Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Disney are finally coming around with their finishes i.e. Titles gloss etc
We're not quite there yet but with recent Thor offering and this one looking like a half decent finish it's looking promising

Who says 3D is dead? They are always the first versions to sell out over 4K.

And before I hear 'There's no 3D included for the U.S. market'. Well then, that just reinforces that there still is demand for it. Otherwise why would Americans spend more to import the same movie?

Who says 3D is dead? They are always the first versions to sell out over 4K.

And before I hear 'There's no 3D included for the U.S. market'. Well then, that just reinforces that there still is demand for it. Otherwise why would Americans spend more to import the same movie?
I'm sure the fact it's cheaper probably has a lot to do with it... I have no interest in 3D or 4K, but am forced to buy one or the other since it's the only way to get hold of the steelbook, so obviously I'm just going to get the cheaper of the two.

And we don't know how many of each version are made. If there are only a third as many 3D copies, then a quicker sell-out doesn't mean it's more popular than 2D or 4K, but it may indicate that demand is at least a little higher than what the studios assume.

I'm sure the fact it's cheaper probably has a lot to do with it... I have no interest in 3D or 4K, but am forced to buy one or the other since it's the only way to get hold of the steelbook, so obviously I'm just going to get the cheaper of the two.

Exactly.

Here in Canada, most of the time the only option we get for any new release steelbook is the 4K/2D combo so we have no choice but to buy the 4K.

If there was an option to just buy a Blu-ray steelbook of Thor or The Last Jedi without the 4K I would because it would probably be cheaper.

Like you, I will never have any need for 4K or 3D.

• Thanks
Reactions: tono06 and Noodles
Exactly.

Here in Canada, most of the time the only option we get for any new release steelbook is the 4K/2D combo so we have no choice but to buy the 4K.

If there was an option to just buy a Blu-ray steelbook of Thor or The Last Jedi without the 4K I would because it would probably be cheaper.

Like you, I will never have any need for 4K or 3D.
Yep, it sucks for those of us who only want 2D and have no use for 3D/4K, but are forced to buy them anyway. The sooner both formats die out, the better IMO!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
£33 for an okay-ish film, no surprise the 2D/3D is selling so well in comparison. I'm a 4K man even I've considered learning towards the 2D/3D path, I guess I could always sell the 3D disc. Fox/Sony have managed to sell 2D/4K combos at £24.99 so why not Disney? Looks like they're reaching.