The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm married to a Yorkshire man ALWAYS waiting for a price drop on EVERYTHING :woot: .

@harry

THANK YOU .

@Sargast

You got this ? live flower :).

I had forgotten about this and was more pending on getting confirmation on anyone who had bought the Cosmos UK release (as back cover only said English) and now I see it and think I ain't buying. Despite Smaug's Einode title, I think the German artwork is far superior to this one, (I would actually even consider let go of my UK edition of the first one to get the German release).
The desolation of SMAUG and no Smaug on cover?? No buy!
Now I'll sit and wait that the TTT EE steelbook comes live soon as this artwork is really a no buy for me.

Smaug's shadow is on the pillars in the background, I just hope that's not the most we get of him and he's on the back of the steelbook. I know I'll end up buying this anyway though.

Looks quite nice if it's a UK release. But I think the german one with Dragon picture on front is better hope they dont put their sticker on it as its not shown on there, plus Futureshop might release this to so ill go for one of them...

Okay, I give up, why have we got another version of Smaug again?!!!

I bought the 4 disc Steelbook of this on the 5th Feb and it was delivered 10th April: 3D, 2D and UV copy. and it plays for the same 161 minutes.

I know it's supposed to be 25 minutes longer but listings say it is 161

Last edited:
I do find it strange that the German version will have Smaug on the front whereas the UK has Billybo on the front..... I wonder if it's just temp art and we will get Smaug on the front (which would then in turn be the same as the Canadian edition)

well goto to be honest here just cancelled this one for the FS gb. as is the art i wanted all along with english in the title.
also goto remember the FS version is only a 2000 run that will sell out fast imho there will be no guarntee that this art for the uk will change, it may do but as they say is that a risk you are willing to take?
me personally no, i will play safe on this occassion.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: harry
Comes down to price for me. This should drop to the same as what the first one did (£15.99 IIRC), the FS is gonna end up costing way more than that for me

Reactions: Blu-devil
I'm just botherd that I get the extra footage sooner I get my fithy grubby dirty mitts on this the better :oohyeah:. Nice lead up to the Battle Of the Five Armies :woot:. Also loads and loads of tissues:sorry:.

Anyhoo nice to know Amazon are on the ball got the LIVE Email alert at 00.03 this morning :confused:. Not bad that only had it on pre order 3 days :muted:

Reactions: cooey