USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is safe to say it is the worst Steelbook of the year so far. The front and back artwork is bad and no inside artwork or title on the spine is unforgivable. It looks like it has no embossing either which makes little sense considering the design. It is just a complete disaster.

Prize goes to this for the most moddable steelbook.

This is screaming out for a clear slip cover to be made - Title down the side, glow in the dark red eyes on the front and maybe a "Judgement Day" plastered across the T2 on the back.

No further comment until I have it in-hand except to say that if it replicates that German monstrosity it's going straight back for a refund !
Well, under what reason for the return ?, if it does turn out to be like the German release,and it is highly likely, then it pretty much looks like the mockups on zavvis site, so it looks identical. I'd cancel now rather than wait for the monstrosity to arrive...:thumbs:

As for my impressions of this, and referring to the German pics, It's no surprise, but on the one hand I'm disappointed about the spine and lack of inside art, but on the other, I'm surprised they went to the effort to give it spot glossing on the front and back.

I'll probably keep this, if only to make a matching set with the first Terminator.

Overall, I'm disappointed but not at all surprised, as it looks like were getting exactly what zavvi have advertised....:dunno:

My old Skynet edition steelbook is much better, and that has a spine slash, and I'm keeping that as well.

Last edited:
The kimchi one IS and will STILL be the best. Don't retailers realise unless they can top a previous design it's not even worthwhile making it !?

Well, under what reason for the return ?, if it does turn out to be like the German release,and it is highly likely, then it pretty much looks like the mockups on zavvis site, so it looks identical. I'd cancel now rather than wait for the monstrosity to arrive...:thumbs:

As for my impressions of this, and referring to the German pics, It's no surprise, but on the one hand I'm disappointed about the spine and lack of inside art, but on the other, I'm surprised they went to the effort to give it spot glossing on the front and back.

I'll probably keep this, if only to make a matching set with the first Terminator.

Overall, I'm disappointed but not at all surprised, as it looks like were getting exactly what zavvi have advertised....:dunno:

Reason for return is as stated in my early posts which were to the effect that I didn't believe that the actual steelbook would be a replica of the mock-up without the film's full title on the spine and if it was like that it would be going straight back no matter how much I liked the image or how glossy or how embossed/debossed it is and, yes, I know the Zavvi mock-up looks just like the German steelbook. . .

I will not buy this and 'Mocking Jay: Part 1' as neither has the film's title on the spine (although I've seen pictures of 'MJ1' with its title on the spine matching the other two so it's clear that titles can be made up after the manufacturing process).

As I believed the 'MJ1' spine was a manufacturing error I didn't believe it possible that the same thing would happen again especially with such an important film as 'T2' - Who gives a stuff about 'MJ1' but 'T2' that's a different matter!

I didn't believe it was possible that a film as special as 'T2' would be treated with such a lack of respect by the company in that they would produce a steelbook for it without the title on the spine although this does suggest that the 'MJ1' title-less spine was deliberate and not a cock-up.
Anyway, shame on you, Studio Canal if this is true.
However, I still won't believe it, despite evidence to the contrary, until I have my copy in front of me as we all know that images can be manipulated.