The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - In theaters December 14, 2012

Apr 2, 2009
From IMDB:
A younger and more reluctant Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, sets out on a "unexpected journey" to the Lonely Mountain with a spirited group of Dwarves to reclaim a their stolen mountain home from a dragon named Smaug.
With: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving, Elijah Wood, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Andy Serkis, Richard Armitage and much much more...

Trailer:
[media=youtube]G0k3kHtyoqc[/media]

Old post:
In an article at Variety talking about New Line Cinema, which two years ago became a unit under Warner Bros.Pictures, studio executive Alan Horn reveals that the first of the two Hobbit films may not hit theaters until late 2012, a full year after the previously-announced December 2011 release:

Once the script for the second film is in -- Jackson and his longtime collaborators Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens are working on it with Del Toro -- New Line will work up a budget for both films and start casting. New Line exec Michael Disco, who was once Emmerich's assistant, will oversee for the studio.

Horn won't predict when the first of the two "Hobbit" films will be out, but says the most probable scenario would be a release in the fourth quarter of 2012.

"It's a big bet for us. But it's one we think will pay off given the success of 'Lord of the Rings,'" says Emmerich. "This is one of the few movies it feels like people are waiting for."

New Line's original plan was to release the first film in December 2011, followed by the second one in December 2012. One reason for the delay may be the restructuring of MGM, which shares the financing rights with New Line for the "Hobbit" films. MGM is currently accepting bids for the studio and those rights may go to another studio (Warner Bros. is said to be one of the bidders).
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62637

Attachments

• THE-HOBBIT-AN-UNEXPECTED-JOURNEY-Poster.jpg
    THE-HOBBIT-AN-UNEXPECTED-JOURNEY-Poster.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have to say I loved the LOTR trilogy but wasn't really that excited about this for some reason. After this trailer though I can't wait, I'm in 100%, fantastic trailer :D

Saw the 3D trailer for this yesterday before Dredd. Looks absolutely awesome:scat: It took nearly a decade but it looks like it was worth the wait. Count me in come December...

Did anyone else get their copy of Empire magazine for December? it comes with a separate Limited edition lenticular cover of Gollum - I have no3 of 5!

DSC_0004.JPG

If you've got one of the other numbers please post them here! So eager to see them :D

Last edited:
Air New Zealand partnered with WETA Workshop on a brand new Hobbit inspired Safety Video. It features cameo appearances including Sir Peter Jackson. Visit http://www.airnzcode.com/hobbitmovie to Find and Unlock the Elvish Code for your chance to win one of six double passes to the World Premiere Screening of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in New Zealand on the 28th of November 2012
[media=youtube]cBlRbrB_Gnc[/media]

Cool hein? :D

This is a fan made compilation of all The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey trailers and TV spots, including: Announcement trailer, Announcement trailer (G), Trailer 1, TV Spot 1 - 7, UK 1 minute TV spot, Japanese 1 minute TV Spot. Shots and sequences have been re-ordered into the possible running order of the final film. The audio can be choppy in places as original trailer background music overlaps much of the dialogue.
[media=youtube]3Hy6O682OGI[/media]