Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 9th, 2015
Purchase link: HMV (UK shipping only)
Price: £18
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

01-240174.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked one up in HMV Birmingham store (2 for £25) offer. There was half a dozen or so left if any one is interest in buying one

Has anyone had any problems with theirs ? Mine won't play on my player so took it back got a new one , this one won't play either , just ejects and says check disc (n):(

Can someone in the UK do me a massive favour and check to see if this disc works in their PS3, just got my replacement and its doing the same thing, won't read it and sounds like it spitting it out after about 20 seconds and nothing comes up. That's the 2nd disc from two different hmvs now.
Thanks
2 different copy's have done the same in my blu Ray player

2 different copy's have done the same in my blu Ray player

Well after nearly a month I finally got a reply from 20th century fox today. Here it is

Many thanks for your recent email regarding returning faulty 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment product. I am sorry to hear the product you have received is not playing in your player. We are aware of this issue and would advise that in this instance the there is no issue with disc as they are within specification.

We are in contact with all manufacturers to update their firmware so that this issue does not keep occurring and that you can play the disc.

We would like to thank you for your interest in Twentieth Century Fox.

Regards,
Binita

Not really sure how long this will take but I'll check again soon in my PS3

• Helpful Post
Reactions: whysoserious?
Picked this up last week and only went to play it a while ago and completely forgot about the playback issue.

Well, I have the same. Will not work on my Sony.

So what do we do now? I can't watch the film. And Fox don't seem to be arsed. They're making it sound like it's our fault that our players aren't up to date.

Is there any point in me contacting them? Cost me feckin €25

Picked this up last week and only went to play it a while ago and completely forgot about the playback issue.

So what do we do now? I can't watch the film. And Fox don't seem to be arsed. They're making it sound like it's our fault that our players aren't up to date.

yeah mine wont work on any players ive tried still , its a joke mate , pay good money for something that dont work

I rented out the movie months back and it worked fine. But I've since learned that the UK steelbook disc is uncut and has a different rating from the regular amaray one, so it may have been the other version I rented.

Not sure what to do now as it seems the problem is with the steelbook disc only and that's the uncut version. Bummer :(

Well, I found a way around my problem.

I assumed this was region B locked and never realised the disc was actually region free. So I popped it in my U.S. Sony player and it works fine. Go figure.....

It was weird Watching U.S. trailers at the start on a HMV Blu Ray!!!!!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Well, I found a way around my problem.

I assumed this was region B locked and never realised the disc was actually region free. So I popped it in my U.S. Sony player and it works fine. Go figure.....

It was weird Watching U.S. trailers at the start on a HMV Blu Ray!!!!!

So I assume all of the uncut discs are region A locked? That doesn't sound right for HMV to continue stocking these.

So I assume all of the uncut discs are region A locked? That doesn't sound right for HMV to continue stocking these.
They're not A locked as it doesn't specify that when you play it on a UK player. But it won't read the disc either.

My UK player isn't hooked up to the Internet so I'm not sure if it's updates are up to date.

My U.S. player is wireless so it updates automatically via Wi-Fi so not sure if that means anything.

yeah mine wont work on any players ive tried still , its a joke mate , pay good money for something that dont work
Is it just Sony players this won't play on? I've just tried it in my 5-year old Sony BDP-S370, and it won't load. So I checked for any firmware updates, but it reports that its firmware is up to date (although I can't recall the last time it updated itself, though)!

Thankfully, I was able to watch it on my equally old (but very basic) Panasonic player (DMP-BD45). It also plays fine in my PC's (LG) blu-ray drive...

What is it about the Sony models, then?

Is it just Sony players this won't play on? I've just tried it in my 5-year old Sony BDP-S370, and it won't load. So I checked for any firmware updates, but it reports that its firmware is up to date (although I can't recall the last time it updated itself, though)!

Thankfully, I was able to watch it on my equally old (but very basic) Panasonic player (DMP-BD45). It also plays fine in my PC's (LG) blu-ray drive...

What is it about the Sony models, then?
wont work on 3 players in my house , LG , samsung and sony

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
wont work on 3 players in my house , LG , samsung and sony
Now that's a right bummer!! :OMG:

I guess from the response Flloydo posted earlier, everyone will just have to wait for the manufacturers to update their firmware. But surely they should be keeping their firmware up to date all the time if the specifications keep changing (which it must have done if Fox are claiming that the discs are "within specification"... :confused:

It worked fine on my Samsung player its a wifi enabled one, so it gets updated regularly. My player is the BD-H6500 Samsung 3D player if that helps anyone understand why its not working for some people.

I haven't this release in hand yet, but I've come across a couple of Blu-ray discs that refused to play unless the BD player was connected to the net.