The Avengers (Best Buy Exclusive w/ Lighted Litho Case + More) [USA/Canada]

Will you attend midnight opening to try to purchase this Avengers set?

• Wouldn't miss it-gotta have it!

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • No-no interest!

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • If I am awake!

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Nope, sleeping in!

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • We'll see...

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Hoping to get one from a friend

Votes: 6 15.0%

• No-no interest!

• If I am awake!

• Nope, sleeping in!

• We'll see...

• No-no interest!

• If I am awake!

• Nope, sleeping in!

• We'll see...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
Visit the HDN group buy, hosted by CyberAthlete, here.

View attachment 16018

Thanks to RipleyLV426 over @ BR Forums.

So heres all the details on the avengers:
Exclusive includes;
°3d bluray combo
°$30 sideshow collectables giftcard
°Marvels "The Avengers"guide
°Lighted lithograph case and card
°Marvels "The Avengers" music download

Minimum of 5 per store.

$10 off Licensed Merchandise with purchase of bluray including: shirts, logo earbuds and iphone marvel theme cases.

And thanks to quikblend for the T-shirt pic. And additional info.
SKU for BB collectors is 6571643 price as of now shows full at 69.99

Thanks Cyberathlete

20120924_231752.jpg

OFFICIAL PICTURES:

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-2.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-2.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-3.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-4.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-5.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-6.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-7.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-9.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-10.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-11.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-13.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-16.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-18.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-19.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-20.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-23.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-25.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-26.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-27.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-29.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-24.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-28.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-30.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-31.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-32.jpg

2012-09-25-Avengers-BBuy-Exclusive-Set-33.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347763285180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347763285180.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
Just have to post that the illuminated 3D lenticular case is pretty darn cool. I was fortunate to be given a sneak peek at my favorite BB store last night and I was initially intrigued but then as you move the box around, the back lighting created a sense of the third dimension. I can see future box sets having this new illuminated 3D lenticular box cover. But note that Best Buy did it first with the Avengers!

If you check out the link, not all stores are having the midnight opening. Only 5 stores in my state are doing it. This may be more difficult to get than you think.

There is a big problem for midnight releases - World Of Warcraft goes with it.. thus may increase odds of getting it while competing with WOW consumers (who might be more early than those who will buy Avengers)

But stores that won't do midnight releases are sure to get these? Has it been mentioned that they will carry a limited amount for Tuesday release?

Posted from My Chingon Cell \m/ (>_

Are you effin kiddin me. WoW Mists of Pandoria comes out tomorrow as well? Hopefully these folks go to gamestop to get their copies...with only 5 bestbuys doing a midnight sale in IL and the closest one to me being 40 minutes away, wish me luck!

Reactions: tridon
Are you effin kiddin me. WoW Mists of Pandoria comes out tomorrow as well? Hopefully these folks go to gamestop to get their copies...with only 5 bestbuys doing a midnight sale in IL and the closest one to me being 40 minutes away, wish me luck!

No need to freak out Cyber, the other stores will carry them too but only for sale during regular hours on Tuesday morning :D

Reactions: sutti69
Mmmm i'm 110% sure that gamers can/will buy WoW:MoP at the midnight launch. I've done this before with movies that are coming out at the same time as the midnight launches for video games. I end up buying all the Tuesday releases at midnight.

oh well...if i were just looking to get 1 copy it'd be a different story, but i have to get 6 at least...that's the thing. Thanks though. Will provide live updates.

I usually don't do these midnight opening type things... How early do people start lining up? I was thinking of getting there at 11 but starting to think I should go earlier...

If you go to a store that isn't participating in the midnight release party you should be able to get it tomorrow morning, right?

Also, I wonder if these will sell out quickly. I keep thinking of the Hunger Games box set exclusive. Those are still available in stores today.

Hunger games was not that good of a movie IMO and demographics would suggest that most fans of Hunger Games probably aren't BR enthusiasts who have to buy this movie on release day. Especially those who have read the books and didn't think the movie lived up to the book.

Avengers is a different beast in a different league altogether. Estimates suggest this blu-ray is set to shatter all BR sales records. And i'm not sure how many sets Best Buy will be getting. I don't want to take a chance and lose out on it. Like I said if I was only buying one, it wouldn't matter, I'll wait until the morning, but I have to get 6...for a GB, now closed.

I totally agree with you. I was soooo disappointed after watching Hunger Games. Good luck with the group buy. :)

Hunger games was not that good of a movie IMO and demographics would suggest that most fans of Hunger Games probably aren't BR enthusiasts who have to buy this movie on release day. Especially those who have read the books and didn't think the movie lived up to the book.

Avengers is a different beast in a different league altogether. Estimates suggest this blu-ray is set to shatter all BR sales records. And i'm not sure how many sets Best Buy will be getting. I don't want to take a chance and lose out on it. Like I said if I was only buying one, it wouldn't matter, I'll wait until the morning, but I have to get 6...for a GB, now closed.

As mentioned in the OP, each store will have a minimum of 5 sets. Using the SKU posted by Tbryson, I surveyed 3 stores closest to me and each of them has in their store at least 10 sets and none of the three is running a midnight opening.

But I agree, this is a different beast than Hunger Games and is looking to break Blu-ray sales record perhaps until TDKR comes out :p