STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Have we 100% confirmed that they XM DC stuff is going to be classic DC stuff? And not more New 52 crap or that samurai stuff? I really hope its not more New 52 stuff. Have you seen Prime 1's New 52 Superman? I swear he looks Asian. Its not just me because others have said the same thing. Its kind of interesting because Kotobukiya's New 52 1:10 line looks Asian too. I'm wondering if DC/WB is letting these Asian companies have more artistic freedom for their Asian market. I have a feeling the Prime 1 New 52 Supes wasn't intended to be a big seller in America.

How many more Marvel pieces are you getting from XM?

I've seen some pretty cool custom doors on some of the youtube reviewer channels. They look like they are made out of acrylic though.

I don't think I'd care if it's glass or acrylic, they would both do the same job and I think acrylic would be lighter and cheaper.

Yeah the new 52 Superman design was bad and the Prime 1 is not pleasing. I was hoping to like their Green Lantern since his new 52 costume is pretty much the same, but that one is a letdown as well. I'm like 99% sure XM is doing classic DC characters just like their Marvel line.

The only two Marvel pieces I really want from XM right now are Punisher and Kingpin. I may snag Elektra if I can get her cheap, I have a feeling she's not going to be a big seller. We'll see though.

I couldn't get the XM Boba from my dealer, so I'm going to stick with my current direction. Still have the IS Vader and SS Kylo on order. The ones I want to get are the new Vader, but have a hard time pulling the trigger on it for some reason. Also, I want to get the new SS Maul. The sculpt and app on the proto look phenomenal! However, looking at the Savage paint app, I'm concerned that the new Maul may suffer the same fate or worse. Other than that, I need to find the Maul LSB, and the Ventress 1:1 bust.

I'm done with Bestas too, lol!I'll use what I have but now that I have a cabinet maker local, I'll just go through him.

Yeah, I don't see comic booky at all. Not like how you can see the difference between the comic versions and movie versions of characters from Marvel and DC universe.

Cool man! Open it up! I want to be sure everything arrived ok.

I'm actually ok with the snail pace, but I'd love to see pics at least. I'm pretty sure the max we will be getting a year is one or two pieces from XM. Seems the pieces they are making will be worth the wait.

This snail pace is too slow though! Two years man! I didn't realize it had been that long, it's sad that nothing eventful has happened in my life since that was announced, ha ha.

The new Maul better not have paint issues, I have him on order! I didn't realize the Savage had bad paint apps, that's pretty lame.

I will open it tonight or tomorrow! I haven't slept well all week so when I get home at night I can barely muster enough energy to eat dinner. It's been a lame week.

I couldn't get the XM Boba from my dealer, so I'm going to stick with my current direction. Still have the IS Vader and SS Kylo on order. The ones I want to get are the new Vader, but have a hard time pulling the trigger on it for some reason. Also, I want to get the new SS Maul. The sculpt and app on the proto look phenomenal! However, looking at the Savage paint app, I'm concerned that the new Maul may suffer the same fate or worse. Other than that, I need to find the Maul LSB, and the Ventress 1:1 bust.

I'm done with Bestas too, lol!I'll use what I have but now that I have a cabinet maker local, I'll just go through him.

Yeah, I don't see comic booky at all. Not like how you can see the difference between the comic versions and movie versions of characters from Marvel and DC universe.

Cool man! Open it up! I want to be sure everything arrived ok.

I'm actually ok with the snail pace, but I'd love to see pics at least. I'm pretty sure the max we will be getting a year is one or two pieces from XM. Seems the pieces they are making will be worth the wait.

I like the new SS Maul quite a bit. I still can't decide if I want to get it or not though. I'm 50/50 right now. I'm just not sure if SS will be able to deliver a paintjob even as good as their last one, which was pretty good. But as bad as they are at paintjobs today, it seems they are almost as bad at googly eyes. Thats yet another reason I'm hesitant to order anything from them that isn't wearing a helmet. If Prime 1 ever gets Star Wars then I would definitely guarantee that I'd be leaving SS behind for good.

I've seen some awesome custom cabinet creations. If your cabinet guy can manage to make something that will fit the huge XM Grevious that will be really freaking awesome!

I still really want to see the XM SW stuff they've already got coming. If it was Marvel they would have had 10+ characters out so far. I guess it isn't a bad thing since its giving you time to save up at least.

I don't think I'd care if it's glass or acrylic, they would both do the same job and I think acrylic would be lighter and cheaper.

Yeah the new 52 Superman design was bad and the Prime 1 is not pleasing. I was hoping to like their Green Lantern since his new 52 costume is pretty much the same, but that one is a letdown as well. I'm like 99% sure XM is doing classic DC characters just like their Marvel line.

The only two Marvel pieces I really want from XM right now are Punisher and Kingpin. I may snag Elektra if I can get her cheap, I have a feeling she's not going to be a big seller. We'll see though.

This snail pace is too slow though! Two years man! I didn't realize it had been that long, it's sad that nothing eventful has happened in my life since that was announced, ha ha.

The new Maul better not have paint issues, I have him on order! I didn't realize the Savage had bad paint apps, that's pretty lame.

I will open it tonight or tomorrow! I haven't slept well all week so when I get home at night I can barely muster enough energy to eat dinner. It's been a lame week.

Sucks to hear about the Prime 1 New 52 GL. I kind of figured that might have happened though.

I should really message one of those people for measurements and price guesstimates. I'd be fine with acrylic.

XM is so bad with SW, they almost make SS look good :LOL:. Almost.

I like the new SS Maul quite a bit. I still can't decide if I want to get it or not though. I'm 50/50 right now. I'm just not sure if SS will be able to deliver a paintjob even as good as their last one, which was pretty good. But as bad as they are at paintjobs today, it seems they are almost as bad at googly eyes. Thats yet another reason I'm hesitant to order anything from them that isn't wearing a helmet. If Prime 1 ever gets Star Wars then I would definitely guarantee that I'd be leaving SS behind for good.

I've seen some awesome custom cabinet creations. If your cabinet guy can manage to make something that will fit the huge XM Grevious that will be really freaking awesome!

I still really want to see the XM SW stuff they've already got coming. If it was Marvel they would have had 10+ characters out so far. I guess it isn't a bad thing since its giving you time to save up at least.

Sucks to hear about the Prime 1 New 52 GL. I kind of figured that might have happened though.

I should really message one of those people for measurements and price guesstimates. I'd be fine with acrylic.

The Prime 1 GL would be fine, but he's pointing his ring and apparently shooting backwards to make a seat construct. It looks silly.

XM has been way worse with Star Wars so far!

I finally opened Luke, no problems Lou. Although it took me forever to get all the bubble wrap and tape off! Opened my Darkseid too. Pretty cool, but I'll still be watching for a XM version.

OK, cool.

The paint app on the OG Maul is really good and better than what they did with Savage. You do have to be really close to notice the flaws, but I know they are there. They are charging more for Maul than Savage, but no light up feature and just a simple base. And, their paint apps aren't as good as they used to be.

Yeah, I'm ok with it. With giant pieces like Maul and Grievous coming out, if it's the only piece coming out that year, and it's the only piece I buy, I'm cool with that.

This is why SS should have stuck with the Mythos stuff. It allowed them to get sloppy here and there and pass it off as artistic.

The Prime 1 GL would be fine, but he's pointing his ring and apparently shooting backwards to make a seat construct. It looks silly.

I finally opened Luke, no problems Lou. Although it took me forever to get all the bubble wrap and tape off! Opened my Darkseid too. Pretty cool, but I'll still be watching for a XM version.

Lol! I had to be sure man. Wrap the hell out of it and double box. When I shipped the snow trooper in its original Sideshow packaging, it arrived broken to the buyer. I figure with enough bubble wrap, I can drop it off the top of my house and it should land without issue.

I have to take a closer look at the Prime 1 GL, but that sounds really stupid LOL.

So are you keeping your Darkseid for now then?

OK, cool.

The paint app on the OG Maul is really good and better than what they did with Savage. You do have to be really close to notice the flaws, but I know they are there. They are charging more for Maul than Savage, but no light up feature and just a simple base. And, their paint apps aren't as good as they used to be.

Yeah, I'm ok with it. With giant pieces like Maul and Grievous coming out, if it's the only piece coming out that year, and it's the only piece I buy, I'm cool with that.

This is why SS should have stuck with the Mythos stuff. It allowed them to get sloppy here and there and pass it off as artistic.

Yeah, I was actually pretty happy with my original Maul's paintjob. I think I'd have to say its better than most SS pieces I get today. They did finally add a lightup feature to the upcoming Maul, but it sounds like Kylo isn't getting it though, which is kind of disappointing. I really don't care anymore though because I never turn them on anyways.

The Mythos paintjobs were sure sloppier than all of their other stuff, but after awhile it was too sloppy for me. After getting over the wow factor of the awesome sculpts, the crappy paintjobs were just too much for me to accept so I sold them. I actually had like dried paint globs on parts of Maul's outfit o_O.

OK, cool.

I think they actually added the light up feature on to the new Maul. I could be wrong, but pretty sure I saw that. Still don't have one on Kylo though.

Lol! I had to be sure man. Wrap the hell out of it and double box. When I shipped the snow trooper in its original Sideshow packaging, it arrived broken to the buyer. I figure with enough bubble wrap, I can drop it off the top of my house and it should land without issue.

I was almost cursing you out by the end, ha ha. That thing was wrapped extremely well! Yeah the last thing I shipped in Sideshow's packaging also broke. The carrier had to be rough with it though to do the damage they did.

I have to take a closer look at the Prime 1 GL, but that sounds really stupid LOL.

Yeah, I was actually pretty happy with my original Maul's paintjob. I think I'd have to say its better than most SS pieces I get today. They did finally add a lightup feature to the upcoming Maul, but it sounds like Kylo isn't getting it though, which is kind of disappointing. I really don't care anymore though because I never turn them on anyways.

The Mythos paintjobs were sure sloppier than all of their other stuff, but after awhile it was too sloppy for me. After getting over the wow factor of the awesome sculpts, the crappy paintjobs were just too much for me to accept so I sold them. I actually had like dried paint globs on parts of Maul's outfit o_O.

I'll be keeping Darkseid for now. It's a pretty cool statue, I just feel that it was about $100-150 over priced.

Here's an unpainted picture of the Prime 1 Green Lantern. As you can see he's pointing his arm forward like he's in attack mode, but the construct is coming out backwards to form some sort of seat for him...it doesn't make sense.

image_403.jpeg

I think they actually added the light up feature on to the new Maul. I could be wrong, but pretty sure I saw that. Still don't have one on Kylo though.

I was almost cursing you out by the end, ha ha. That thing was wrapped extremely well! Yeah the last thing I shipped in Sideshow's packaging also broke. The carrier had to be rough with it though to do the damage they did.

I'll be keeping Darkseid for now. It's a pretty cool statue, I just feel that it was about $100-150 over priced.

Here's an unpainted picture of the Prime 1 Green Lantern. As you can see he's pointing his arm forward like he's in attack mode, but the construct is coming out backwards to form some sort of seat for him...it doesn't make sense.

image_403.jpeg

OMG that is so stupid! That is seriously on Sideshow's level of stupidity on some of their pieces. Maybe worse. I wonder if he'll end up looking Asian on top of it.

I still can't figure out how SS figured $600 for Darkseid.

My Mythos maul wasn't that bad. It was painted well, but these types of statues allowed painters to screw up and it be just considered stylized. It looks like XM is taking the paint app very serious though.

I don't use the light up feature much either. I'd like to find a paint that you can dip the saber into that would make it looked lit up all the time. Honestly though, If there isn't a light up feature, the statue should be cheaper.

image_403.jpeg

Lmao! I think you'd be cursing me out definitely if it arrived broken, lol!

My Mythos maul wasn't that bad. It was painted well, but these types of statues allowed painters to screw up and it be just considered stylized. It looks like XM is taking the paint app very serious though.

I don't use the light up feature much either. I'd like to find a paint that you can dip the saber into that would make it looked lit up all the time. Honestly though, If there isn't a light up feature, the statue should be cheaper.

Lmao! I think you'd be cursing me out definitely if it arrived broken, lol!

I think my Maul Mythos was painted bad enough where it couldn't be passed off as "stylized" lol. I could see how Vader's extreme orange paintjob was "stylized" though. I think I just got stuck with a really sloppy Maul.

The XM paintjob will more than likely blow every SS SW piece out of the water. That company is really, really good. You definitely get what you pay for. You don't with SS which is why I'm not going to be buying anything else from them anymore. I've given them so much time to turn it around and they just won't. The lifeless bland flesh tones that continue on their production pieces was my last straw.

It will be interesting to see what XM does with their sabers. A couple of their pieces have light up features. I think I'm at a point where I'd rather pay less for something that doesn't light up then pay more for something that does that I'd end up using for 5 minutes.

I think my Maul Mythos was painted bad enough where it couldn't be passed off as "stylized" lol. I could see how Vader's extreme orange paintjob was "stylized" though. I think I just got stuck with a really sloppy Maul.

The XM paintjob will more than likely blow every SS SW piece out of the water. That company is really, really good. You definitely get what you pay for. You don't with SS which is why I'm not going to be buying anything else from them anymore. I've given them so much time to turn it around and they just won't. The lifeless bland flesh tones that continue on their production pieces was my last straw.

It will be interesting to see what XM does with their sabers. A couple of their pieces have light up features. I think I'm at a point where I'd rather pay less for something that doesn't light up then pay more for something that does that I'd end up using for 5 minutes.

Did you see Sideshow's Wonder Woman reveal today? Leg up...check. Likeness off...check. Awkward pose...check.

I just saw SSAlex confirmed on the statue forums that there will be no Justice League DC members going up for order this year and there will be no non Batman villains either. Sideshow is dead to me.

Did you see Sideshow's Wonder Woman reveal today? Leg up...check. Likeness off...check. Awkward pose...check.

I just saw SSAlex confirmed on the statue forums that there will be no Justice League DC members going up for order this year and there will be no non Batman villains either. Sideshow is dead to me.

Bwhaaahaaaa! Its so funny because its so true. And predictable! I'm so done with this company.

Well that really blows. What are they going to do instead? More Spider-Man villains with exploding bases lol.

You should come over to Prime 1, you know you want to :naughty:. I hope they at least get their Jim Lee Supes and Bats up in time for SDCC. I hope they do some Alex Ross and Adam Hughes pieces eventually too. They have a 1:3 Michael Keaton Batman coming too :cool:. Not sure if I'll sell my PF for it yet.

Bwhaaahaaaa! Its so funny because its so true. And predictable! I'm so done with this company.

Well that really blows. What are they going to do instead? More Spider-Man villains with exploding bases lol.

You should come over to Prime 1, you know you want to :naughty:. I hope they at least get their Jim Lee Supes and Bats up in time for SDCC. I hope they do some Alex Ross and Adam Hughes pieces eventually too. They have a 1:3 Michael Keaton Batman coming too :cool:. Not sure if I'll sell my PF for it yet.

I'm guessing they are doing nothing but Batman from this point forward since their Aquaman EX hasn't even sold out still. Maybe they should stop jacking up prices and putting ridiculous ES on everything!

I'm definitely waiting for that Prime 1 Jim Lee Superman! Alex Ross collectibles would be the ultimate, I'd love a Kingdom Come Superman! I'm basically waiting for XM to start churning out DC stuff at this point.

I'm guessing they are doing nothing but Batman from this point forward since their Aquaman EX hasn't even sold out still. Maybe they should stop jacking up prices and putting ridiculous ES on everything!

I'm definitely waiting for that Prime 1 Jim Lee Superman! Alex Ross collectibles would be the ultimate, I'd love a Kingdom Come Superman! I'm basically waiting for XM to start churning out DC stuff at this point.

I guess Batman is the only thing that can sell through their massive ES lol. The ES needs to start going down on their stuff though. I'm not one to complain about an edition size no matter how big or small, because if I like a piece I'll get it regardless, but they are making way too much stuff that they can't sell. Its rare and EX sells out before it ships anymore, and on almost all of their stuff they have to start offering discounts and free shipping on the Reg.

You'll probably have to wait longer on XM's DC stuff than their SW stuff. Have you seen that custom 1:4 Kingdom Come Supes? I don't remember what company is making it or where you can buy it but it looks pretty awesome. SS will probably make him but I'm betting it will just be another variant of their original comic Supes.

I guess Batman is the only thing that can sell through their massive ES lol. The ES needs to start going down on their stuff though. I'm not one to complain about an edition size no matter how big or small, because if I like a piece I'll get it regardless, but they are making way too much stuff that they can't sell. Its rare and EX sells out before it ships anymore, and on almost all of their stuff they have to start offering discounts and free shipping on the Reg.

You'll probably have to wait longer on XM's DC stuff than their SW stuff. Have you seen that custom 1:4 Kingdom Come Supes? I don't remember what company is making it or where you can buy it but it looks pretty awesome. SS will probably make him but I'm betting it will just be another variant of their original comic Supes.

Yeah I saw it, but it's an unpainted kit then I'd have to find someone to paint it for me. It was costly. Well I mentioned something about XM is probably going to take forever on their DC stuff and one of the guys on the statue forum who knows the scoop with XM told me I was going to be wrong with that statement. So maybe there's hope!

The Sideshow ES are crazy. I mean technically their stuff is barely a collectible. If their PFs are available to order for 4-5 years that doesn't qualify as a collectible anymore. Plus they brought their prices up to match XM's, but they don't deliver on the quality or creativity.

Yeah I saw it, but it's an unpainted kit then I'd have to find someone to paint it for me. It was costly. Well I mentioned something about XM is probably going to take forever on their DC stuff and one of the guys on the statue forum who knows the scoop with XM told me I was going to be wrong with that statement. So maybe there's hope!

The Sideshow ES are crazy. I mean technically their stuff is barely a collectible. If their PFs are available to order for 4-5 years that doesn't qualify as a collectible anymore. Plus they brought their prices up to match XM's, but they don't deliver on the quality or creativity.

I didn't realize it was an unpainted kit. Sounds like a pain. The one I saw looked pretty awesome though. Good to hear about XM. Any bets on who the first character they make will be?

Once Darkseid came out at $600 I knew the days of reasonably priced PFs would be over. And now the wallet raping continues with Bane, Venom and Deadpool. I'd be much more eager to try out XM if they were easier to get here. I don't have a connection and if I did I'm still not keen on spending $200+ on shipping. If I end up loving the 1:2 stuff from Prime 1 and if I continue collecting after that I might give Prime 1's cheaper 1:3 line a try, and see if I want to start replacing PFs with those instead. From what I've seen on eBay those don't really hold their value all that well though.

I didn't realize it was an unpainted kit. Sounds like a pain. The one I saw looked pretty awesome though. Good to hear about XM. Any bets on who the first character they make will be?

Once Darkseid came out at $600 I knew the days of reasonably priced PFs would be over. And now the wallet raping continues with Bane, Venom and Deadpool. I'd be much more eager to try out XM if they were easier to get here. I don't have a connection and if I did I'm still not keen on spending $200+ on shipping. If I end up loving the 1:2 stuff from Prime 1 and if I continue collecting after that I might give Prime 1's cheaper 1:3 line a try, and see if I want to start replacing PFs with those instead. From what I've seen on eBay those don't really hold their value all that well though.

Well I'm pretty sure we can agree that it will be either Batman, Joker, or Superman. I would be shocked if they started out with someone else. What's your guess?

I don't feel like anything is holding it's value anymore...the market is close to bursting! That's why it's smart to be really picky and only buy stuff you want to keep. Of course the Star Wars market will never burst, ha ha. There's too many crazy Star Wars fans out there. Speaking of, that JKNO guy is super annoying now that you guys pointed him out. :p

Well I'm pretty sure we can agree that it will be either Batman, Joker, or Superman. I would be shocked if they started out with someone else. What's your guess?

I don't feel like anything is holding it's value anymore...the market is close to bursting! That's why it's smart to be really picky and only buy stuff you want to keep. Of course the Star Wars market will never burst, ha ha. There's too many crazy Star Wars fans out there. Speaking of, that JKNO guy is super annoying now that you guys pointed him out. :p

He is! I barely even go over to the Star Wars parts of the Freaks forums anymore because he just shoves his screen accuracy b.s. down everyone's throats. The other guy I can't stand on there is Ink. He's one of the mods. There are people that clearly support Sideshow quite often, but this dude is a serious Sideshow brown noser like I have never seen before. He will never say anything negative about SS and he thinks everything they put out is the greatest thing ever. And then once someone says something negative about SS the dude just gets so defensive over them. He can not be subjective over anything they produce, and he never once makes a complaint about the price.

Hmm... what Marvel character did XM make first? Magneto? I have a feeling it will be a villain. Probably a Batman villain :p.

He is! I barely even go over to the Star Wars parts of the Freaks forums anymore because he just shoves his screen accuracy b.s. down everyone's throats. The other guy I can't stand on there is Ink. He's one of the mods. There are people that clearly support Sideshow quite often, but this dude is a serious Sideshow brown noser like I have never seen before. He will never say anything negative about SS and he thinks everything they put out is the greatest thing ever. And then once someone says something negative about SS the dude just gets so defensive over them. He can not be subjective over anything they produce, and he never once makes a complaint about the price.

Hmm... what Marvel character did XM make first? Magneto? I have a feeling it will be a villain. Probably a Batman villain :p.

Yes I believe it was Magneto then Wolverine so I'm going to guess Joker then Batman.

Gosh yeah he made this comment over in the statue forum while he was ripping on the Stormtrooper PF: "I guess there are 2 types of reviewers: 1. reviewers who are interested in the minute details compared to regular joe collector, (over) analyzing everything, and 2. the reviewers who have no clue about the thing they are describing, just saying how much he/she likes it, how nice the paint shines in the sun etc. To be honest I prefer the first type of review any day of the week, though the last type come much more often." Obviously he prefers the first type because he's one of them. Seriously does he own any statues because I've never seen him say anything positive?

Darth Maul #1 came out today if you feel like hitting up a comic book store. :) Pretty cool cover...

3983411.jpg

Here's the best variant cover:

3983420.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I believe it was Magneto then Wolverine so I'm going to guess Joker then Batman.

Gosh yeah he made this comment over in the statue forum while he was ripping on the Stormtrooper PF: "I guess there are 2 types of reviewers: 1. reviewers who are interested in the minute details compared to regular joe collector, (over) analyzing everything, and 2. the reviewers who have no clue about the thing they are describing, just saying how much he/she likes it, how nice the paint shines in the sun etc. To be honest I prefer the first type of review any day of the week, though the last type come much more often." Obviously he prefers the first type because he's one of them. Seriously does he own any statues because I've never seen him say anything positive?

Darth Maul #1 came out today if you feel like hitting up a comic book store. :) Pretty cool cover...

3983411.jpg

Here's the best variant cover:

3983420.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm loving that variant cover. Just looked at Midtown comics and its $51 :angry:. I'll more than likely just wait for the TPB anyways.

He owns that Stormtrooper PF! :LOL: He talks so much sh*t about it, but he bought it anyways. I think the only 2 PFs he has are that one and the original Vader PF. He's also got the SS 1:1 Vader bust. With how uptight he is about screen accuracy he barely owns any mass produced stuff. Most of his stuff is custom, or is from super rare companies I've never heard of that cater to that specific type of uptight collector. I would hate to be that nit picky about anything because it just would suck the fun out of this hobby entirely.