Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 10th , 2017
Purchase link: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (live)
Price: £24.99
Note: This steelbook displays the title on the spine.

C5S979bXAAA7T-s.jpg 02.jpg
03.jpg

11387240-1464445146360545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@HUBMUSWELL Great optical illusion there. I have the steel and know the border and lettering is all debossed. There isn't a complete frame (outer line) for debossed area with embossed letters. Looking from the inside then it becomes quite obvious what Disney did.:whistle:

My eyes in your image are saying otherwise, and I can't make it work in my brain. Damn you computers and your voodoo black magic imagery...:wtf:

Having A and Story embossed looks sh*te on closer inspection: the blocking of Story is just lazy or realistically the only way they could do it; Disney should have left these flat IMO.:banghead:

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
By the looks of it yes.

Monsters Inc first release had similar treatment I think. It looked quite strange. (Based on my poor memory)

Monsters Inc zavvi?
It's a embossed slab in the middle of the steel. No other bossing apart from the standard border

Not sure if you still think this is emboss but the border is a thin debossed line meaning the title Inside is a thin debossed title. Yeah the "O" have a embossed middle but that has to to make the rest debossed

You only have to look at the "A Star Wars story" which has no thin debossed border around it to see its debossed lettering through and through

If the border around the title was not a thin debossed line then yeah it would be embossed

Received mine just now, 1 days postage! I don't understand how Zavvi postal system operates. Sometimes you receive them in 1 day, most times 2 days, sometimes upto 3 days, but on their packaging it states '1' which I assume means first class I assume. Anyone care to share some light on this?

Received mine just now, 1 days postage! I don't understand how Zavvi postal system operates. Sometimes you receive them in 1 day, most times 2 days, sometimes upto 3 days, but on their packaging it states '1' which I assume means first class I assume. Anyone care to share some light on this?

Probably depends on what time it's picked up from the warehouse by Royal Mail (or whoever else, who passes it to Royal Mail), whether it then makes it through the Royal Mail system in time for a morning delivery the following day or misses that and ends up the day after.

I find 2 days is the norm, not sure I've ever had one arrive the next day. It probably takes 3 days around 25% of the time.

You might have received the email the day after actual dispatch.

You might have received the email the day after actual dispatch.
Oh no, I was debited yesterday and a few hours later it was dispatched. I kept monitoring as I was getting nervous it might not fulfill the order.
But it does happen sometimes, post can come in 1 day, others upto 3 days....

Probably depends on what time it's picked up from the warehouse by Royal Mail (or whoever else, who passes it to Royal Mail), whether it then makes it through the Royal Mail system in time for a morning delivery the following day or misses that and ends up the day after.

I find 2 days is the norm, not sure I've ever had one arrive the next day. It probably takes 3 days around 25% of the time.

Maybe RM were in a happy mood :rofl:

I remember someone (maybe) @paulboland saying something once about The Hut Group (not Jabba) who own Zavvi having 2 warehouses. One in Jersey/Guernsey and one in England. Could be your steel was sent from the England one and sent out early.

Rewatched this and enjoyed it even more than the first time around.
i still think it's a shame they had to kill everyone, yes I realise why but if they really wanted to they could have created a different universe but ah well still really enjoyed this

Rematched this and enjoyed it even more than the first time around.
i still think it's a shame they had to kill everyone, yes I realise why but if they really wanted to they could have created a different universe but ah well still really enjoyed this
I'm not sure I understand?

It's all set in the Star Wars universe? How could they create a new one? It has to tie-in and lead directly on to A New Hope. There was no other way......

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo