Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i would be surprised if that happened tbh where this is the only steel worldwide atm which makes it a rare beast.
also got awards season coming up and i would like to think this will pick one up, i could be wrong but i'm quietly confiendent. that usually push sales up when winners are announced but time will tell.

basil :thumbs:

Interesting point m8, do you have any example where an Academy (or any) Award did anything to boost a steelbooks' collectability? Critically acclaimed movies in zavvi steelbooks like this usually do NO BUSINESS, right? Inside Lleywin Davis, Mulholland Drive , The Boy in the striped Pyjamas, Clerks, Elephant Man, Third Man, A Prophet, La Haine, This is England, Withnail and I...

I agree with both of you but all listed above are back catalogue releases with people possibly already owning the blu ray . This is a new release only one in the world atm and there is an Oscar buzz . But i can see what you mean . My main examples would be rush kick ass2 world's end under the skin all films with one steel bar rush now worth more than initial price

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
@Lutzo let it put it like this to some films i would not nessecarily watch, now one i can point too in recent months i did watch because it was nominated and that was grand budapest hotel good film imho now when that comes round i will probabely buy on steel.
now the point being i'd would have never gone near this film normally, so i was directly influeneced by it being a nominee.
point being extra films get watched and bought as a net result and yes in steel so in my eyes the awards do attribute extra sales, well it does in my case and i suspect i'm not the only person that would behave in this way either, i suspect if it didn't help generate extra sales they wouldn't both as they do with the awards as much as they do, old addage of money going to money and such forth if you see direction i'm coming from.

all the best

Reactions: Lutzo
I agree with both of you but all listed above are back catalogue releases with people possibly already owning the blu ray . This is a new release only one in the world atm and there is an Oscar buzz . But i can see what you mean . My main examples would be rush kick ass2 world's end under the skin all films with one steel bar rush now worth more than initial price

Under the Skin is really a phenomenon! A very strange (brilliant in my opinion!) film that has no mass appeal whatsoever selling out instantly. I mean, I don't know the print run on the German "Enemy" steelbook, but that is a similarly eerie (again, brilliant in my opinion!!) movie in a world wide exclusive steelbook that was not a catalogue title and is probably nowhere near selling out....

Not sure which awards Kick Ass 2 and The Worlds End have received to boost their steelbook sales, but these 2 are perfect examples of "typical steelbook releases" whereas, to go back to the original topic, The Imitation Game is a rather odd choice for a steelbook.... still, I'm sure an Academy Award wouldn't HURT the steelbook, we can totally agree on that one :thumbs:

Yeah pretty much bang on
I think 'The Interview' will have set a record. The Christmas day theatrical release has a blu ray release date of February 17 and it is ALREADY on Netflix! :p

Back on topic, with now about a month to go, I hope they show the inside art soon!

well cumberbatch got married yesterday on valantines day on the isle of wight yesterday goona upset the ladies, wonder if he'll even attend the oscars now on 23rd which is only a week away tommorrow. but i unfournately suspect it will go to the steven hawking film as happened in the baftas.

for the lady fans
http://uk.eonline.com/news/625826/b...9-people-can-t-handle-it-read-their-reactions

i agree with the oscar see kate winslet in extras speech about oscars