Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (live)
Price: £14.99

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
..... a July release. I wonder if the 2nd one will be put back as well

The 27th July release date is a case of Sony's marketing team employing a gimmick.

In T2, Judgement Day was the 29th August 1997. However, due to the destruction of Cyberdyne's premises in that film, the timeline was altered and Judgement Day was averted, at least temporarily.

In T3, Judgement Day, deemed inevitable, ultimately takes place on the 25th July 2004. Hence the release date of the 27th July 2015, ie the Monday closest to its anniversary!

It's probably a case of Sony being too clever for its own good since the significance of the date will probably be lost on most people, due to T3 not having the acclaim or love of its two predecessors. It might be a case where bringing the release date forward to the beginning of July, to cash in on the theatrical release of Genisys, might actually generate more sales for them.

The Terminator franchise began and ended for me with Cameron.

Only reason I saw this was Danes and Loken, and the only reason I'll see the new one is Miss Clarke.

Pass on this. Will await Filmarena announcing their version which will hopefully place heavier emphasis on Lokens Terminator than Arnie otherwise pass on that too!

The 27th July release date is a case of Sony's marketing team employing a gimmick.

In T2, Judgement Day was the 29th August 1997. However, due to the destruction of Cyberdyne's premises in that film, the timeline was altered and Judgement Day was averted, at least temporarily.

In T3, Judgement Day, deemed inevitable, ultimately takes place on the 25th July 2004. Hence the release date of the 27th July 2015, ie the Monday closest to its anniversary!

It's probably a case of Sony being too clever for its own good since the significance of the date will probably be lost on most people, due to T3 not having the acclaim or love of its two predecessors. It might be a case where bringing the release date forward to the beginning of July, to cash in on the theatrical release of Genisys, might actually generate more sales for them.

I really think you're giving these people too much credit, I imagine the date is more to do with maximising profits by releasing close to the release of the new film (which is probably why there are so many Terminator steels coming out at the moment).