Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My order shown in stock end of year.
It will stay like that even when they change the release date
Zavvi don't update estimated dispatch date in your order when they change the release date

Keep an eye on the website listing or this thread for release date updates
When the real release date is known just have funds ready at least 7 days before release date

Reactions: wshine
I love these, perfect for the movie.

Sorry, im little confused.^^
You love these fanartworks or this official artwork?
the official artwork its not perfect for the movie, because the endoskull have this artificial comiclook. Further the primary color sheme that T2 and many promotial material have, is blue.

@Geek Tragedy, why? These artworks are based on the original poster

I do like the lack of "Judgement Day" on the front, I'e always referred to them as T1 & T2 and the "one with the Terminator Tits" so it's consistent. Absolutely love my Kimchi as it was my first but might pick this up after I've seen some photos from fellow ninja's.

Digression: That face is so iconic, I wonder when (not if) we create killer cyborgs they'll use that as a base... it's absolutely ingrained in pop culture and as such fact can echo fiction (if functional).

Sorry, im little confused.^^
You love these fanartworks or this official artwork?
the official artwork its not perfect for the movie, because the endoskull have this artificial comiclook. Further the primary color sheme that T2 and many promotial material have, is blue.

@Geek Tragedy, why? These artworks are based on the original poster

Which have all been used for VHS, DVD, Blu Ray covers already. I buy steelbooks for something unique and different than the run of the mill releases....plus they could do better than those posters IMHO.

Still in the dark regarding title on the spine as Studio Canal unsurprisingly never replied to my email on this matter.
With a 6th July release just around the corner I suppose we'll now have to wait for in-hand photos to be posted to know the situation.
My copy for one is certainly going back if they are moronic enough to leave the title off the spine - by title I mean the FULL title).

Still in the dark regarding title on the spine as Studio Canal unsurprisingly never replied to my email on this matter.
With a 6th July release just around the corner I suppose we'll now have to wait for in-hand photos to be posted to know the situation.
My copy for one is certainly going back if they are moronic enough to leave the title off the spine - by title I mean the FULL title).
I'm 99% sure it will have a title on the spine and also the company logo
The recent Big Blue Steelbook the mock up artwork had no title on the spine but the actual Steelbook did have the title

I never ever go by mock up photos on a website no matter what is shown

I have seen lots of releases were the actual product artwork is different completely to mock up photos or it has details not shown in a mock up photo

The only way you can be sure what a release looks like is when it has been released officially and in hand photos and better a video

Even some sample steelbook released to retailers the actual final product can be different or have details not shown previously

Regardless if this has a title on the spine or not this might be end up been a nice looking Steelbook in hand
I'm sure it will be a gloss finish
I would though like to see studiocancal use some embossing or debossing on some of their releases
They did embossing on Withnail and I and it looked great

The terminator teeth and eyes embossed/Debossed would look cool and the eyes light up

Last edited:
Which have all been used for VHS, DVD, Blu Ray covers already. I buy steelbooks for something unique and different than the run of the mill releases....plus they could do better than those posters IMHO.

Maybe something like the front of the just released AUSTIN POWERS steelbook which I'm sure you would agree is different (and dare I say unique) compared to what else is out there?
You may or may not like it but you can't say that it's not different or expected artwork.
If anyone knows if this AUSTIN POWERS image is from an original poster (like 'Saw' and others) please advise.Thanks in advance for any information on the source of the AUSTIN POWERS steelbook front cover design as I can't find anything remotely similar.

Last edited:
And there it is. Blank spine as many suspected and no inside art. Pics courtesy of dvd-forum.

DSC09276.JPG

DSC09278.JPG

DSC09279.JPG

DSC09281.JPG

DSC09283.JPG
That's the German release not the UK release it could have slight differences for the UK release but could of course end up been the same

The UK version is out on 6th of July so we don't have long wait to find out if there will be any differences

Last edited:
If the UK steelbook is the same as the German Steelbook then yes it will have no title on the spine or inside artwork
But its possible the UK might have some differences we wont have long to wait to find out

that's the same thing i said about the ex_machina steelbook where everybody was saying "don't worry people, german steelbook will be EXACTLY the same". ;)
fact is, we only know when it's out / when we have it in hand (or on pics).

Wow...so I kinda feared the blank spine...but no inside art aswell? This has to be one of the laziest steelbook designs so far this year. Really just shows them wanting to push this out to coincide with new movie.

i-am-disappointed.jpg

Reactions: luke98 and cooey
So, if it turns out that the pictures on the Zavvi website are representative of the final product and there is no title on the spine - which is now looking quite likely - will I be eligible for a refund? Because I don't want this without a title on the spine. Maybe I should cancel!