The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't wanna beat a dead horse and I know it ain't a steelbook question, so please excuse me, but has anyone ordered the Key to Erebor edition from Zavvi?? They still send me the "we are sorry,there's a delay" email yet, the edition appears as "in stock" since Thursday night. I emailed them on Friday but haven't gotten a reply

I don't wanna beat a dead horse and I know it ain't a steelbook question, so please excuse me, but has anyone ordered the Key to Erebor edition from Zavvi?? They still send me the "we are sorry,there's a delay" email yet, the edition appears as "in stock" since Thursday night. I emailed them on Friday but haven't gotten a reply
If it's in stock they will probably be sending it soon. They may take a few days to get back to you as it's the weekend.

I got my Zavvi replacement
This one was also damaged but not as bad as the previous one

The back has a dent but its not that bad and no paint chips this time
I not bothering asking for another replacement as it would be most likely also arrive damaged and its just about ok what I have

Zavvi need to remember Jumbo Steelbooks shipping these in a bubble mailer will most likely arrive damaged especially if been delivered outside of the UK they need to use boxes with protection for Jumbo steelbooks and all box sets for shipping
It will help avoid having to do replacement's or full refunds

The Hobbit
2 Extended films in my collection
1 to go to complete the trilogy

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to HMV to replace my steelbook again.

Boy were they stroppy with changing it again.

Never going to buy a steelbook again from them with that customer service unless it is a HMV exclusive

On my third one now.

Opened it in the shop and still some small scratches under the back card. Much smaller this time though so will have to hold onto this one.

This experience has make me have serious doubts about carrying on collecting steels

Reactions: Maccadinho25
Got my replacement today from zavvi (my last was a steelbook nightmare with every kind of damage you can think of) this is better but still has some scratches all over and I swear the image on the back and front is darker than my last copy.

Was just wondering if there was another case, maybe no one has gotten a shipping notification of that edition

Quoting myself to say that zavvi got back to me saying they had no stock and were trying to get it from supplier and buyers were looking for other places to buy. I send them a massive wtf mail saying you can't say that then have the damn thing in stock since last Thursday, that just insults my intelligence. Also, you can't tell me people are looking to buy a zavvi exclusive other places that are NOT zavvi. That's just ridiculous!
The thing is I used a 10% discount for this one and maybe they hate to see a couple of pounds lost, but then it was part of a multibuy so I can't cancel either, and I fear if I try to get it from another country,I might end up with couple of copies!
Really disgusted with their service

Was just wondering if there was another case, maybe no one has gotten a shipping notification of that edition

Well, I found the error from zavvi. They sold an Extended edition with the key to erebor PLUS the LOTR trilogy slim boxset. I think they made a mistake listing that, because it doesn't appear on their site anymore, yet the hobbit with the key does in stock, no problem. So of course they are trying to look the other way.
How do I know they wanna blow this up? they told me I can cell without a problem, even when I have a discout applied to the whole order, which as we all know, is not something you can just do like that.
The problem is that I don't care about the trilogy, but there is no discount on zavvi to reorder the hobbit with the same 10% off I had, and I fear that while I wait for them to send a mystery discount code the edition now in stock might be sold out :-S