泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: June 12, 2017
Pre-order date: May 20, 2017
Purchase link: HDZeta
HDN Group Buys: One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular
Note: WEA steelbook, Full Glossy finish. Extended Cut Version.

SP Full.jpg SP Lenti.jpg SP BabyDoll.jpg SP Boxset.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 3.29.15 PM.png

Sucker-Punch-steelbook-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
Sucker-Punch-steelbook-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
USPS does not show a status yet. Any other site that will show me the status in China? The status on the HDzeta site shows a delivered on the 18th which i think they mean dispatch.

Thanks

I have ordered many times direct and always am able to track on USPS. Perhaps it hasn't started moving yet hence a delay in tracking info. It could also be that the label was printed, tracking added to your account but not yet dropped off to the postal service. I would give it another day or so cos I think other sites would have the same issue if USPS has no info.

The steelbook is ... boring. If I didn't know any better, I couldn't tell whether it's a WEA from a premium retailer or a standard WWA steelbook release. It lacks that bit which sets apart those premiums from the rest.

I felt that with HDZeta's BVS Steelbook, it was rife with embossing potential but it ended up just a plain flat Steelbook with a glossy finish. Not sure what else HDZeta could have done with Sucker Punch though but they definitely haven't reached the heights they did with their WEA Terminator Steelbook

Received my copy of the lenti today :thumbs:

There is really good depth between the girls and the robot and the flames and bullet casings also stand out. 'Extended Cut' and 'Sucker Punch' are embossed on the slip and 'Sucker Punch' on the booklet has a metallic finish in pink. Although I really like the comic con artwork I could only get one copy and I'm very happy with my choice :drool:.

DSCF6406.JPG DSCF6405.JPG

Just noticed that the images shown on their site beauty shot and in the OP for the booklet don't actually appear in the booklet!! Lol

Maybe it is difficult to persuade Warner to approve embossing or debossing.

1. Pacific Rim Blufans
2. Batman V Superman HDZeta
3. L.A Confidential HDZeta
4. Gravity Blufans
5. Sucker Punch HDZeta

6. Mad Max HDZeta

Saying that's mantas man of steel and Constantine got bossing

Correct and the flat ones are from China and the bossed ones from HK.

Having said that I think Lego Movie Blufans was embossed.

Yeah blufans Lego is embossed

Damn you was on to something then lol

Maybe it is difficult to persuade Warner to approve embossing or debossing.

1. Pacific Rim Blufans
2. Batman V Superman HDZeta
3. L.A Confidential HDZeta
4. Gravity Blufans
5. Sucker Punch HDZeta
I've speculated on this before (add Interstellar to that list), but hadn't considered the Blufans titles. I don't think every steelbook needs to feature 'bossing, but even a simple title treatment would go a long way with some of the drabber steels (BvS).

Edit: Blufans Fantastic Beasts will also be embossed, so I suppose we can chalk those older, flat Blufans releases up to simply being their standard for the time.

Upcoming WB titles from HDzeta (Suicide Squad, Argo) look to continue the flat and glossy trend. I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman follows suit. Perhaps leaving the steels flat is 'Zeta's prerogative. They can certainly work wonders with 'bossing when they so choose (Terminator, Gladiator). I for one wouldn't mind seeing them apply those same talents to future releases. :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
With the soft touch velvet finsh like films area use a lot, I personally like it but it's such a fingerprint magnet as you say (same with the FAC slips that feature it)... Worse than some glossy steels. Luckily I find marks rub of easy with a soft t shirt lol so I cleaned mine up and popped it in a polybag. Don't leave any marks etc but you do need to be careful when you do that

Once again, thanks for the hint. For handling fingerprint magnets such as glossy steels and soft touch finished slips, I keep a pair of cotton gloves handy. (Ironically when I opened my SP copy, I didn't think about putting them on. :wacky:) After your post, and before I put it into an SCF4 protective shell (tight fit!), I cautiously rubbed over the areas which got some fine scratches and light fingerprints. It did work, the marks have gone! Looks as good as new again. Thanks, buddy!

Received my copy of the lenti today :thumbs:

Congratulations, the lenticular looks very nice indeed.
One question: They didn't emboss anything on the backside artwork, did they? The blimps and aircraft would have offered good opportunities for some extra 'bossing. HDzeta did some cool embossing on the backsides of their previous releases, most notably on Terminator 3 and Mad Max: Fury Road.

Box has just been picked up?

2017-06-22 18:52

Beijing Hai Hui Temple in Beijing Branch of the regional business centre has a pickup (embrace cast member name: Liu Zeng, Tel: 18310127315)
My boxset had that same status yesterday (2017-06-21 19:05 Beijing time), and has since moved on to "In Beijing, leaving Beijing to London-Heathrow airport hub" today, which makes me wonder if they are actually being shipped in batches not all in one go as it sounded like they had been.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
One question: They didn't emboss anything on the backside artwork, did they?
Sadly no embossing on the back that I can see or feel, although I haven't unsealed my copy yet. A shame really as a bit of embossing to the blimp, and also the larger bi-plane at least, would have added a bit of extra interest ... ah well.

Once again, thanks for the hint. For handling fingerprint magnets such as glossy steels and soft touch finished slips, I keep a pair of cotton gloves handy. (Ironically when I opened my SP copy, I didn't think about putting them on. :wacky:) After your post, and before I put it into an SCF4 protective shell (tight fit!), I cautiously rubbed over the areas which got some fine scratches and light fingerprints. It did work, the marks have gone! Looks as good as new again. Thanks, buddy!

Congratulations, the lenticular looks very nice indeed.
One question: They didn't emboss anything on the backside artwork, did they? The blimps and aircraft would have offered good opportunities for some extra 'bossing. HDzeta did some cool embossing on the backsides of their previous releases, most notably on Terminator 3 and Mad Max: Fury Road.

Glad to hear it worked, I think I'll have to invest in some cotton gloves. All these years of collecting and I still handle stuff with a T shirt over my hands lol

Any idea where I can pick them up? eBay?

• Thanks
Glad to hear it worked, I think I'll have to invest in some cotton gloves. All these years of collecting and I still handle stuff with a T shirt over my hands lol

Any idea where I can pick them up? eBay?

:LOL:
Same here until a few weeks ago! My friends thought I had completely lost it when I picked up a steelbook with the end of my t-shirt. ;) Not that they're any less amused when I put on those "special handling gloves" nowadays. :joy:

I bought them at a regular drug store. But of course you'll also find them on eBay. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I've speculated on this before (add Interstellar to that list), but hadn't considered the Blufans titles. I don't think every steelbook needs to feature 'bossing, but even a simple title treatment would go a long way with some of the drabber steels (BvS).

Edit: Blufans Fantastic Beasts will also be embossed, so I suppose we can chalk those older, flat Blufans releases up to simply being their standard for the time.

Upcoming WB titles from HDzeta (Suicide Squad, Argo) look to continue the flat and glossy trend. I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman follows suit. Perhaps leaving the steels flat is 'Zeta's prerogative. They can certainly work wonders with 'bossing when they so choose (Terminator, Gladiator). I for one wouldn't mind seeing them apply those same talents to future releases. :thumbs:

Just imagine this with the logo and Batman embossed... such a wasted opportunity :(

bvs-steelbook-1-jpg.253929

Reactions: lgans316
Just imagine this with the logo and Batman embossed... such a wasted opportunity :(

bvs-steelbook-1-jpg.253929
It sure was...
If I was responsible for the finish of a steelbook, I will ALWAYS at least deboss/emboss the movie Title! That's what a steelbook is there for, compared to a amaray case, where this is not possible!

• Thanks
Reactions: jammmy
Status
Not open for further replies.