STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling Jerry Jones will live to be past 100. And after he goes they will probably hook his head up to some type of machine that keeps him alive and able to keep ruining the Cowboys organization for decades LOL.

I always thought the Vader helmet felt kind of chintzy. It doesn't really feel like its any better quality than you'd find on a 12" hasbro figure. I checked again and I think the helmet is definitely plastic, the mask may be poly though.

The Jyn PF looks like one of their better ones in that pic. But the production version won't look anywhere near that good. I've never been blown away by any of the human SW PFs so far. The sculpts have been great on some like Jedi Luke and Anakin, (and bad on others, I'm looking at you Han LOL) but the paint apps have been pretty bland on all of them. HT just kills SS so badly when it comes to painting flesh tones.

Holy crap! I didn't know it was going for that much. I definitely don't have nearly enough of a connection to spend that much on it either. It does look really badass though!

I remember how disappointed you were when Darkseid's price was revealed. If it was a character I wanted I would have been pissed too. Do you think you'll regret sending it back if you do? I'm not sure how big of a Darkseid fan you are, but I know how big of a Superman fan you are. You might regret it if you can't get all of his villains.

I need to check myself into the psych ward this week for sure, because I just ordered the 1:2 Bats too over the weekend :OMG:.

Holy crap, you've lost your mind! :p That's going to make such a badass display with them all together. What's going to happen if Prime 1 releases Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg from the next movie? ;)

Oh yeah that Ghost Rider is selling for $2K on average. That thing is seriously a work of art.

I'd love to have Darkseid for my Superman rogue gallery, BUT I don't know if I want to keep something I'm not fully satisfied with. I'm sure if I decide to keep it and sell it later on that I would end up selling it at a loss. I don't know right now. I'm definitely done buying statues that I'm not satisfied with from Sideshow. I cancelled Lex a while ago and I'm not going to reorder him.

Holy crap, you've lost your mind! :p That's going to make such a badass display with them all together. What's going to happen if Prime 1 releases Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg from the next movie? ;)

scurrd.gif

No, no, no. These will be the only 2 that I ever order. I really wanted both of these, but I thought if I ordered Batman first I might be more likely to only order Batman, but if I ordered Superman first I figured I'd be more likely to talk myself into Batman as well, and it worked :p.

Oh yeah that Ghost Rider is selling for $2K on average. That thing is seriously a work of art.

I'd love to have Darkseid for my Superman rogue gallery, BUT I don't know if I want to keep something I'm not fully satisfied with. I'm sure if I decide to keep it and sell it later on that I would end up selling it at a loss. I don't know right now. I'm definitely done buying statues that I'm not satisfied with from Sideshow. I cancelled Lex a while ago and I'm not going to reorder him.

That Ghost Rider is a really gorgeous piece all around.

I see what you're saying. I hope XM makes better versions of Darkseid and Lex for you cuz I know how much you'd like to have those characters, and I'm sure they'll turn out a lot better than SS's.

Did you guys see this: http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

Its by far my favorite title since ROTS. There may have only been 2 titles since ROTS before this one, but still its my favorite :p:D.

scurrd.gif

No, no, no. These will be the only 2 that I ever order. I really wanted both of these, but I thought if I ordered Batman first I might be more likely to only order Batman, but if I ordered Superman first I figured I'd be more likely to talk myself into Batman as well, and it worked :p.

I see what you're saying. I hope XM makes better versions of Darkseid and Lex for you cuz I know how much you'd like to have those characters, and I'm sure they'll turn out a lot better than SS's.

Did you guys see this: http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

Its by far my favorite title since ROTS. There may have only been 2 titles since ROTS before this one, but still its my favorite :p:D.

Ha, I love the Great Outdoors! Well that's good you set a limit, are you sure you're not even a little tempted by Wonder Woman...?

I love the title! Now I expect an epic poster of Luke standing on that island by himself.

Ha, I love the Great Outdoors! Well that's good you set a limit, are you sure you're not even a little tempted by Wonder Woman...?

I love the title! Now I expect an epic poster of Luke standing on that island by himself.

I loved that movie too. One of my favorites when I was a kid.

Oh, I'm very tempted by Wonder Woman. But I can be as tempted as I want, there is absolutely no money for her :LOL:. This will be it for the entire year. I won't even be ordering anything from SDCC, I need to massively recoup after this.

Luke all by himself. That reminds me of this:

I loved that movie too. One of my favorites when I was a kid.

Oh, I'm very tempted by Wonder Woman. But I can be as tempted as I want, there is absolutely no money for her :LOL:. This will be it for the entire year. I won't even be ordering anything from SDCC, I need to massively recoup after this.

Luke all by himself. That reminds me of this:

Ha ha, that's pretty funny.

So what's the verdict? Still wait to see the final product?

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%202.10.21%20PM_zpshvxn8hl7.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%202.10.35%20PM_zpss5gi6f3d.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%202.10.51%20PM_zpsvsg65t3u.png

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
Ha ha, that's pretty funny.

So what's the verdict? Still wait to see the final product?

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%202.10.21%20PM_zpshvxn8hl7.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%202.10.35%20PM_zpss5gi6f3d.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%202.10.51%20PM_zpsvsg65t3u.png

I don't know what the general consensus has been so far from this video, but I'm sure hoping the official proto pics will look better than that, because I don't think the head sculpt looks good there at all :dunno:. She looks almost man-ish. I didn't see the video itself so its possible she looks better in the video itself than just those couple of frames.

Edit: So after glancing at the forum people are saying they apparently changed the sculpt since it was first shown at NYCC.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
I don't know what the general consensus has been so far from this video, but I'm sure hoping the official proto pics will look better than that, because I don't think the head sculpt looks good there at all :dunno:. She looks almost man-ish. I didn't see the video itself so its possible she looks better in the video itself than just those couple of frames.

Edit: So after glancing at the forum people are saying they apparently changed the sculpt since it was first shown at NYCC.

Really? I think it looks pretty good. Of course I have no doubts that the final product will look way worse than what we're seeing there. At least BB-8 is sold separately!

Do you still have any comic books from when you were younger?

Really? I think it looks pretty good. Of course I have no doubts that the final product will look way worse than what we're seeing there. At least BB-8 is sold separately!

Do you still have any comic books from when you were younger?

After reading the comments on the forums I see I am clearly in the minority because everyone else seems to think she looks great. I'm just not seeing it from these exact photos. She's got the deer in the headlights stare even worse than most HTs LOL. Her jaw also seems really big and man-ish here. I've seen lots of pics of her from NYCC and she looked much better there so I'm hoping it just these specific shots that I'm not liking. I wish I would have seen the actual video, that would have helped.

I don't think I had that many comics from when I was younger. I got into reading actual comics back in the 90's when the DC vs Marvel series came out and then Amalgam comics came out right after that. I remember kids who weren't even into superheroes at all back then were even reading the DC vs Marvel series. After that I don't think I went into an actual comic shop until late in high school. I did have 1 Ninja Turtles comic that I used to have when I was really little, I don't know if I still have it though.

After reading the comments on the forums I see I am clearly in the minority because everyone else seems to think she looks great. I'm just not seeing it from these exact photos. She's got the deer in the headlights stare even worse than most HTs LOL. Her jaw also seems really big and man-ish here. I've seen lots of pics of her from NYCC and she looked much better there so I'm hoping it just these specific shots that I'm not liking. I wish I would have seen the actual video, that would have helped.

I don't think I had that many comics from when I was younger. I got into reading actual comics back in the 90's when the DC vs Marvel series came out and then Amalgam comics came out right after that. I remember kids who weren't even into superheroes at all back then were even reading the DC vs Marvel series. After that I don't think I went into an actual comic shop until late in high school. I did have 1 Ninja Turtles comic that I used to have when I was really little, I don't know if I still have it though.

DUDE!!! I checked my mail today and got a package from you! I immediately threw the shirt on. :) You went all out with the wrapping paper! THANK YOU!!!!

To be honest, I kind of think Daisy Ridley has some mannish facial features, ha. It's her jaw or something, but I still think she's hot...is that weird? Yeah I think you're in the minority on her face sculpt.

I had quite a few Darkhawk comics and a few other odd ones here and there like Spiderman, Superman, and Flash. I ended up giving them all to someone when I was in my early 20s though. There are quite a few issues I'd like to get, mostly first appearances. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money on CGC graded ones or just get the comic for way cheaper. Decisions decisions.

DUDE!!! I checked my mail today and got a package from you! I immediately threw the shirt on. :) You went all out with the wrapping paper! THANK YOU!!!!

To be honest, I kind of think Daisy Ridley has some mannish facial features, ha. It's her jaw or something, but I still think she's hot...is that weird? Yeah I think you're in the minority on her face sculpt.

I had quite a few Darkhawk comics and a few other odd ones here and there like Spiderman, Superman, and Flash. I ended up giving them all to someone when I was in my early 20s though. There are quite a few issues I'd like to get, mostly first appearances. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money on CGC graded ones or just get the comic for way cheaper. Decisions decisions.

Awesome! Glad you got it! I wanted to use Santa paper but I was out LOL. You've got a package too Lou, don't know if you've checked your mailbox yet.

Its not weird, I think she's hot too. I think you're right though, she does kind of have a big jaw. I think its just these pics that I'm not liking, because I do like what I saw from the con pics. Did they say when she's supposed to be going up for order? Not like I have any money anyways :rofl:.

The Darkhawk comic is really awesome! You were definitely right when you said he was, and I wasn't expecting so many awesome Marvel character cameos.

That sucks you gave away your comics. Kind of like that stupid thing I did when I sold my Super Nintendo for Diddy Kong racing LMAO!. I still need to buy me a SNES one of these days on ebay. Are you going to reread any of the comics you want to get? If not and you really like the character maybe go with CGC on a couple of them. I don't have any CGC graded comics, but I want to get at least a couple. I want to eventually get one thats signed by Stan Lee too, probably a Spider-Man one.

That Ghost Rider is friggen amazing. Someone was selling one for $1700 on the Freaks forum and I was tempted to buy it then I realized I have no connection with the character at all, ha.

I still haven't opened my Darkseid and think I'm going to send it back. Just too disappointed with the size and pose, should have never ordered it in the first place. I know XM can make one that's 1000x better.

Jerry is only 74, I bet he lives to be 100. Of course will his son actually hire a GM and not meddle like his idiot father? I'm going to be pissed when they put Jerry's name on the Cowboys Ring of Honor. He ruined this franchise.

Yeah XM is top notch, their products are on another level compared to Sideshow.

The Ghost Rider piece is absolutely amazing! I showed my wife that video and she was blown away too. I told her that XM was the company making the Vader Trio I want, and she was very interested and asked what other pieces there were. So, I showed her the Boba Fett piece that was shown at a convention and she thought it was really cool. She then asked about price and I told her about a grand or 2 for most pieces. She asked how many a year, and I said probably 1 or 2. She then said that the Boba piece looked better than anything I currently own and said I should just buy XM stuff, lmao! So, I am currently seeing if I can still get the Boba piece for a decent price, but I will most likely still stick with my Jedi, Sith, Force user, lightsaber welding characters. I do have the green light from her which I never thought she'd go for smith the higher XM prices.

If they do put his name up there, I hope its in teeny tiny letters that can barely be seen, lmao. I hate that guy!

scurrd.gif

I dig it. IMO, this and TFA feel different than GL's previous titles, but I like this direction that Lucasfilm and Disney are taking.

For me those pics reinforce what you said about SS and flesh tones. It just seems kinda bland. I want a Rey statue, but this one may not be it.

Awesome! Glad you got it! I wanted to use Santa paper but I was out LOL. You've got a package too Lou, don't know if you've checked your mailbox yet.

Its not weird, I think she's hot too. I think you're right though, she does kind of have a big jaw. I think its just these pics that I'm not liking, because I do like what I saw from the con pics. Did they say when she's supposed to be going up for order? Not like I have any money anyways :rofl:.

The Darkhawk comic is really awesome! You were definitely right when you said he was, and I wasn't expecting so many awesome Marvel character cameos.

That sucks you gave away your comics. Kind of like that stupid thing I did when I sold my Super Nintendo for Diddy Kong racing LMAO!. I still need to buy me a SNES one of these days on ebay. Are you going to reread any of the comics you want to get? If not and you really like the character maybe go with CGC on a couple of them. I don't have any CGC graded comics, but I want to get at least a couple. I want to eventually get one thats signed by Stan Lee too, probably a Spider-Man one.

Yes, I got my package. I'm actually wearing the shirt now! Lol! Thanks man. I hope to get yours and Adam's stuff out in the next couple of weeks.

You know what they say about girls with big jaws.......!

Ha, yeah I don't think you're going to be ordering any new Star Wars statues for a while! You still have to figure out how to display those 1:2 scale pieces before they get there.

Yeah I thought Darkhawk was a pretty cool character (of course I was a kid). There were a lot of cameos the first 10 issues or so then he was usually on his own for the last 35 before they cancelled the title. Now he is rarely used. Although I saw the new Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy 2 action figures and one of them is Darkhawk... Speaking of characters that haven't shown up in comics for forever, Booster Gold hasn't been in a DC comic for 2 years!

A signed Stan Lee comic would be cool. I had him sign a Daredevil #16 that has both Daredevil and Spider-Man on the cover so that took care of both Marvel characters I like. :) I would love to get a CGC graded comic of Bullseye's first appearance. Although my favorite Daredevil issue is probably #191. It's pretty messed up, Daredevil goes to the hospital where Bullseye is and plays Russian Roulette with him. Frank Miller's run on Daredevil is pretty dark.

The Ghost Rider piece is absolutely amazing! I showed my wife that video and she was blown away too. I told her that XM was the company making the Vader Trio I want, and she was very interested and asked what other pieces there were. So, I showed her the Boba Fett piece that was shown at a convention and she thought it was really cool. She then asked about price and I told her about a grand or 2 for most pieces. She asked how many a year, and I said probably 1 or 2. She then said that the Boba piece looked better than anything I currently own and said I should just buy XM stuff, lmao! So, I am currently seeing if I can still get the Boba piece for a decent price, but I will most likely still stick with my Jedi, Sith, Force user, lightsaber welding characters. I do have the green light from her which I never thought she'd go for smith the higher XM prices.

If they do put his name up there, I hope its in teeny tiny letters that can barely be seen, lmao. I hate that guy!

I dig it. IMO, this and TFA feel different than GL's previous titles, but I like this direction that Lucasfilm and Disney are taking.

For me those pics reinforce what you said about SS and flesh tones. It just seems kinda bland. I want a Rey statue, but this one may not be it.

Yes, I got my package. I'm actually wearing the shirt now! Lol! Thanks man. I hope to get yours and Adam's stuff out in the next couple of weeks.

Dude, your wife is awesome! So does that mean you're going to order the XM Fett? It's a cool piece, but feels too comic booky for me...if that makes any sense.

Girls with big jaws, HA! Oh man...

Last edited:

LMAO! Oh yeah!

Its so awesome you have a wife that is on board with your collecting. And not only that, but is encouraging you to buy the super expensive XM stuff too. You got yourself an awesome woman there!

I'd definitely wait to see what Rey statues come out for VIII and IX. The rag outfit just isn't for me, and I'd prefer her to be wielding a saber.

Glad to hear your guys both got your packages. You are both very welcome! I did feel kind of weird wrapping Xmas presents in January lol. I hopefully won't be so belated with Xmas gifts next year.

Ha, yeah I don't think you're going to be ordering any new Star Wars statues for a while! You still have to figure out how to display those 1:2 scale pieces before they get there.

Yeah I thought Darkhawk was a pretty cool character (of course I was a kid). There were a lot of cameos the first 10 issues or so then he was usually on his own for the last 35 before they cancelled the title. Now he is rarely used. Although I saw the new Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy 2 action figures and one of them is Darkhawk... Speaking of characters that haven't shown up in comics for forever, Booster Gold hasn't been in a DC comic for 2 years!

A signed Stan Lee comic would be cool. I had him sign a Daredevil #16 that has both Daredevil and Spider-Man on the cover so that took care of both Marvel characters I like. :) I would love to get a CGC graded comic of Bullseye's first appearance. Although my favorite Daredevil issue is probably #191. It's pretty messed up, Daredevil goes to the hospital where Bullseye is and plays Russian Roulette with him. Frank Miller's run on Daredevil is pretty dark.

Dude, your wife is awesome! So does that mean you're going to order the XM Fett? It's a cool piece, but feels to comic booky for me...if that makes any sense.

I think I'm going to wait on seriously looking at displays for them until some people get these in hand so someone can confirm the dimensions of these things. I just don't trust SS's measurements well enough, it seems that they are always off on all of their stuff. But I'm actually thinking of dipslaying them on top of a besta like this if possible: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19089511/#/S39089483. These will be going in the corner of my room against the wall, and a unit like that would fit absolutely perfectly. If I could get something that had hidden storage space on the bottom that would be even more of a plus. Bestas in that room are also white, so I would probably go with white again to match, but I might switch it up and go with black for these. I haven't decided yet.

I was going to say I was looking at Darkhawk stuff on eBay and I saw they had figures of him! Thats pretty freaking cool considering I never even heard of him until you brought him up.

I need to pick up Frank Miller's Daredevil eventually, I heard its really good.

I agree with you on XM Boba. I think it looks really fantastic but its too comic booky for me too. But I'm weird, if I could I would probably have all my statues posed in the most bland museum pose possible.

