snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £22.99
Notes: Steelbook artwork will be identical to standard Steelbook edition but includes an exclusive lenticular magnet

8309499_1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I got this right the steelbook is the same as the standard UK one, but for the same price you get the Lenti Magnet.

It's a pity they didn't put the title on the Lenti. But it looks great quality.

I Think it looks much better with out a title. Would ruin that art

So if I got this right the steelbook is the same as the standard UK one, but for the same price you get the Lenti Magnet.

Yeah, and I got mine for under £20 so a bargain

Sounds good, looks like I made the right decision. I thought the standard UK one would be slightly different but it makes much more sense to get the Zoom version. I can see this one selling out first. But they probably made a massive print run for the standard UK release.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
From my experience with Zoom I think they don't always ship the minute you get the despatch email.

My Warcraft took about a week to get delivered (to a UK address) When I contacted them after a few days wondering where it was and quoting my despatch date, I got reply saying that my order had only been picked up by Royal Mail 3 days after I got my despatch email. I'm not sure where it was for 3 days. Just sitting at the warehouse I expect.

And that was within the UK. Not sure if international orders will be any quicker.

When we
From my experience with Zoom I think they don't always ship the minute you get the despatch email.

My Warcraft took about a week to get delivered (to a UK address) When I contacted them after a few days wondering where it was and quoting my despatch date, I got reply saying that my order had only been picked up by Royal Mail 3 days after I got my despatch email. I'm not sure where it was for 3 days. Just sitting at the warehouse I expect.

And that was within the UK. Not sure if international orders will be any quicker.

Maybe RM collection was slow on that day? So what they done is marked as dispatched but it never actually left due to RM. I guess it's one of those things but in their interpretation it had been boxed up and ready to go.

Phew . . . before reading some of the above posts I thought I was the only one not to have received my copy (posted on the 15th).

GREAT to see another full height lenticular instead of those shrink-to-fit jobbies that more often than not don't match up with the art on the actual steelbooks behind them. :thumbs::happy:

RE: PACKAGING - Should come in a padded envelope inside HMV style wraparound cardboard packaging like other recent steelbooks received from Zoom.

EDIT 19/11: Received my copy today - very nice lenti but going back for replacement as scratched across top.

Last edited:
Just realised they have shipped in a padded jiffy and then a card mailer so that's better

My last was just in a jiffy (arrived safely though)

When we

Maybe RM collection was slow on that day? So what they done is marked as dispatched but it never actually left due to RM. I guess it's one of those things but in their interpretation it had been boxed up and ready to go.
Yeah I guess. 3 days though?

In fairness my other orders came pretty much on time (within about 2 days) that was the only delayed one so far.

It's a handy little site. Prices are competitive enough and the discount code is a nice touch.

Yeah I guess. 3 days though?

In fairness my other orders came pretty much on time (within about 2 days) that was the only delayed one so far.

It's a handy little site. Prices are competitive enough and the discount code is a nice touch.

Yep, get rid of Zavvi please. They are the worst retailer for Steelbooks I have ever seen. I have no choice but to support them as all the exclusives are with them. At least with Zoom you get to talk to a real person without these dumb templated responses which really pisses me off. You ask them about one thing and they send a templated response to something completely different. Then you have to wait one full day for someone to read your message correctly. Hopefully they can make some future deals and licenses with more distributors.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just opened up .Very disappointed. Screams for gloss or spot gloss but just plain matte. Lenticular is good but it kind of looks pointless on the Steelbook.

Into Darkness was matte and I found it good quality (Entertainment Store exclusive). How does it compare with that one?

I think it's a good quality matte, not streaky or cheap feeling. I'd say it's as good as Into Darkness (ES). As stated in my video, the title is glossed.

Zoom are using a non encrypted email from whoever they are using as their email provider
live-servers.net did not encrypt this message
You might not receive order confirmation or despatch emails from your email provider as some email providers are blocking emails due to this as they have marked them as malicious email and delete them from their servers

I will contact zoom by phone on Monday in regard to this

If you are using gmail you will notice a red unlock icon in your email message
For now Gmail you will get the emails but some other email providers have blocked zoom emails

Affected Ireland Email Providers Eircom they have blocked Zoom emails from zoom customer service email address
Some UK email providers might also have done the same

Into Darkness was matte and I found it good quality (Entertainment Store exclusive). How does it compare with that one?

ES Into Darkness was good but custom glossing took that to the next level. The other Into Darkness were meh. When compared to ES Into Darkness this one is very average but on par with the villain artwork which I thought was disappointing. Spot glossing on the title is not that noticeable. It is only subtle. Overall a disappointing Steelbook from Paramount.

Mine just arrived (in a jiffy inside a box).

Love the artwork on this, and the spot-gloss is a nice touch... although, I think full gloss would've suited it a lot better as it obviously would've brought out the colours more. The lenti has some nice depth to it too. Lovely looking steelbook overall! :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry