The Lion King (3D + 2D Blu-ray Lenticular SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live October 15 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Note: The Lion King 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook (The Disney Collection #32) Blu-ray
Limited Edition 3,000

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't a moving lenti. It is a DEPTH lenti. Like a hologram.

It's really not a depth lenti either

It has one layer of Thor in front of the background (Thor himself has no 3D or depth - just a flat Thor on a background with 0.0000000001% depth. )

Are we taking about the same product?

I'm a lenti nut and these do not have depth except maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Nothing on the hulks, the spiderman lenti magnets or any premium Asian retailer I've seen. Even standard ammray lenti slips are much better like Enders game for example

Zavvis Thor lenticular magnet is one of the darkest lentis I've ever seen. IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
The Disney/Marvel Lenticular Steelbooks the steelbook itself some have been done well even though the lenticular not the best on most of them

If you don't like the lenti they are lenticular magnets that you can remove or keep on the steelbook
For me the steelbook itself is most important part the lenticular magnet is secondary to my decision if I like the steelbook itself

It's really not a depth lenti either

It has one layer of Thor in front of the background (Thor himself has no 3D or depth - just a flat Thor on a background with 0.0000000001% depth. )

Are we taking about the same product?

I'm a lenti nut and these do not have depth except maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Nothing on the hulks, the spiderman lenti magnets or any premium Asian retailer I've seen. Even standard ammray lenti slips are much better like Enders game for example

Zavvis Thor lenticular magnet is one of the darkest lentis I've ever seen. IMO

How do you know what the lenti will look like? Have you seen it? This might surprise some, like the two Hulk lentis.

Reactions: C.C. 95
How do you know what the lenti will look like? Have you seen it? This might surprise some, like the two Hulk lentis.

Sorry wasn't actually talking about the lion king lenti. As stifflers dad said just the hulks, spideys and zavvi marvel wave.

But it was posted yesterday that toy story, lion king and nemo were held back due to Disney being unhappy with previous magnetic lentis (not spidey or hulk - different studios) and they were sorting that issue out

It's funny because my local post office sells these lenticular mouse mats and dinner place mats and the depth and movement on transition is some of the best I've ever seen. Infact I have never seen a ammray lenti slip case, steel magnet or premium slip come close to some of these.

And I mean better than nova and blu fans.

They are huge too but they are just pointless pictures of cats in baskets for example and cost about £2-£4.50 but they are very colourful and works wonders on your eyes. Always stare at them when I'm queueing up.
but it proves these can be done very very very well for very very very cheap

Sorry wasn't actually talking about the lion king lenti. As stifflers dad said just the hulks, spideys and zavvi marvel wave.

But it was posted yesterday that toy story, lion king and nemo were held back due to Disney being unhappy with previous magnetic lentis (not spidey or hulk - different studios) and they were sorting that issue out

It's funny because my local post office sells these lenticular mouse mats and dinner place mats and the depth and movement on transition is some of the best I've ever seen. Infact I have never seen a ammray lenti slip case, steel magnet or premium slip come close to some of these.

And I mean better than nova and blu fans.

They are huge too but they are just pointless pictures of cats in baskets for example and cost about £2-£4.50 but they are very colourful and works wonders on your eyes. Always stare at them when I'm queueing up.
but it proves these can be done very very very well for very very very cheap

Lol maybe you should turn those mouse pads into steelbook magnets and sell those. In best John Oliver voice: "Ugly steelbook, why not add a 3D lenti of a cat in a basket on top? Perks your day up every time! The cat has so much depth you might try to reach INTO the magnet!"

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
For some reason, only just realised this is another release...Zavvi re-market more than Krusty the Klown. Think I'll stick with my classier Best Buy steel.

I have a copy of this Lenti coming, but I momentarily saw the Lion King Diamond Edition Ironpack drop to $9 on Amazon.com...

... so I panic-bought it*.

The listing says that it's a steelbook, but pictures of the thing prove that it's not quite a steelbook. I was curious as to whether anyone already owned the Diamond Edition Ironpack and could give me their opinion on it... Do you like it?

*Buying something out of an anxiety induced panic that it may be gone in mere seconds

I have a copy of this Lenti coming, but I momentarily saw the Lion King Diamond Edition Ironpack drop to $9 on Amazon.com...

... so I panic-bought it*.

The listing says that it's a steelbook, but pictures of the thing prove that it's not quite a steelbook. I was curious as to whether anyone already owned the Diamond Edition Ironpack and could give me their opinion on it... Do you like it?

*Buying something out of an anxiety induced panic that it may be gone in mere seconds
It's a Viva Metal Box, not an Ironpack. It's got it's own thread https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-viva-metal-box-best-buy-exclusive-usa.11576/

Reactions: FN-2187
Sold out already? Or Zavvi's dodgy listing times again?
It will be back available before or after release date
Zavvi and customer orders cancellations
Zavvi don't have a live stock control system like amazon cancelled orders stock have to be manually put back on the system

I thought it went live at 6pm, but couldn't get on until 7.45, so it sold out already then? Or it never went live do you mean? I was referring to the Saturday 6pm time, unless that didn't mean today of course.