The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,436
Last edited:
Just been into local hmv (solihull) on the way to watch xmen (yay) asked about spiderman, bloke seemed fairly knowledgable and couldn't find anything about it, and said that if it was going to be released he would of heard about it by now, he suggested to keep an eye on the zavvi website, so doesn't look too hopeful

LOL, was just in there myself, and yep same story, no listing on their system for this!

Strange,... i spoke to the lady i spoke to a few days ago and its gone from her system too, no idea what is going on here. May as well lock the thread untill we have any offical confirmation, Hmv really got my hopes up....

That's a shame, I really would have liked a hmv exclusive for this :(

Wish HMV knew. I seem to remember seeing something on HMV facebook saying: Amazing spider man 2 uk release confirmed as 9th sept....with a banner pic saying keep checking back for exclusive spidey stuff to be announced soon. This has now disappeared from the page so whether they are no longer doing it is a mystery. Seems strange that X-men DOFP within 24hrs before its release in cinemas was announced but no spider-man......(sigh really dont want to have to order a german one when HMV had the first as an exclusive in the uk).

Why can't they just say even if HMV don't do it someone has to it's like a law for superheros films to have steelbooks.

Wish HMV knew. I seem to remember seeing something on HMV facebook saying: Amazing spider man 2 uk release confirmed as 9th sept....with a banner pic saying keep checking back for exclusive spidey stuff to be announced soon. This has now disappeared from the page so whether they are no longer doing it is a mystery

It's still on there

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure a announcement is due, it can not be coincedence that it was listed on there system, and they didnt say no when the PM'd me back ;)

Last edited:
One thing to bear in mind they've already announced a DOFP HMV exclusive steel book for release in Novemeber or 5 months away, September is only 3 months away you would have thought they would have announced it by now but the delay might be Sony (or negations with them).

.........but what if???

Maybe the reason for all the cloak and dagger is because there is something ultra exclusive waiting to be finalised??

Steelbook of spiderman 2 :thumbs:
PLUS
a double steelbook of Spiderman 1 and 2? EEK!
PLUS
a limited edition display head/ model/ diorama/ severed finger or something of that ilk? :drool:
All exclusive to HMV.:scat:

Yeah, I know, the truth is probably nowhere near that elaborate or exciting.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :movie:

If they were looking for exclusive art then it would explain the delay. But then again, you can only buy it in-store and it's not out til Sept so maybe their focus is elsewhere for the time being. Until they actually get a mock-up I guess there's not a lot of info for them to share.

Just a quick update (or non-update)

Went into the HMV in Plymouth and asked about this, I had TWO members of staff at my disposal and the response was that only the amaray is on the system right now.

Also, does anyone else get a puzzled look when you say 'amaray' to the bods in HMV?

Just a quick update (or non-update)

Went into the HMV in Plymouth and asked about this, I had TWO members of staff at my disposal and the response was that only the amaray is on the system right now.

Also, does anyone else get a puzzled look when you say 'amaray' to the bods in HMV?

lol yep they always look at me like im crazy when i ask for a "amaray"