Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, but that hasn't stopped it from selling out.
I was expecting this steelbook to be around long enough for price reductions and caught off-guard with this one :(

Anyway, a closer look at the steelbook in question:-

Jungle-Book-steelbook-1.jpg
Jungle-Book-steelbook-2.jpg
Jungle-Book-steelbook-3.jpg
Jungle-Book-steelbook-4.jpg

Could have been a very nice steelbook with different scaling on the covers . . . I don't mind the large scale figure inside but the outside just looks so inelegant compared to my favourite steelbook of this year . . . I do like the "Zootropolis" style spine though :thumbs:

FRONT: Finish is spot gloss (as can be seen above) - on Mowgli, Bagheera and the structures they are crouching on - with a metallic sheen on the background.
BACK: Finish is full gloss with a blue metallic sheen on the foliage.

To paraphrase Arnie "It'll be back".

I see every now and again people prophesying a steel from zavvi will be back, but is there any way to be sure? I missed out on this but can get one in the 45 dollar range. if i can get it at 24.99 pounds, which is much less, I'd just hold out for the reissue.

I see every now and again people prophesying a steel from zavvi will be back, but is there any way to be sure? I missed out on this but can get one in the 45 dollar range. if i can get it at 24.99 pounds, which is much less, I'd just hold out for the reissue.

Maybe Zavvi shipped them back to Disney and told them to stick a lenti on it. ;)

Maybe Zavvi shipped them back to Disney and told them to stick a lenti on it. ;)

I could see them going back and eventually doing all the Disney releases like this. As nice as this steelbook is for me, I'd rather wait, see what comes out later. (Though I'm very very happy with Blufans' spectacular WEA steelbook)