Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 10th , 2017
Purchase link: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (live)
Price: £24.99
Note: This steelbook displays the title on the spine.

C5S979bXAAA7T-s.jpg 02.jpg
03.jpg

11387240-1464445146360545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if Rogue One already has an audio commentary and I hope it does. Star Wars audio commentaries tend to be quite big draws with fans, I'm still tempted to get the 3D Digipack for the commentary.

Everyone who's received this steelbook has stated that it looks better in the flesh than in images posted here and elsewhere so I don't expect anyone who's ordered will be disappointed.

Seems unfortunate no Gareth Edwards commentary (he did one for MONSTERS for example) and even on the most complete current edition - the Target 5-disc exclusive (3 x BD-50, 2 x DVD) - nowhere can I spot mention of a commentary . . .

TARGET EXCLUSIVE
II
V

Good to have any confusion cleared up by the Aussie unboxing and see confirmation images of the 'bossing situation on a region "B" steelbook . . . confirming that the Zavvi too will have de-bossed title:-

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE
II
V

v0FRux.jpg
d7MYlw.jpg
FFzSZd.jpg

TARGETEXCLUSIVE

9DV8xUj.jpg
SgKIlCF.jpg

M9KpNdn.jpg
ErNQ5JP.jpg
qG4qr8U.jpg
udaCmQU.jpg
WxlP66v.jpg
MG9t0wi.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone who's received this steelbook has stated that it looks better in the flesh than in images posted here and elsewhere so I don't expect anyone who's ordered will be disappointed.

Seems unfortunate no Gareth Edwards commentary (he did one for MONSTERS for example) and even on the most complete current edition - the Target 5-disc exclusive (3 x BD-50, 2 x DVD) - nowhere can I spot mention of a commentary . . .

TARGET EXCLUSIVE
II
V

Good to have any confusion cleared up by the Aussie unboxing and see confirmation images of the 'bossing situation on a region "B" steelbook . . . confirming that the Zavvi too will have de-bossed title:-

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE
II
V

v0FRux.jpg
d7MYlw.jpg
FFzSZd.jpg

TARGETEXCLUSIVE

9DV8xUj.jpg
SgKIlCF.jpg

M9KpNdn.jpg
ErNQ5JP.jpg
qG4qr8U.jpg
udaCmQU.jpg
WxlP66v.jpg
MG9t0wi.jpg

Thank you for posting these! It's taken way too long to see actual photos of the Target exclusive... Which do you like better? I'll be picking up either the Target or steelbook after work, and I'm not sure which is the better exclusive. I'm leaning Target though.

Thank you for posting these! It's taken way too long to see actual photos of the Target exclusive... Which do you like better? I'll be picking up either the Target or steelbook after work, and I'm not sure which is the better exclusive. I'm leaning Target though.

Yes, you're not wrong . . . the most complete edition is the Target - as you can see above - but for a suitably priced region "B" steelbook including the 3D disc you can't go wrong with the Zavvi (although that choice is moot as it's unsurprisingly showing as "Sold out" at the time of writing).
The Australian edition is equally good (same steelbook as you can see from the unboxings posted here and in the ROGUE ONE Australian thread) but ONLY if you're not fussed by the absence of the 3D disc.

If cash is no object there is of course at least one other option and if you're interested there is the ghastly Blufans edition which has zero flow to the external artwork (with artwork more suited to slipcover than steelbook) and which will naturally be overpriced.

Anyway, as they say, you pays your money and you takes your choice:-

Blufans . . . slightly better placement of the poster image revealed not long ago but one swallow does not a summer make and it still stinks big time.
II
V
upload_2017-4-4_17-41-32.png

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Just learned about this one this week and ordered from http://www.ebay.com Woot!

just to cheer every up that bought the wwa, bf pic below then put hand on heart and say truely happy now.
bear in mind bf gloss and embossed

rogue-one-jpg.304288

basil :thumbs:

MASTERPIECE!!! The ONLY version to own! WWA is terrible, poor finish and the art features a scene cut from the film! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes, you're not wrong . . . the most complete edition is the Target - as you can see above - but for a suitably priced region "B" steelbook including the 3D disc you can't go wrong with the Zavvi (although that choice is moot as it's unsurprisingly showing as "Sold out" at the time of writing).
The Australian edition is equally good (same steelbook as you can see from the unboxings posted here and in the ROGUE ONE Australian thread) but ONLY if you're not fussed by the absence of the 3D disc.

If cash is no object there is of course at least one other option and if you're interested there is the ghastly Blufans edition which has zero flow to the external artwork (with artwork more suited to slipcover than steelbook) and which will naturally be overpriced.

Blufans
II
V

When does the Blufans release and how would one go about buying it?

MASTERPIECE!!! The ONLY version to own! WWA is terrible, poor finish and the art features a scene cut from the film! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Unless you're being sarcastic, the artwork on the backside of the Blufans steelbook is also showing a scene which isn't in the movie.
Neither K-2SO, Jyn, and Cassian make it to the beach and aren't engaged in the beach fighting against the Stormtroopers.

Reactions: lgans316
Unless you're being sarcastic, the artwork on the backside of the Blufans steelbook is also showing a scene which isn't in the movie.
Neither K-2SO, Jyn, and Cassian make it to the beach and aren't engaged in the beach fighting against the Stormtroopers.

By art I mean the front. Back is of no interest, could be blank for all I care. WWA front is a joke

Has there been any news if Rogue One will be getting a digipack collector's edition later in the year like The Force Awakens did with exclusive bonus features etc? I originally bought The Force Awakens steelbook but sold it after I bought the digipack CE, so if they'll do a similar thing with Rogue One I'll just skip the steelbook completely.
Yes Sanity AU has digibook fyi

The Canadian release is embossed as can be seen from the picture............. It's as clear as day. Looks like there are 2 versions then.
My apologies I meant to say the title is debossed (sunken in) Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Blufans . . . slightly better placement of the poster image revealed not long ago but one swallow does not a summer make and it still stinks big time.
II
V

Blufans "ghastly" and "stinks big time" :rofl:
Your constant bashing of premium steels is getting old.
If you allow others to enjoy their "overpriced" steak, maybe they won't mock you for enjoying your burger from the poundsaver menu.