Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (2nd Release) [UK]

Dec 10, 2012
London, UK
Release Date: 08 December 2014
Purchase links:
Zavvi £11.99 In Stock (part of 2 for £18 Steelbooks CODE: STEELBOOK18)
Amazon £21.57 In Stock

11046291-1416921911-127530.jpg

11046291-1416921911-127335.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127521.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127564.jpg

Last edited:
Still no open pics of this?

Probably because no one can seem to get their hands on a copy!!!! :p

I had my copy some time ago, I posted pictures of it sealed at that stage, I decided to open it eventually but unfortunately it had paint chips on the back of it. I sent it back to Zavvi some time ago, I thought someone else would post pics but the supply of this steelbook has been very odd, in bits and pieces. Anyway my replacement arrived today, Zavvi were messing me about with a replacement as usual. I'll post pics if I have time today, I'm sure other ninjas will soon.

Reactions: bd251
Hey! You got something today! Kudos! I solved my DHL problem, so we are both having a better day than we thought!:thumbs: I fully expect Bryan Mills in my mailbox today to top it off!!;)
Thanks. I solved my DHL problem as well (more in the Pacific Rim thread)..

are this photos realistic? looks like a mosaik filter wasd added :D

The colours are a metallic effect on the front and a mist effect in the sky, not easy to take a picture of, you can see more building details in some areas when you change the angle of the steelbook, the image of Liam Neeson and the titles remain visible throughout.

Last edited:
What's with borders on Steelbooks? I'm not anti-borders, but 80-90% of the time they just ruin the artwork or seem really pointless. I mean take this one for example, it's cutting right into Liam Neeson's head! At one point I thought it was a manufacturing thing and Steelbooks that had embossing/debossing had to have a border, but the Universal 100th Anniversary horizontal ones don't have borders. Is there an actual reason for the borders?

Finally mine has dispatched:joy:

The steelbook looks ok but not as good as I thought it would. . If they had of gone for debossed title and gloss it would have been perfect. . But for £15 I'm more than happy to have it in my collection:smug:

Reactions: harry
What's with borders on Steelbooks? I'm not anti-borders, but 80-90% of the time they just ruin the artwork or seem really pointless. I mean take this one for example, it's cutting right into Liam Neeson's head! At one point I thought it was a manufacturing thing and Steelbooks that had embossing/debossing had to have a border, but the Universal 100th Anniversary horizontal ones don't have borders. Is there an actual reason for the borders?

They were debossed (so punched straight into the metal) - when they emboss a title for example they essentially keep the border and deboss everything else apart from the title as they cant create different levels any other way (such as how futurepaks can).

So if its debossed - no border, embossed requires a border

• Informative
Reactions: Futurhythm