USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the spot gloss on the back, for some reason it reminds me of HMV Drive. It's not bad for say £7, but £18 and no interior artwork - I'm speechless.

It's still better than 'The Imitation Game' also by Studio Canal IMO.

It's only to give an idea, a lot of Steelbooks are the same for different countries. Zavvi one may be the same or may be slightly different.
But there is no pics in the German thread at all. Surely, that's the first place it should have been put and speculate from there?

People are cancelling their Zavvi orders left, right and center since this was posted in this thread......

No title on the spine of this? Don't believe it for a second.

if done properly, this is potentially a winner and one of the best steelbooks of the year so far. Looks like they've gone the extra mile on this compared to 1 and 3

'JUDGEMENT DAY' will indubitably be on the spine.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. We'll just have to wait and see won't we?

No need to be obtuse. These are what we call mock-ups and are NOT pictures of the actual steelbook...The idea of no spine titles is as absurd and ridiculous as you can get and I don't believe for a second they would try it on with this little beauty.

200.gif

But there is no pics in the German thread at all. Surely, that's the first place it should have been put and speculate from there?

People are cancelling their Zavvi orders left, right and center since this was posted in this thread......
There will always be speculation until the final steelbook is received. These pictures may be of the final version or they may not be. It's up to people whether they decide to cancel or not. Most people will wait till the art is confirmed. I have moved the pics to the German steelbook thread for now.

Now that's a surprise - amazed you took so long to remind me of my early posts. . .

Thank you for that, though you may notice that I haven't forgotten and my post number 392 will show that.

If this does indeed turn out to be a replica of the German steelbook then an apology will be in order but you'll have to wait until I have my copy in front of me, if you don't mind!

It should be remembered that IF we get the spine without the film's title it will only be the 7TH OUT OF 700 STEELBOOKS released in the U.K. like that - that's 1% !

Based on the images kindly provided of the German 'T2' all I can think is that this cheapo release has been rushed out as a cash-in because of the new Terminator film due for release in the first week of July and that all corners than can be cut have been cut - no inside art and no title on the spine - and that a proper respectful steelbook will follow next year on the 25 TH ANNIVERSARY of the film.

If this release from StudioCanal has as what looks like now no title on the spine but still not 100% confirmed for the UK version

It will be first ever StudioCanal UK release and German release not to have a title on the spine and also even more strange no StudioCanal Logo on the steelbook itself

The lack of StudioCanal Logo is very strange considering every other UK release had the logo on the steelbook spine and the German releases they always had it on the back of the steelbook itself as well as the jcard
Only the Jcard in the photo shows the StudioCanal Logo

Not one previous UK StudioCanal release did not have the logo or title on the spine

If its a rushed release its a shame they should have done it right

Last edited:
On the other hand, and in the unlikely event this release could be delayed, Studio Canal could maybe release this next year as a 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION with lots of embossing to the front image (which is a good strong image and much better than the previous U.K. front image IMO) debossed front title, appropriate inside artwork, FULL TITLE ON THE SPINE, limited edition art cards and most importantly a 4k remastered disc.

As it stands today I'm really p - - - - - off by the possibility that ours will look exactly the same as the German and if money wasn't an issue and I didn't have to send it back as 'not wanted', if I still had the big garden and if my airguns were all not in storage I'd do a Grindhouse on its ass.

Last edited:
If 6th of July is staying as the release date we should see Debit/Credit Cards been charged around 30th of June to Monday 6th July
and orders shipped during that period

I'm still keeping my order but I will be disappointed like most for not having a title on the spine and no inside artwork if that's what we are getting in the UK

The Spot Gloss finish shown on the German Steelbook I like the look of it

As soon as I get delivery the first thing beside looking at the spine I will be doing is looking at the details on the Jcard and testing out the Blu-ray Disc to see what version it is

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I'm still keeping my order but I will be disappointed like most for not having a title on the spine and no inside artwork if that's what we are getting in the UK

And I'm disappointed in you Paul for ordering so many steelbooks with lazy/poor designs recently ;):p

Don't reward these people with actual sales! Fight the addiction mate ;)

Now that's a surprise - amazed you took so long to remind me of my early posts. . .

Thank you for that, though you may notice that I haven't forgotten and my post number 392 will show that.

If this does indeed turn out to be a replica of the German steelbook then an apology will be in order but you'll have to wait until I have my copy in front of me, if you don't mind!

I saw your post but I couldn't resist, considering how absolutely certain (and rude) you were.

And I'm disappointed in you Paul for ordering so many steelbooks with lazy/poor designs recently ;):p

Don't reward these people with actual sales! Fight the addiction mate ;)
:LOL:
Its Terminator I'm a big fan of the films and a collector of different releases so I was always going to get this and if Film Arena also do a release I will get that as well

When I get this I will tag you to look at the Photos I will post :rofl:

Reactions: ChrisIW
I saw your post but I couldn't resist, considering how absolutely certain (and rude) you were.

Point taken.

Yup, reading those old posts I was pretty sure, wasn't I?

. . . And I still can't quite believe that we are maybe going to receive what looks like an UNFINISHED steelbook for one of the very best films of our times.

I can see no justification for leaving the title off the spine and if anybody knows why this has happened - on the German steelbook at least - I'd really like to know because I can't fathom it.

- Is there a big cost saving?

- If this was rushed to coincide with the new Terminator film in cinemas shortly, is the putting of the title on the spine (and the internal artwork) at the end of the manufacturing process?

I believe the original release date was much later than the first week of July though that Dec, 2015 might just have been a 'placeholder date'.

- Is it a studio matter - uncertainty as to which studio's logo will go on the steel (Studio Canal or Sony) which may possibly have an effect on the title on the spine?

- Was the title left off the spine on 'Mocking Jay: Part 1' deliberately or was it a mistake too late to rectify?

There must be a reason . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut