Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about this film. The trailer did not convince me, but all the positive reviews are making me consider to go see it anyway.

Thing is, I'm not a fan of CGI that is used for actual real life things from planet earth, like forests and animals. My brain just doesn't accept it and the whole film I'm like "it's fake...". Which ruins the experience, and I can't help it.
I don't have that with space films because the CGI is used there for something I have never seen in real life, or that doesn't even exists, so my brain can accept it more easily.

Anyone else recognizes this?

Thought it would include 3D

Well I've put an order in for now with the 10% code but if kimchi do announce this as part of their collection then this is one I would like to get a premium edition for

I'm not sure about this film. The trailer did not convince me, but all the positive reviews are making me consider to go see it anyway.

Thing is, I'm not a fan of CGI that is used for actual real life things from planet earth, like forests and animals. My brain just doesn't accept it and the whole film I'm like "it's fake...". Which ruins the experience, and I can't help it.
I don't have that with space films because the CGI is used there for something I have never seen in real life, or that doesn't even exists, so my brain can accept it more easily.

Anyone else recognizes this?

Yeah when it's done badly

Can't get the code to work !

You have to add the steel to your basket. Close the page. Go through the link for the code to get back on to zavvi website, go to basket (your item should still be there) and enter code.
Voilà, they like you to play games. Nothing is easy with them infact it's difficult difficult, lemon difficult

Right. But all the reviews say it's done better than ever before in this film, yet I still got that 'fake' feeling from the IMAX 3d trailer.

Yeah I get what you mean but I didn't get that from this trailer. My examples would be Alice in wonderland and Oz, they look terribly fake and you can tell its CGI.

Biggest fan of the original 1967 animated (and my personal favourite Disney) and if this can capture some of that magic I'll be happy . . .
Regarding the tbc artwork: I think this would make a GREAT front cover and the best choice - apart from one other - out of the 20 or so posters by BLT Communications, LLC for the front.
Must admit not sure how I feel about the female voice (Scarlett Johansson) for Kaa . . .

It goes without saying if you buy this with the JUNGLEBOOK code 10% promotion off a selected in-stock Disney steelbook and the artwork for this is confirmed c*** then you'll not be able to cancel it . . . so hopefully the ZAVWEL54 code will hang around a while for the benefit of those buying this now.

Last edited:
Happy it includes 3D, so decided to order. Won't get a chance to see this at the cinema, but heard good things, so happy to purchase