Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa! Now I need to see this.
Second time I've seen it now and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. I definitely recommend it!

What is the level of Hippy-dippiness? And does Elton John have a cameo?!
Probably 11 lol. It's a very sweet and heart-warming film though, and not to mention funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkNinja
@Noodles @tridon @AlienKing and to whomever likes a Good Drama Movie

This movie was well crafted and unfolded like a Story from a Book. I was certain it was one of those movies adapted from a Best Seller Book, but I was wrong and surprised that it wasn't :OMG:

The Metascore on imdb do not rate this movie well, but I would say disregard them :facepalm:
From the Start, the Opening Credits are Nicely and Artistically done. You can feel from the Start that someone cared enough to make the Opening Credit to fit the theme of the movie, very nice touch !

I do not want to give too much away, but if you are one to like a good movie I suggest for you to watch this one.
Right after I watched it, I placed an Order for the Amaray Edition to support the movie (and worth owning).

Great Cast for this Small Drama that has humour within it and some other elements…Do not read anything about it(or watch a trailer),
better to go with nothing to know about it, no expectations, and just take a chance on it. This movie has Heart !

Naomi Watts, Jaeden Lieberher(St. Vincent, Midnight Special), Jacob Tremblay(ROOM, Before I Wake), Sarah Silverman…

The Book of Henry
View attachment 336901

View attachment 336902 View attachment 336902 View attachment 336902 View attachment 336902 View attachment 336902 /5

I just tried to watch the movie and I usually really like these kind of movies, but I actually hated it,didn't manage to get to the end of it . For me it's a 1/5

Amazing. Loved both shorts.
Weren't Oats supposed to make Rakka full feature?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the idea with these shorts is to see which one gains the most interest so they can raise funds and/or pitch it to the studios and hopefully make a full feature -- now I'm trying to think if I genuinely read that somewhere or if it's basically just the conclusion I came to myself... probably the latter lol.

It (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Basically a scarier/gorier Goonies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing! I also wasn't expecting it to be so funny, but maybe that's just my twisted sense of humour.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the idea with these shorts is to see which one gains the most interest so they can raise funds and/or pitch it to the studios and hopefully make a full feature -- now I'm trying to think if I genuinely read that somewhere or if it's basically just the conclusion I came to myself... probably the latter lol.
Yes, exactly. That's why i asked if Rakka isnt feature length yet because i think Rakka had the most views. Dont worry you're not making that up :LOL:, i read that same thing somewhere.

Reactions: Noodles
Blade Runner 2049, thought it was decent enough don't know where everyone is getting the 5 out of 5 fantastic reviews that are advertised everywhere. Saw it in 3D don't think it made much difference really 3/5

Blade Runner 2049, thought it was decent enough don't know where everyone is getting the 5 out of 5 fantastic reviews that are advertised everywhere. Saw it in 3D don't think it made much difference really 3/5
IMG_3963.JPG IMG_3962.JPG IMG_3962.JPG IMG_3962.JPGIMG_3962.JPG
I thought the 3D was nice - but I agree with most of what you say.
Roger Deakin's cinematography was amazing - but...they story really is not that great.
It just doesn't feel like Blade Runner to me at all. I am a fan of all the principal creators here - It just doesn't work as Blade Runner story. On its own - a decent film. But you aren't really transported into the world like the original film. It feels - flimsy...where the original was a meaty atmosphere that overwhelmed you. I wasn't even thinking about the film two hours afterwards. (Really good movies have you ruminating on them for days after).
Its a decent film. I just think the script is not very good. (And as much as I love Deakins and his images - when he and Villanueve get together - they tend to hover too long on shots admiring their own work).
Making a sequel to a classic is a kind of "damned if you do/Damned if you don't" affair, so- they did O.K.
But it felt very hollow to me. What was missing? In the original, you constantly feel that Deckard is in danger as he unravels the mystery. I never felt that K was in any way in jeopardy. He was just slowly unraveling the story.
Strange irony: Critics of the first film often call it slow - this one has a MUCH slower pace. (Often boringly so).
Maybe on a rewatch I will find it better. But, I was pretty underwhelmed. It was more "Hollywood" than I expected (Storywise). The ending tried to have the poetry of Roy Batty's finale, but instead came off as predictable (and in a cheezy way). And there were more than a few story threads than are just left dangling. It was a really pretty, but pretty middling experience for me. Maybe one of the best looking films in a long while - but that only takes you so far.
Should you see it? yeah. It's pretty and cool. But don't have high expectations for a revelatory story.
It's an o.k. night at the movies. But it isn't a game changer like, say...BLADE RUNNER.:D
(Full disclosure: I am Blade Runner fan since seeing the original in 1981. The license plate on my spinner, er, Audi is OFFWRLD.;))

Last edited:
  • Thanks
It (2017, German)

4/5. (seriously I have no idea on how to include these images instead. Quoted another posting but didn't work...)

Gotta say I saw the 1990s version only a month ago for the first time. Shame on me, I know, but I needed to see it ahead of the new one.
Well, I wasn't disappointed. I liked all the actors, the humor, the overall atmosphere and of course Pennywise, the clown. What actually didn't get to me were the scary sequences. There was no really shocking moment for me in the whole film. It was a mixup of some jump-scares and stuff we see all the time in horror movies. Some scenes really reminded me of classic Nightmare on Elm Street scenes, at least the build-up to them, but hey there have been at least two references to NOES, so what?

In concolusion it was a really good movie, but not a great one. Great 80s flair, surprisingly good sense of humor (I don't know how to say it in english or if there's a name for these kind of jokes, but the mother & sister jokes were on point, laughed at any of them), some good effects, although I'm not sure, if more gore was really necessary, but it also didn't bother me. Looking forward to chapter 2 in 2019.

• Thanks
Death Note (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Let me just say that as an adaptation this film sucks; Ryuk was the best adapted character in the film and he wasnt even necessary. The whole movie could've played out without him and still would be the same. But anyway, I tried to watch this without comparing it to the anime, hence the higher rating (or it would've got like a 0.5 or 1). This is not horror, it's an average edgy teenage drama flick. If you are bored one afternoon and feel like wasting some time then you can tune in to your Netflix for this; otherwise i dont recommend it.

American Assassin (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Started off interesting but it went downhill from there. So much happened but i wasn't interested in the characters or the plot. It felt empty. Really there's nothing good except may be the first 1/3 of the film. I mean, it wasn't a bad ending or anything like that, but it just wasn't interesting.

The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

I was expecting something else but this whole movie is about Naruto/Hinata relationship. Which is actually deserved i think. Animation was great; the fight scenes were well done and the plot was interesting. Overall, i was entertained.

• Thanks
A Bridge Too Far (1977)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

A tad too long maybe, but the amount of great moments made up for the boring ones -- I particularly enjoyed the scene with literally hundreds of troopers parachuting down... the fact it was real (rather than CGI, like it probably would be nowadays) made it all the more impressive. I also only just realised that it was directed by Richard Attenborough... I really must check out more of his films!

EDIT - For those interested; this is the scene I was referring to...