Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 9th, 2015
Purchase link: HMV (UK shipping only)
Price: £18
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

01-240174.jpg

Last edited:
So it turns out my PS3 won't play this, sometimes it shows the picture on my PS3 but when the film goes to load it stays on a black screen for ages and then back to my main PS3 screen with an error message : This video cannot be played (80029940)

Looked that up on the Internet and people have mentioned faulty disc, so I have contacted fox to see if this has been a thing they have heard of happeing to this film. Waiting for reply

So it turns out my PS3 won't play this, sometimes it shows the picture on my PS3 but when the film goes to load it stays on a black screen for ages and then back to my main PS3 screen with an error message : This video cannot be played (80029940)

Looked that up on the Internet and people have mentioned faulty disc, so I have contacted fox to see if this has been a thing they have heard of happeing to this film. Waiting for reply
I had a similar problem with my PS3 but the old model. It started with 1 blu ray and later I got an error like invalid disc for many discs. I made a factory reset and after the factory reset I needed to change all setting like before but the problem was gone. No problems with any disc since that. The factory reset will format your hard disc but since I am not a gamer or saved anything on it it was fine for me. After the factory reset the PS3 will restart and ask you to connect the controller with the USB cable. I also needed to reset the controller and then do the settings in PS3 again but never had any problems with any disc since then

I had a similar problem with my PS3 but the old model. It started with 1 blu ray and later I got an error like invalid disc for many discs. I made a factory reset and after the factory reset I needed to change all setting like before but the problem was gone. No problems with any disc since that. The factory reset will format your hard disc but since I am not a gamer or saved anything on it it was fine for me. After the factory reset the PS3 will restart and ask you to connect the controller with the USB cable. I also needed to reset the controller and then do the settings in PS3 again but never had any problems with any disc since then

Cheers for that but for me I don't have an issue with any other Blu Ray disc or dvd. I know it's the disc. When I look at the disc it has this jagged part on one side of the disc and it was like that with the original disc. I've also since looked and tried so many other discs and none have this issue with the disc (all my others are smooth) and the all work.
Plus i don't want to loose anything on my ps3. But thanks mate

Does anyone know if this is part of the 2 for £25 deal yet? The normal Amray is, but not the Steelbook yet. Last time I checked was about two weeks ago. Thanks.

When I look at the disc it has this jagged part on one side of the disc and it was like that with the original disc.
That definitely sounds odd, can you take a picture showing that? Others could compare then and say if they have the same issue with their disk or not.

That definitely sounds odd, can you take a picture showing that? Others could compare then and say if they have the same issue with their disk or not.
It's very hard to take a photo of it, but I also seems kind raised on one part of the edge which makes me think this is stopping it from playing, I managed to start the film but then it froze after 10 mins and chucked me back to the menu screen on the PS3 with that system error message. Really annoying
image.jpg
image.jpg

You can see it better in this one below around the edge, none of my other discs are like this

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
It's very hard to take a photo of it, but I also seems kind raised on one part of the edge which makes me think this is stopping it from playing, I managed to start the film but then it froze after 10 mins and chucked me back to the menu screen on the PS3 with that system error message. Really annoying
That definitely looks like a manufacturing flaw to me.

I wonder if you've just been extremely unlucky and got two bad copies out of small bad batch that got missed by QA or if all the disks have that issue.

That definitely looks like a manufacturing flaw to me.

I wonder if you've just been extremely unlucky and got two bad copies out of small bad batch that got missed by QA or if all the disks have that issue.

I'm not too sure, im still waiting for fox to get back to me, I've had an email saying they have my message and are looking into it

Does anyone know if this is part of the 2 for £25 deal yet? The normal Amray is, but not the Steelbook yet. Last time I checked was about two weeks ago. Thanks.
It is now. Or, at least, it is in the Moorgate branch in London, along with Dawn of The Planet of The Apes and Edge of Tomorrow...

Reactions: Lester
HMV - Now 2 for £25.00 (£14.99 or 2 for £25.00) grab one while you can, wont last long before they are all gone

Reactions: Lester