snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £22.99
Notes: Steelbook artwork will be identical to standard Steelbook edition but includes an exclusive lenticular magnet

8309499_1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No delivery either... their shipping speed is like 3-5 days and had a package come upto 5 days as well.
mine not turned up neither, wanted to watch this tonight or over weekend whats the bet we will all get them turn up monday?

anyone know where zoom are shipping from there warehouse and not they uk office?

cheers basil :thumbs:
Still no sign of mine yet either... although the release date is the 21st to be fair, so I suppose we can't moan too much. Fingers crossed for tomorrow though, as I'm really in the mood to watch the trilogy this weekend!
This was shipped out on Tuesday and still no delivery :banghead:

Just arrived peeps so hopefully yours today too

Glue on the lenti is stupid but it's a lovely release and arrived in a jiffy in a card mailer. Excellent steel and lenti IMO
Spot gloss is good too

Mine just arrived (in a jiffy inside a box).

Love the artwork on this, and the spot-gloss is a nice touch... although, I think full gloss would've suited it a lot better as it obviously would've brought out the colours more. The lenti has some nice depth to it too. Lovely looking steelbook overall! :thumbs:

Oh yours has arrived. That's good news

Yeah gloss would of been prefered but at least it's a decent matte

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Just arrived peeps so hopefully yours today too

Glue on the lenti is stupid but it's a lovely release and arrived in a jiffy in a card mailer. Excellent steel and lenti IMO
Spot gloss is good too

Oh yours has arrived. That's good news

Yeah gloss would of been prefered but at least it's a decent matte
Haha was just about to say you need to look at my previous post. :p

Glad yours arrived too mate! Yeah, at least it's the decent matte... rather than that cheap, streaky stuff. :wtf:

I almost said something about the glue/j-card too, but I decided not to because I'm always banging on about it and no one else seems to care, so I thought I was alone on that one lol.

The glue drives me mad though... especially when it's that really tacky stuff. Annoys me even more when they glue the j-cards to anything that's made of card/paper (slipcovers, box sets, digibooks etc.) as it can damage them... the amount of box sets and digibooks I have with bubbling on them caused by the glue is ridiculous. :sour:

The cellophane holds on the j-cards securely enough anyway, so what's the point in gluing them as well? I remember a few people having to return their Labyrinth digibooks because the glue had torn through the artwork when they tried to remove it (it only caused mine to bubble thankfully), so they're shooting themselves in the foot by using it, because they have to send out free replacements!

Haha was just about to say you need to look at my previous post. :p

Glad yours arrived too mate! Yeah, at least it's the decent matte... rather than that cheap, streaky stuff. :wtf:

I almost said something about the glue/j-card too, but I decided not to because I'm always banging on about it and no one else seems to care, so I thought I was alone on that one lol.

The glue drives me mad though... especially when it's that really tacky stuff. Annoys me even more when they glue the j-cards to anything that's made of card/paper (slipcovers, box sets, digibooks etc.) as it can damage them... the amount of box sets and digibooks I have with bubbling on them caused by the glue is ridiculous. :sour:

The cellophane holds on the j-cards securely enough anyway, so what's the point in gluing them as well? I remember a few people having to return their Labyrinth digibooks because the glue had torn through the artwork when they tried to remove it (it only caused mine to bubble thankfully), so they're shooting themselves in the foot by using it, because they have to send out free replacements!

We must of got it at literally the same time

I don't mind it when it's that really soft glue that comes of extremely easy but yeh like you say when it's that tacky sticky glue it ruins stuff.
Same with cellotape, I hate it (some do use the easy cellotape that comes of with ease and don't mark - universal use that)

I'm glad to have this version and i thought it was as good as the first and much better than into darkness.

Downer with the labryinth, it makes no sense to me why they do it

Unless they need the j card held in place for shrink wrapping. But the studio canal steels don't use glue or cellotape I don't think

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
mine came in a card box, similar to the ones amazon send their dvds out in, with a jiffy inside.

pointless, low quality lenti with revolting colours

they glued the paper slip to the lenti, meaning you will have to wash residue from the lenti after you have prised it open, likely tearing the slip in the process. As i did, top and bottom.

the steel itself is very nice. Saves this package from being a disaster

i havent seen the film, will watch tonight.

Last edited:
Got mine today too. Impressive. Really nice. Although I think I scuffed the lenti trying to get the glue off (n)
I did too.. thought I'd got it all off clean till I tilted it in the light but I didn't tear the j card as someone in the thread (think it was flloydo) warned us about it. such a stupid thing to do when you create a nice lenti or steelbook then put a load of clue on it:confused: you would think such a thing wouldn't happen anymore, I know they need to keep the j card in place when they shrink wrap it but the clear stickers work better (for the steel) than glue and sometimes we get j cards that have no sticker or glue at all so we know it's possible to shrink wrap without the need of either.:confused::rofl:

I hate that glue!!!! Same for Spiderman and Hulk's, why do they even bother, so annoying. Not a bad steel. Similar to the ES Into Darkness quality. The Lenti could had done with a little more improvement, but with 3D, digital download, lenti magnet for £20 good value overall.

Looking forward to getting this, thinking of binning the magnet or I'll give it away to a ninja as in my opinion it looks out of place.
But the steel itself, winner winner chicken dinner!

Looking forward to getting this, thinking of binning the magnet or I'll give it away to a ninja as in my opinion it looks out of place.
But the steel itself, winner winner chicken dinner!

Why don't you get the standard UK one if you don't want the magnet? I suppose it's the same price and you get the joy to bin the magnet lol

Does anyone have a technique to remove glue gently?

Yeah....

You remove it gently!

Jokes, not a clue. Maybe a hairdryer but please don't moan at me if it warps. Never tried it personally but also don't hold it too close if you do decide to use a hairdryer

Reactions: ariba266
Does anyone have a technique to remove glue gently?

mine started to take jcard cardboard with it luckily manage to leave it on lenti then gently very gently slowly roll it off and then a jcloth with warm water slowly clean on flat surface and dry tea towel dry it soon as clean. some of the most stubborn glue ive seen in a while. my advice to anyone get it off soon as get this steel or you will have problems later.

lenti is of very nice quality but as some have said does look odd on it a bit so have stuck on the freezer in the kitchen so will see there each day.

as to the film without giving anything away, first 30 mins i thought what on earth was going on peg seemed to have screwed it up then slowly got going in to a nice rhythm after that, but should have had jj doing it and not justin lin personal view i know.

question i asked myself is a worthy 50 year film for trek and thought no not really.
goodish film but not outstanding pegg had too much involvement for my likeing you can see that in the story which to my mind takes away from the film to be honest.

lets hope the next one is better fingers crossed and not the fanboy writing it tbh.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: ariba266
Why don't you get the standard UK one if you don't want the magnet? I suppose it's the same price and you get the joy to bin the magnet lol
I had an order for it already, and as you say it's the same price, why not. But as it's full size and dosent fit to the frame, I've gone off it, plus it looks out of place to the deign if the steel I think.
Still, some lucky ninja can have it when my turns up, so everyone's a winner!
IMG_1793.JPG

Waiting to see pics of a fridge with all the U.K. lenti magnets on it . . . should look splendiferous :)

Regarding annoyingly fixed j-cards - maybe some will remember the problems a few years ago with Eureka's "Double Indemnity" where the two glue blobs left behind by the j-card were so fixed that it was almost impossible to remove them from the steelbook without the use of a special glue remover. Obviously nail polish is not recommended but WD40, lighter fuel or Isopropyl Alcohol seem to do the job.

Last edited: