The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)(EMBOSS) [Canada]

Release date: August 19th, 2014
Purchase link: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Price: 26.99$ +tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 6,000
Region: A,B,C (Region Free)

Artwork:
Finish:
Silk
Emboss: Eye on the front is embossed
M2206811.jpg

inside-png.71773

Video presentation:
Via INSTAGRAM

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited:
Now if they made all the black webbing embossed, not just the eye, now THAT would be awesome! :scat: They should definitely reconsider the inside art though, so boring at the mo!

100% agree. Emboss all the webbing and it would vastly improve it! :scat:

The problem is that it would end up looking like the Czech edition of The Wolf of Wall Street because the embossing can't go to the edges of the Steelbook (or border if there is one). The best thing they could do spot gloss the web.

Reactions: psychoscot
They should spend the extra money and really make this one pop!!! I want crazy embossing and extra super duper quality paint and finish. They could make this one of the best looking steels ever if they spent an extra $1. They could charge us an extra $5 and I would gladly pay.

Just look at that eye!!! If they go Uber quality paint job and gloss it could be stunning!!!

And of course emboss that webbing!!!

Lovin' the front and the back but not so crazy at all about inside art... I believe there're tons of cool artworks for this movie.... sometimes just don't know what happen with one who's in charge doing this kind of artwork... it seemed they never get it right...

They should have gone with one of the movie posters, too much focus on Electro, would have been nice to include Gwen Stacy and Green Goblin too as a main focus. Looks odd the way Electro has a open mouth too, is he drooling over Spider-Man or scared? They could have picked something better and different for the inside, have to say The Amazing Spiderman steelbook makes this one look inferior. Hope they get the finish right with this one at least.

Reactions: psychoscot
Think this is exclusive to Canada through FutureShop. Could be a BestBuy exclusive in US and so on in different countries with slight modifications.

This goes well with the US steelbook release of the first movie not so well with the Canadian (World wide release).

i dont hate this art, but i'm not exactly blown away either .....but the biggest thing holding back any excitement for this release is how lame the 1st movie was :movie:

....reprints of the 1st steelbook also kill any possible excitement ....in the UK i bet it will be same art, and have a huge run, meaning if i can be assed i might pick 1 up in a sale...

However,
if it turns out to have a gloss finish, my enthusiasm is sure to increase quite substantially i think ;) :)

Don't believe there is a black border, zerox39 posted this picture (it's in the OP as well)

attachment.php

I certainly hope not. I may cancel my order if it has the black border, and without question will if the steel turns out to be bilingual on the front and/or spine.

Last edited by a moderator: