USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They've already tried that, anyone remember the UK Fast & Furious 1-4 jumbo steelbook?

Yes, I remember and I've just had a look at my copy.
That at least had the title on the spine.
Even though it had no front artwork on the metal the full design was on the clear plastic slipcover.

I don't think blank spines should be tolerated under ANY circumstances. We already have to do our own glossing to many of the steelbooks that come out, so having to make our own spines is a giant step too far. Before long we'll be counting ourselves lucky that they even bother to put any art on the front.

I also notice that this cost saving doesn't get passed on to the customer...

I think you misunderstand me as my feelings about a blank spine have been made ABUNDANTLY CLEAR on this thread.

I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL HAVE A BLANK SPINE AND HAVE NOT CANCELLED MY PRE-ORDER BECAUSE OF THIS BELIEF.

Regarding the Arrow style slipcover: I was just thinking of a way to make this release ACCEPTABLE to me and stop me returning it because of the blank UNFINISHED spine - I have no problem with anything else about this steelbook apart from the spine.
Cost of slipcovers . . . pennies? For GBP 18 not too much to ask, surely?

Regarding glossing your own steelbooks: I have no knowledge of that and I'm sure there are many who don't object to matte steelbooks in general and who are happy with the variety of finishes that we have.

I certainly don't believe that every steelbook should have a gloss finish although there are certain famous examples that would have looked much better had they been glossed - two off the top of my head: (1) WALL.E Blufans and (2) TERMINATOR 2 Best Buy.

Other steelbooks look as good as they can be with a matte finish and spot glossing in selective areas IMO.

I think you misunderstand me as my feelings about a blank spine have been made ABUNDANTLY CLEAR on this thread.

I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL HAVE A BLANK SPINE AND HAVE NOT CANCELLED MY PRE-ORDER BECAUSE OF THIS BELIEF.

Regarding the Arrow style slipcover: I was just thinking of a way to make this release ACCEPTABLE to me and stop me returning it because of the blank UNFINISHED spine - I have no problem with anything else about this steelbook apart from the spine.
Cost of slipcovers . . . pennies? For GBP 18 not too much to ask, surely?

Regarding glossing your own steelbooks: I have no knowledge of that and I'm sure there are many who don't object to matte steelbooks in general and who are happy with the variety of finishes that we have.

I certainly don't believe that every steelbook should have a gloss finish although there are certain famous examples that would have looked much better had they been glossed - two off the top of my head: (1) WALL.E Blufans and (2) TERMINATOR 2 Best Buy.

Other steelbooks look as good as they can be with a matte finish and spot glossing in selective areas IMO.

Woah....ok mate I wasn't saying you were advocating blank spines. I didn't even say your slip case idea was bad, but that I don't think we should have to compromise by having this instead of a proper spine. Personally I like my steels all naked and shiny...;)

Reactions: lolwut
Woah....ok mate I wasn't saying you were advocating blank spines. I didn't even say your slip case idea was bad, but that I don't think we should have to compromise by having this instead of a proper spine. Personally I like my steels all naked and shiny...;)
:giggle: The Spine on the German one is completely naked that should suit you then :rofl:

Only messing with you bit of fun

Reactions: ChrisIW
Surely this blank spine thing isn't really cost saving from a production perspective, because the picture shows it's coloured black - it's not like they've just left bare plastic spine, they've just consciously made the decision to paint it black and not have a title on it. Maybe it's a glossy black title like the rear 'T2' and we just can't see it in the pics!! I'm so conflicted with this and whether I should cancel

I'm still yet to receive notification that mines been dispatched. From what I understand, Zavvi are having stock issues but they can provide bulk buyers with 19 copies to flog on eBay but not my 1 copy to add to my collection? Somethings no right here....

Reactions: Flash
I'm still yet to receive notification that mines been dispatched. From what I understand, Zavvi are having stock issues but they can provide bulk buyers with 19 copies to flog on eBay but not my 1 copy to add to my collection? Somethings no right here....

You don't need to concern yourself as the release date is not until the 6th July and nobody here has received dispatch confirmation, myself included, and if anybody had this would be the first place that information would be posted.

Regarding the auction site U.K. 'T2' listings I think you'll find that all (except for one suspicious listing) has this down for pre-order with mention that the steelbook will be posted out on or around the 6th.

Anybody that has the U.K. 'T2' steelbook in hand now I'd venture to say that they are blowing smoke up - - - - - - - - !

You don't need to concern yourself as the release date is not until the 6th July and nobody here has received dispatch confirmation, myself included, and if anybody had this would be the first place that information would be posted.

Regarding the auction site U.K. 'T2' listings I think you'll find that all (except for one suspicious listing) has this down for pre-order with mention that the steelbook will be posted out on or around the 6th.

Anybody that has the U.K. 'T2' steelbook in hand now I'd venture to say that they are blowing smoke up - - - - - - - - !
Cheers mate. I just keep receiving order updates from Zavvi saying "they're aware my item has yet to be dispatched...blah blah blah" so that's where the confusion has come in my friend.

• Helpful Post
In hand pics of the German 'T2' steelbook show absolutely nothing on the spine - no title, no Blu-ray logo and no studio logo - IF this is a replica of the U.K. steelbook it is exactly the same as the Zavvi mock-up and 99% of members here were correct in their belief that it would be so.
Surprised however not to see any dispatch notifications as this thing is apparently released in three days . . .
Also another good reason to return it: "Send it back to factory and finish off the spine!'

Last edited:
Live again to pre-order at the time of writing.

Release date for this according to Amazon marketplace seller is 25th July which I've just checked is the week-end, so maybe not . . .

Delay would be good, however, as it would give them time to start and finish the spine and ensure that all details that should be on the spine are on the spine ;)

Anyone know the print run for this as I've just read it's 4,000 (?) for the German plus 2,000 for the U.K. . . . ?

Live again to pre-order at the time of writing.

Release date for this according to Amazon marketplace seller is 25th July which I've just checked is the week-end, so maybe not . . .

Delay would be good, however, as it would give them time to start and finish the spine and ensure that all details that should be on the spine are on the spine ;)

Anyone know the print run for this as I've just read it's 4,000 (?) for the German plus 2,000 for the U.K. . . . ?
Its not known what the German Print run is and previous UK StudioCanal releases were 2,000 even when there was no other countries releases

Lets wait and see what we are getting its most likely the exact same but until then all of us are just guessing and assuming based on the artwork Zavvi have on their website
I know one fact the Disc itself will be different as the German one don't have the UK/Ireland ratings logos
If the steelbook turns out to be exactly as the German steelbook its not going to change anything

I'm keeping my order anyway and if its turns out different in some way that's better then that a gain
If its as expected the same then its not going to be a surprise or unexpected

Im not gonna touch this piece of turd. ****** front artwork. No spine. No full title of the movie. Not even inside artwork! Cant believe people actually buy this crap along with so many other movies that get really ****** steel treatment :/
But hey, let the studios think were ok with it so we can enjoy even more sheit in the future :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Im not gonna touch this piece of turd. ****** front artwork. No spine. No full title of the movie. Not even inside artwork! Cant believe people actually buy this crap along with so many other movies that get really ****** steel treatment :/
But hey, let the studios think were ok with it so we can enjoy even more sheit in the future :)
That's based on that the UK steelbook will be the exact same as the German steelbook
Its most likely that's what will happen but no one has seen the UK steelbook yet as it has not been shipped to any customers yet

Apologies in advance to those of a nervous disposition.
"Why are we waiting?" sung to "Oh, Come All Ye Faithful"
Why are we waiting?
Could be mas - - - - ating,
Oh, why are we waiting,
So f - - - ing long

Why are we waiting,
Could be for - - - - ting,
Oh, why are we waiting?
Oh, why are we waiting?
Oh, why are we waiting,
So fu - - ing long