snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £22.99
Notes: Steelbook artwork will be identical to standard Steelbook edition but includes an exclusive lenticular magnet

8309499_1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has a weird mark on the back, and I found this image that looks like it might have the same thing.
And there's an image on the previous page that looks like there's something in the same place.
So does anyone else have an imperfection in the same place? Or definitely not have it? It almost appears like it's gloss in the light.

497fb2c598.png

Mine has a weird mark on the back, and I found this image that looks like it might have the same thing.
And there's an image on the previous page that looks like there's something in the same place.
So does anyone else have an imperfection in the same place? Or definitely not have it? It almost appears like it's gloss in the light.

497fb2c598.png
YES! I also have this on my copy... thought it was just a one-off or something and I got unlucky, but obviously not.

Reactions: ETSC
My copy has the same mark too, doesn't bother me to be honest.

Great release, weakest of the 3 movies though...........
Now that you mention it, I've just taken a real good look at mine and a similar mark is present, and under light reflection appears like a partial fingerprint, HOWEVER it is so insignificant, and really hard to see, It doesn't bother me one bit, looks like it's maybe on most copies, just most people can't see it.

mine also dispatched on the 15th received it on the 19th, yes i would defo be concerned and contact zoom,

Royal Mail are shocking. mine was dispatched on 15th but only turned up yesterday. happened with both Zoom and Zavvi orders so i can't fault the suppliers.

Mine still hasn't arrived yet either. I'm in the UK and ordered along time ago. If it doesn't arrive Thursday, then I'm contacting Zoom.

Has anyone outside the UK used Zoom yet to order this and have you got delivery yet
I'm looking to see what the delivery times are for European Orders not UK orders
I'm from Ireland
Did anyone else from Ireland or a another European Country excluding those from the UK order direct from zoom yet

My Order was shipped on the 18th but not delivered yet
Just trying to see what the average delivery times will be for customers from EU countries excluding UK

Has anyone outside the UK used Zoom yet to order this and have you got delivery yet
I'm looking to see what the delivery times are for European Orders not UK orders
I'm from Ireland
Did anyone else from Ireland or a another European Country excluding those from the UK order direct from zoom yet

My Order was shipped on the 18th but not delivered yet
Just trying to see what the average delivery times will be for customers from EU countries excluding UK
Mine was dispatched on 18/11. I will inform you on the day of delivery.

Reactions: paulboland
That's incredibly harsh! Pegg is not a fanboy, he understands genre and he and Doug Liman crafted, imo, a screenplay which allowed some breathing space and more natural portrayals of the characters (Pine said it was nice to play a less loud version of Kirk) and thematically the story addressed the human factor and the upsides and downsides of going on a, well, a Star Trek. I loved it, thought it was brilliantly executed with a lighter touch and felt very classic Star Trek which suited an anniversary year movie. Oh and Sofia Boutella as Jaylah stole the show.

I wouldn't disagree that JJ is the better visual director - as an action director he's so good he nearly managed to hide the issues with Into Darkness and he totally covered up the plot holes and conveniences in the story for his reboot which, despite the flaws and being a bit ott, I still loved.

At least, in any event, we didn't get a turkey like Nemesis. :p

well let me clarify, have been a trek fan all my life.
for me last film (into darkness) we had yes a heavy trek film full on we then come into this.
the first 30 mins i felt was a complete waste of time it was slow to start in anyway with story going in not much of any sort of direction and starting to think to myself what on earth is going on here has this film been wrecked?
but think to myself no give it chance and slowly it got going and the story slowly started to craft its self with humour coming along into it and getting better as it went along to be fair.

which then relates to my comment about pegg being a fanboy i stand by that comment for this reasoning, where someone is close you get a version from there head with there own rose tinted glasses thinking its super wonderful, where as a writer and director from thats not a super fanboy (and i don't mean this in a nasty way either) has some stand alone objectivity that the film has to appeal to the masses and up on its own right be entertaining and decent story all the way thru i honestly felt this did not do this all the way thru specfically the first 30 mins unless you felt the first 30 mins was good?

I have spoken with alot of my friends and trekky friends too and the main comment i get from most is "its not my favourite one tbh"

problem is also this the studio hire one director to do a film in one direction example we will say jj heavy full on, then we get pegg with justin lin in another a lighter slower direction. biggest problem becomes for the studio will the fans keep swallowing different directions with different directors and writing and keep buying it because in my eyes its just coporate greed slowly killing off trek.

studios think we will just keep rebooting films and make money.
reason they keep rebooting they didn't make money and numbers they wanted on last film they made and imho if they keep going this way people will lose interest in trek and they will shut it all down again because there is no money in it.

stats below that count
beyond Box Office: audience score 81% liked it
$158,804,470.00
Budget:
$185,000,000 (estimated)

into darkness: audience score 90% liked it
Box Office:
$228,756,232.00
Budget:
$190,000,000 (estimated)

star trek: audience score 91% liked it
Box Office:
$257,704,099.00
Budget:
$150,000,000 (estimated)

theres only a bit in it, but the studios need to get some proper direction i not saying this to be harsh to pegg i want future trek films to keep coming but the studios need to get a grip and focus on one direction and stick with it!

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
well let me clarify, have been a trek fan all my life.
for me last film (into darkness) we had yes a heavy trek film full on we then come into this.
the first 30 mins i felt was a complete waste of time it was slow to start in anyway with story going in not much of any sort of direction and starting to think to myself what on earth is going on here has this film been wrecked?
but think to myself no give it chance and slowly it got going and the story slowly started to craft its self with humour coming along into it and getting better as it went along to be fair.

which then relates to my comment about pegg being a fanboy i stand by that comment for this reasoning, where someone is close you get a version from there head with there own rose tinted glasses thinking its super wonderful, where as a writer and director from thats not a super fanboy (and i don't mean this in a nasty way either) has some stand alone objectivity that the film has to appeal to the masses and up on its own right be entertaining and decent story all the way thru i honestly felt this did not do this all the way thru specfically the first 30 mins unless you felt the first 30 mins was good?

I have spoken with alot of my friends and trekky friends too and the main comment i get from most is "its not my favourite one tbh"

problem is also this the studio hire one director to do a film in one direction example we will say jj heavy full on, then we get pegg with justin lin in another a lighter slower direction. biggest problem becomes for the studio will the fans keep swallowing different directions with different directors and writing and keep buying it because in my eyes its just coporate greed slowly killing off trek.

studios think we will just keep rebooting films and make money.
reason they keep rebooting they didn't make money and numbers they wanted on last film they made and imho if they keep going this way people will lose interest in trek and they will shut it all down again because there is no money in it.

stats below that count
$158,804,470.00
Budget:
$185,000,000 (estimated)

Box Office:
$228,756,232.00
Budget:
$190,000,000 (estimated)

Box Office:
$257,704,099.00
Budget:
$150,000,000 (estimated)

theres only a bit in it, but the studios need to get some proper direction i not saying this to be harsh to pegg i want future trek films to keep coming but the studios need to get a grip and focus on one direction and stick with it!

basil :thumbs:

I thought this one was the best of the three, imo. For me it felt more like a traditional Star Trek movie which seen as it is the anniversary was a nice touch.

For me the first 30 minutes were good. Sure it didn't get straight into the action like the last two but do all movies really need to?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
stats below that count
$158,804,470.00
Budget:
$185,000,000 (estimated)

Box Office:
$228,756,232.00
Budget:
$190,000,000 (estimated)

Box Office:
$257,704,099.00
Budget:
$150,000,000 (estimated)
I find those "US only" figures very misleading, as money is money, no matter where it's coming from.

Star Trek Beyond
Box Office:
$343,322,891 (worldwide), $158,804,470.00 (domestic)
Budget:
$185,000,000 (estimated)

Star Trek Into Darkness
Box Office:
$467,365,246 (Worldwide), $228,756,232.00 (domestic)
Budget:
$190,000,000 (estimated)

Star Trek
Box Office:
$385,680,446 (worldwide), $257,704,099.00 (domestic)
Budget:
$150,000,000 (estimated)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
I find those "US only" figures very misleading, as money is money, no matter where it's coming from.

Star Trek Beyond
Box Office:
$343,322,891 (worldwide), $158,804,470.00 (domestic)
Budget:
$185,000,000 (estimated)

Star Trek Into Darkness
Box Office:
$467,365,246 (Worldwide), $228,756,232.00 (domestic)
Budget:
$190,000,000 (estimated)

Star Trek
Box Office:
$385,680,446 (worldwide), $257,704,099.00 (domestic)
Budget:
$150,000,000 (estimated)

These budget figures don't include global advertising and marketing...Roughly double if the Studio thinks the film is going to do well

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
These budget figures don't include global advertising and marketing...Roughly double if the Studio thinks the film is going to do well
Well that is obvious; the published figures are box office gross figures.

But as long as we are counting (incoming) dollars, let's count them all :)

Well that is obvious; the published figures are box office gross figures.

But as long as we are counting dollars, let's count them all :)

A lot of people think the difference between the reported budget and Box Office gross is the profit...Far from it....Yeah, count all the $$$,$$$,$$$s :)