Release date: August 3rd, 2015
Purchase link: Sharknado (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes:

11063851-1554287594802086.JPG

11063851-5934287594795783.JPG

11063851-2704287594791400.JPG

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, come on now, it looks like Zavvi are scrapping the bottom of the barrel even though we all know dozens of amazing films that would be better suited to getting the steelbook treatment.

Even the five Sharknado fans (the five who are not ironic hipsters mock-watching this) will agree this has no replay value (in my opinion it does not have value in the first place). I'm all for parodies/satires but this is a low-budget SyFy TV movie... how low have we sunk to see Asylum productions getting steelbooks, seriously? (speaking of sinking low: The Abyss, it doesn't have a steelbook, let alone a Blu-ray release, now that's a travesty!).

But then, you have that admittedly great Mondo artwork*, and I bet you it will be glossy and look wonderful in hand, too... why does it feel like crappy films always get the best treatment? It's like jerks who always get the girl, it's just not fair :D.

* I'm a Mondo fan for a couple of months now, I like the style of most of their artists' work, I bough a few prints (Babadook, Fisher King, and the upcoming Pulp Fiction), an amazing Gremlins knit sweater and an Iron Giant tee-shirt :D. But even with Mondo art, Sharknado is a clear pass for me.

Last edited:
Every B Actor on the planet must have begged to be in the second one. Andy Dick as a cop, Matt Lauer and Al Roker had a huge role in the movie.:LOL::rofl:

Reactions: spass
I think the main reason why titles like this get Steelbooks over some so called 'classics' is because they are probably much cheaper/easier to license. A big studio doesn't want to devalue its big titles by releasing loads of 'limited editions', they would rather save them for anniversaries and similar. On the other hand, a small studio with small budget films will happily license the film to anyone they can for as much money as they can.

I don't see the problem in releasing a title like this personally. I don't care for this film but it does me no harm if it is released. The volume of titles being released at the moment means that it will probably have very little effect on the chances of any other titles being released. It is not as if it was a toss up between this and Raging Bull and Zavvi chose this. :LOL:

This is too late. If this released whilst the Sharknado "craze" was going then it may have made sense, but now it just feels like they're trying to keep people talking about Sharknado for whatever reason.

trashy movie, but i like the artwork! will eventually order it when the price will drop, btw. the amaray special edition blu-ray of sharknado can be bought at amazon.co.uk new from £2.10. :D

I don't understand the issue with this. It's a "so bad it's good" film. I get that those kinds of films aren't for everyone, but this is a Zavvi release. They're a dime a dozen. If this were an Exclusive from a company that didn't release so many titles, I would understand people being upset, but this comes from a company that will more than likely release AT LEAST a dozen or two steelbooks in that same month. As always, to each his own, but I for one (and probably the only spoken one) am looking forward to this. Especially since they chose the Mondo cover for it!!!

I don't understand the issue with this. It's a "so bad it's good" film. I get that those kinds of films aren't for everyone, but this is a Zavvi release. They're a dime a dozen. If this were an Exclusive from a company that didn't release so many titles, I would understand people being upset, but this comes from a company that will more than likely release AT LEAST a dozen or two steelbooks in that same month. As always, to each his own, but I for one (and probably the only spoken one) am looking forward to this. Especially since they chose the Mondo cover for it!!!
I was gonna say why this as a steel
but them reading that you make a good point
you could make lots of money as a lawyer for many 70s and 80s TV presenters

Reactions: mlmaier84
The movie has developed a bizarre cult following specifically because it is so bad and due to a social media campaign that caught on exactly because of that. Not sure I need to own this one, though the art is very cool lol.

Reactions: psychoscot
This may well sell out:

1) For some reason it is really trendy to be a massive fan of crap films.
2) It is mondo

Loads of people will order this and loads will put the pics straight on Twitter saying oh look how cool and unique I am I must be crazy to buy this but it is the best film ever LOL LMAO etc etc.

This may well sell out:

1) For some reason it is really trendy to be a massive fan of crap films.
2) It is mondo

Loads of people will order this and loads will put the pics straight on Twitter saying oh look how cool and unique I am I must be crazy to buy this but it is the best film ever LOL LMAO etc etc.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: