiment
Quartermas 2
Quartermas and the pit

The BBC TV productions was very popular and is why Hammer picked them for film versions

The later Itv TV series was not as good

I have the USA Blu ray of The Quatermass Xperiment aka creeping unknown
The extras on that are very good

I have on video every hammer production some officially was never released

I have most of the BBC TV series and some of the radio productions

The Original TV series was BBC

The film versions was Hammer productions
3 films
The Quatermass Xperiment
Quartermas 2
Quartermas and the pit

The BBC TV productions was very popular and is why Hammer picked them for film versions

The later Itv TV series was not as good

I have the USA Blu ray of The Quatermass Xperiment aka creeping unknown
The extras on that are very good

I have on video every hammer production some officially was never released

You're right - I forgot the original serialized production was a BBC affair. Still very interesting to compare the two! I haven't seen it, but I'm aware that the ITV production was supposed to be pretty bad.
What Hammer stuff was never released?

You're right - I forgot the original serialized production was a BBC affair. Still very interesting to compare the two! I haven't seen it, but I'm aware that the ITV production was supposed to be pretty bad.
What Hammer stuff was never released?
I will look through my hard drive later during the week and cross check which ones there is a lot of videos
Most have had Dvd or video release but a few that did not
I also have lot of poster and still images as well as the videos

I will look through my hard drive later during the week and cross check which ones there is a lot of videos
Most have had Dvd or video release but a few that did not
I also have lot of poster and still images as well as the videos
Don't go out of your way! I am merely curious. I mean, they couldn't possibly have not released some of the Lee/Cushing stuff?
A secret sequel to CAPTAIN KRONOS??!!! (That is my fav Hammer).:)

Don't go out of your way! I am merely curious. I mean, they couldn't possibly have not released some of the Lee/Cushing stuff?
A secret sequel to CAPTAIN KRONOS??!!! (That is my fav Hammer).:)
The cushing/Lee yes they all been released be it vhs/Dvd and a few on Blu-ray
Hammer did a lot of TV productions and other films some might not have known about or where aware was a hammer production

Most know hammer for the horror films but they did comedy/drama/thriller and war films as well

• Informative
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia and C.C. 95
Channel 43 . . . lol.
In those days (late 1970s ?) here in the U.K. we only had 3 channels until Channel 4 appeared in the early 1980's.

Unembarrassed fan of Hammer, Amicus, Tigon, Hammer House of Horrors and Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense and Tales of the Unexpected TV series' and indeed any and all of that type of stuff :thumbs:

Regarding Hammer films made:-
Approx.165 films made between 1935 and 1979, with about one third of these Horror with the first being THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT (THE CREEPING UNKNOWN) in 1955 (marketed in the U.K. without the "E" in EXPERIMENT to emphasise the "X" Certificate it had been given by the BBFC). This was soon followed by X THE UNKNOWN in 1956, QUATERMASS 2 (ENEMY FROM SPACE), THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN and THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN all in 1957, DRACULA (HORROR OF DRACULA to avoid confusion with the Bela Lugosi vehicle of 1931) in 1958, THE MUMMY and THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH in 1959 followed by a whole raft of others throughout the 1960's and 1970's until TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER, their last Horror in 1978 . . . until their rebirth in 2010 with only THE WOMAN IN BLACK from 2012 capturing some of the Hammer magic (IMO).
Regarding Hammer Horror films on Blu-ray: Out of a total of about 50 Horror films made about two-thirds are available on Blu-ray but only about one-third of these have been released here in the U.K. in HD.
Anyway, that's my tuppenceworth and g'night all.

Last edited:
Channel 43 . . . lol.
In those days (late 1970s ?) here in the U.K. we only had 3 channels until Channel 4 appeared in the early 1980's.

Unembarrassed fan of Hammer, Amicus, Tigon, Hammer House of Horrors and Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense and Tales of the Unexpected TV series' and indeed any and all of that type of stuff :thumbs:

Regarding Hammer films made:-
Approx.165 films made between 1935 and 1979, with about one third of these Horror with the first being THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT (THE CREEPING UNKNOWN) in 1955 (marketed in the U.K. without the "E" in EXPERIMENT to emphasise the "X" Certificate it had been given by the BBFC). This was soon followed by X THE UNKNOWN in 1956, QUATERMASS 2 (ENEMY FROM SPACE), THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN and THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN all in 1957, DRACULA (HORROR OF DRACULA to avoid confusion with the Bela Lugosi vehicle of 1931) in 1958, THE MUMMY and THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH in 1959 followed by a whole raft of others throughout the 1960's and 1970's until TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER, their last Horror in 1978 . . . until their rebirth in 2010 with only THE WOMAN IN BLACK from 2012 capturing some of the Hammer magic (IMO).
Regarding Hammer Horror films on Blu-ray: Out of a total of about 50 Horror films made about two-thirds are available on Blu-ray but only about one-third of these have been released here in the U.K. in HD.
Anyway, that's my tuppenceworth and g'night all.
:LOL: Just to be clear - the channel number was, I guess, somewhat arbitrary! We had channels 3,5,8,25, & 43.
I'm just glad that we had channels that played good stuff! Sunday was always horror/sci-fi with shorts from the Stooges, and Our Gang (aka The Little Rascals). They also played a good amount of Martin & Lewis and Abbott & Costello.
Lots of Warner Brothers cartoons! (The best classical education a child can get!:rofl:):thumbs::)