LMAO! Oh yeah!

Its so awesome you have a wife that is on board with your collecting. And not only that, but is encouraging you to buy the super expensive XM stuff too. You got yourself an awesome woman there!

I'd definitely wait to see what Rey statues come out for VIII and IX. The rag outfit just isn't for me, and I'd prefer her to be wielding a saber.

Glad to hear your guys both got your packages. You are both very welcome! I did feel kind of weird wrapping Xmas presents in January lol. I hopefully won't be so belated with Xmas gifts next year.

I think I'm going to wait on seriously looking at displays for them until some people get these in hand so someone can confirm the dimensions of these things. I just don't trust SS's measurements well enough, it seems that they are always off on all of their stuff. But I'm actually thinking of dipslaying them on top of a besta like this if possible: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19089511/#/S39089483. These will be going in the corner of my room against the wall, and a unit like that would fit absolutely perfectly. If I could get something that had hidden storage space on the bottom that would be even more of a plus. Bestas in that room are also white, so I would probably go with white again to match, but I might switch it up and go with black for these. I haven't decided yet.

I was going to say I was looking at Darkhawk stuff on eBay and I saw they had figures of him! Thats pretty freaking cool considering I never even heard of him until you brought him up.

I agree with you on XM Boba. I think it looks really fantastic but its too comic booky for me too. But I'm weird, if I could I would probably have all my statues posed in the most bland museum pose possible.

I watched the Sideshow live video from yesterday on youtube and I have to say that Rey looks pretty dang good (minus the stare of course). I'll probably just order BB-8 and wait to see how she turns out.

Good point on the measurements. I'm still trying to figure out the measurements on the XM Punisher. All it says on their site is that it's 24.5 inches tall and I highly doubt a 1/4 scale character sitting down is that tall. I wonder if that's how wide it is. Those Bestas are pretty slick looking with the doors. I'm looking forward to you getting those statues!

Frank Miller's Daredevil is fantastic. If you don't have it by next year that will be your Christmas present from me, ha ha.

I watched the Sideshow live video from yesterday on youtube and I have to say that Rey looks pretty dang good (minus the stare of course). I'll probably just order BB-8 and wait to see how she turns out.

Good point on the measurements. I'm still trying to figure out the measurements on the XM Punisher. All it says on their site is that it's 24.5 inches tall and I highly doubt a 1/4 scale character sitting down is that tall. I wonder if that's how wide it is. Those Bestas are pretty slick looking with the doors. I'm looking forward to you getting those statues!

Frank Miller's Daredevil is fantastic. If you don't have it by next year that will be your Christmas present from me, ha ha.

Ha! That sounds like it would be an awesome gift plan!

I'm sure Rey will be a piece that will look better from the side. The stare probably isn't that bad as long as you don't look at it dead-on.

I doubt Punisher is nearly 25" tall either, but that bike looks really awesome, I could see it being almost 25" long. Maybe even longer.

I'm really looking forward to them too. The besta sounds like a perfect idea for me because I could always use extra storage space which that would have. I've thought about pedestals a lot but I'm not going to go that route, they just seem too tippy. And I could even bolt the besta to the wall for extra stability. I don't want to risk those things going over, it would be extremely devastating.

• Thanks
Reactions: STARKILLER 1138

Dude, your wife is awesome! So does that mean you're going to order the XM Fett? It's a cool piece, but feels too comic booky for me...if that makes any sense.

Lol! I guess I don't know the definition of comic booky. To me it looks like a fantastic work of art along the lines of the Mythos stuff and the older dioramas but bigger. I guess I find it strange that not only you guys but others have referred to these XM SW statues as comic booky but I've never once heard it when it came to the Mythos or dio lines.

LMAO! Oh yeah!

My phone won't access that link so I'll have to view when I'm on the computer next. Did Ikea come out with a new Besta?

Lol! I still gotta box up and send you guys stuff too, lol! I probably won't wrap. There are still a couple little things I'm waiting for. Thanks again man for the gift. Super cool!

Yeah, I think her outfit at the end was alot better, but I just feel uninspired by the whole presentation of this 1/4 piece.

Lol! I guess I don't know the definition of comic booky. To me it looks like a fantastic work of art along the lines of the Mythos stuff and the older dioramas but bigger. I guess I find it strange that not only you guys but others have referred to these XM SW statues as comic booky but I've never once heard it when it came to the Mythos or dio lines.

