The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Ext (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook) (Future Shop Excl.) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 18, 2014
Purchase link: FutureShop.ca
Price: $44.99
Group Buy: Drum18

Notes: 2,000 units, Matte finish
Printed for Canada only.

HDOS EE_JUMBO STEELBK_GLAM (9-2).jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will cancel this gorgeous steel. It's a real beauty but there was so many releases lately and other upcoming that are more important than this one. I'm trying to keep up with beautiful steel but at one point you have to thin k of your wallet and have a little blanket for pre-orders that are not fully paid yet. Just saw something else on ebay was ready to plop 300$ on it, but I thought to myself right now is not the right time... it's so difficult being a collector we want to collect also what we missed but those end up costing a lot and taking from your budget... I don't own any of the hobbit/LOTR steels, just the amaray of the extended 1st hobbit, so I guess would have that option after all is paid. I don't know if some of you feel the way I do, it's hard to imagine how another collector can feel and think, but sometimes even if we desperately want a steel, it just would take too much of our funds and we'd be left with no money for the rest of the month. I feel it's the right decision but still a part of me that cringe at the idea of letting something pass, it's like having a double personality...my preciiooouusssss

I said in an earlier post [#107](that was for October) that I was broke mid month due to so many releases and having to prioritize etc..., now The New month starts, first week of November, and already funds are drained(again), so many releases, pre orders, it's hard to prioritize but I will go for this one. It's difficult to juggle the releases at times.
This was the shortest movie of all the releases of LOTR series, the extended cut has 25 add minutes so looking very forward to re-watching it :)
This is the copy to get, love the Dragon as front Artwork, I can't pass on this one now that it's coming close to release date.
Pre-Ordered, just hope this time FS will package it well(hopefully it is thick enough so it won't fit in a cardboard envelope without any padding...will take pictures for Zerox if not wrapped properly so they can have proof of the shipping issue.

Last edited: