Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: November 17th, 2015
Platform: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

The ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down. Rebel forces firing blasters. Imperial speeder bikes zipping by. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront goes on sale November 17th on PS4, PC and Xbox One.

EA and Dice showed off the first gameplay of the new Star Wars: Battlefront via a small developer diary at the start of their 2014 press conference.

More footage coming Spring 2015.

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Hey @Noodles do you know when EA are gonna start releasing content for the Season Pass?
Early 2016 is all they've said at the moment... so hopefully sometime in January if we're lucky, but I'm thinking February. EA also recently replied to a number of people on Twitter saying that Battlefront is set during the original trilogy and that's what the team are focusing on for this release, so getting content for The Force Awakens doesn't look too promising. :(

Reactions: jitstark
Early 2016 is all they've said at the moment... so hopefully sometime in January if we're lucky, but I'm thinking February. EA also recently replied to a number of people on Twitter saying that Battlefront is set during the original trilogy and that's what the team are focusing on for this release, so getting content for The Force Awakens doesn't look too promising. :(

Thanks buddy.

Shame there'll be no Force Awakens stuff. I'm not too fussed about the environments (Don't read if you haven't seen the movie)
as they just kind of re-use Endor and Hoth, although it'd be cool to have a battle around the Maz Kanata's canteena.
I'd love to play as Poe Dameron though in the x-wing dogfights.

Reactions: Noodles
Thanks buddy.

Shame there'll be no Force Awakens stuff. I'm not too fussed about the environments (Don't read if you haven't seen the movie)
as they just kind of re-use Endor and Hoth, although it'd be cool to have a battle around the Maz Kanata's canteena.
I'd love to play as Poe Dameron though in the x-wing dogfights.
I think it'd be stupid for them not to include TFA in their DLC at some point, so I'm not totally convinced they won't. I mean... they've already gone against what they said in their tweets as they've given us a Jakku map. Plus they'd no doubt make a lot of money (which we all know EA love) by using characters, vehicles and locations from TFA. I'm taking what they said with a pinch of salt anyway.

Getting to play as Poe would definitely be awesome! :D

Reactions: jitstark
If you're a Star Wars fan and used to shooter games (specifically the older ones), then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I get the impression a lot of non-shooter people bought it just because it is Star Wars though, which is probably where most of the negative feedback is coming from. Just Cause looks like loads of fun by the way!

Congrats! Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. I'll add you soon. :thumbs:

Just got this, heard nothing but bad news on the game, hope to hop on tonight if anyone wants to run.

Just got this, heard nothing but bad news on the game, hope to hop on tonight if anyone wants to run.
I honestly feel most of the negative feedback came from CoD fanboys. I look forward to hearing your thoughts... hopefully you enjoy it as much as I've been doing! :)

Got this the other day @Noodles and i am enjoying it lots. It doesnt bother me that it is mainly online. As long as you have friends to play it with it can be a right laugh.
Glad you're enjoying it! It's definitely tons of fun when playing with friends... I find Heroes vs Villains is the most enjoyable, and if you and your friends are well organized and communicate, then you can be almost invincible. Can't wait for the DLC - whatever that may be!

Glad you're enjoying it! It's definitely tons of fun when playing with friends... I find Heroes vs Villains is the most enjoyable, and if you and your friends are well organized and communicate, then you can be almost invincible. Can't wait for the DLC - whatever that may be!

Thats all we seem to be playing at the moment (Heroes Vs Villains). I think thats my fave too. The only gripe i have with it is that i think it should be more than 6 people a team. Maybe throw in a few more rebels or emperials into the mix.

I honestly feel most of the negative feedback came from CoD fanboys. I look forward to hearing your thoughts... hopefully you enjoy it as much as I've been doing! :)

Not too shabby, very Battlefield heavy game play which isn't bad but it does feel like the game is just a skin pack of battlefield 4. They need to implement balancing of teams via server but otherwise I enjoyed my time. Need to play more modes, of course I did well in TDM Don't really know why I excel in that game format so well.

Reactions: Noodles
An update is supposed to be on its way tomorrow... if the recent leak was true, then it'll probably be a new Tatooine map, some private matches, a new set of daily challenges, community events and a new wardrobe for Luke and Leia.

New content officially confirmed...
  • The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
  • New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
  • We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
  • The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
  • And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
The above is to be added to the game tomorrow!

1.jpg

They've also announced that they'll be releasing more free content through February and March. The February content will include a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. The March content will include another exciting new multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.

They've also revealed more details about the season pass...
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Autumn 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
Full details can be found here.

Reactions: Kizza
They really need to increase the level cap on this game. Level 50 just isnt enough
Agreed! I pretty much stopped playing once I got to 50 as I felt there was no point after that. Obviously I'll jump back on for the DLC though. :D

Reactions: Kizza
So I'm finally on this. Granted I have CRAP for time .... but hoping to get some time in when I can ...