My phone won't access that link so I'll have to view when I'm on the computer next. Did Ikea come out with a new Besta?

Lol! I still gotta box up and send you guys stuff too, lol! I probably won't wrap. There are still a couple little things I'm waiting for. Thanks again man for the gift. Super cool!

Yeah, I think her outfit at the end was alot better, but I just feel uninspired by the whole presentation of this 1/4 piece.

I think it might be the super action pose of Boba, plus all thats going on in that piece thats making people say it looks comic booky. But I can also easily see how this could be compared along with the Mythos line too, since its a very EU type of presentation.

No, its just a boring single height, double besta with doors. I wish ikea would come out with a new bigger besta, and I really wish Ikea would just make the freaking full length door already so I could stop sounding like a broken record :LOL:.

You're very welcome!

Maybe we all are just having the Sideshow blues. We all realize there are such better companies out there and we are all moving on. Finally!

I'm not sure what it is. It's his colors mixed with the smoke/flames or something, like he's too bright. Anyhow I looked up the date when XM announced they got the Star Wars license: May 30, 2015. We are 4 months away from it being two full years with basically nothing to show for it. I guess I shouldn't expect anything from their DC line for a couple of years.

I picked up my Luke yesterday, haven't had a chance to open it yet.

I think it might be the super action pose of Boba, plus all thats going on in that piece thats making people say it looks comic booky. But I can also easily see how this could be compared along with the Mythos line too, since its a very EU type of presentation.

No, its just a boring single height, double besta with doors. I wish ikea would come out with a new bigger besta, and I really wish Ikea would just make the freaking full length door already so I could stop sounding like a broken record :LOL:.

You're very welcome!

Maybe we all are just having the Sideshow blues. We all realize there are such better companies out there and we are all moving on. Finally!

Yeah there are definitely much better companies, but I'm getting a little frustrated with XM's snail pace on their Star Wars license! At least I should be about done with my Marvel collecting by the time they start doing DC and Star Wars stuff so there's a bright side.

I'm going to look around here and see if I can find someone to do full length Besta doors for me. I mean one of the sindvik doors cost $25, how much could it cost to make it 3 times bigger?

I'm not sure what it is. It's his colors mixed with the smoke/flames or something, like he's too bright. Anyhow I looked up the date when XM announced they got the Star Wars license: May 30, 2015. We are 4 months away from it being two full years with basically nothing to show for it. I guess I shouldn't expect anything from their DC line for a couple of years.

Yeah there are definitely much better companies, but I'm getting a little frustrated with XM's snail pace on their Star Wars license! At least I should be about done with my Marvel collecting by the time they start doing DC and Star Wars stuff so there's a bright side.

I'm going to look around here and see if I can find someone to do full length Besta doors for me. I mean one of the sindvik doors cost $25, how much could it cost to make it 3 times bigger?

Have we 100% confirmed that they XM DC stuff is going to be classic DC stuff? And not more New 52 crap or that samurai stuff? I really hope its not more New 52 stuff. Have you seen Prime 1's New 52 Superman? I swear he looks Asian. Its not just me because others have said the same thing. Its kind of interesting because Kotobukiya's New 52 1:10 line looks Asian too. I'm wondering if DC/WB is letting these Asian companies have more artistic freedom for their Asian market. I have a feeling the Prime 1 New 52 Supes wasn't intended to be a big seller in America.

How many more Marvel pieces are you getting from XM?

I've seen some pretty cool custom doors on some of the youtube reviewer channels. They look like they are made out of acrylic though.

You're very welcome!

I couldn't get the XM Boba from my dealer, so I'm going to stick with my current direction. Still have the IS Vader and SS Kylo on order. The ones I want to get are the new Vader, but have a hard time pulling the trigger on it for some reason. Also, I want to get the new SS Maul. The sculpt and app on the proto look phenomenal! However, looking at the Savage paint app, I'm concerned that the new Maul may suffer the same fate or worse. Other than that, I need to find the Maul LSB, and the Ventress 1:1 bust.

I'm done with Bestas too, lol!I'll use what I have but now that I have a cabinet maker local, I'll just go through him.

Yeah, I don't see comic booky at all. Not like how you can see the difference between the comic versions and movie versions of characters from Marvel and DC universe.

Cool man! Open it up! I want to be sure everything arrived ok.

I'm actually ok with the snail pace, but I'd love to see pics at least. I'm pretty sure the max we will be getting a year is one or two pieces from XM. Seems the pieces they are making will be worth the wait.