The Most Expensive Blu-ray Steelbooks in the World

Oct 26, 2011
UK
This is for single editions 'Sealed' steelbooks in the original packaging and stickers.
One Clicks / Box sets do not count.
Please use this as a GUIDE only. Opinions can be very subjective.
List is updating over time, appreciate your patience!

THE CURRENT TOP TEN - UPDATED 04 JUNE 2018
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street Filmarena FAC #70 (CZ)
  2. John Rambo Amazon.de (GER)
  3. As Above So Below Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  4. Iron Man Future Shop (CA)
  5. As Above So Below Unnumbered Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  6. Doctor Who Series 9 Amazon.uk (UK)
  7. Spring Steel Archive (GER) ???
  8. Elektra Filmarena FAC #11 (CZ)
  9. Thor Blufans Lenticular (CN)
  10. Terminator 2 Version 2.0 (JP)
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
FILMARENA
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street FAC #70
  2. As Above So Below FAC #1
  3. As Above So Below Unnumbered FAC #1
  4. Elektra FAC #11
  5. Heat FAC #2
  6. Interview with the Vampire FAC #3
  7. Maze Runner FAC #4
BLUFANS
  1. Thor Lenticular
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming 4K UHD OAB

HDZETA

1. Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD Silver Label
  2. The Man from UNCLE Silver Label
  3. Wonder Woman Double Lenticular Gold Label

KIMCHIDVD

:coffee:

NOVAMEDIA

:coffee:

Last edited:
Is there a place for despicable me, thai metalpak anywhere on any lists?

I've been told it's rare and hard to find, however i have no idea of any value?

Scratch that I have found it in stock at a retailer so it has no place on the lists here

K no problem, thanks for your input. Once it goes OOP let me know :)

Bump for all members, to give due credit to sunnyx for his detailed analysis, whilst I am still chasing Bolt FR metalpak, and hunting down its fair value...

Terminator Salvation play.com new sealed went well under £30 on auction yesterday and it was a well know seller, the re releases have killed the price of the play.com version

It's the influx of the Swedish version that has killed off the Play.com version. I'm sure that's what you meant :)

Glad I sold mine now.

Oh you would wouldn't you! meh back to my homework again :hilarious:

The values have changed a lot now due to the influx of releases and fluctuating, hence why this thread has not been updated. I need to wait until things have smoothed down a bit for an update to follow.

Stay tuned!

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

The Terminator hk needs move up one spot.

I note down this can sell for a premium, question is, how popular is this to maintain it's demand? Because it's a small sticker on an identicle steel raises this question.

Bump for all members, to give due credit to sunnyx for his detailed analysis, whilst I am still chasing Bolt FR metalpak, and hunting down its fair value...

Evil PM'ed me what he acquired Bolt for. All I can say it wasn't cheap, but affordable to grail collectors. Nowhere as crazy as something like TDK Fnac!

Terminator Salvation play.com new sealed went well under £30 on auction yesterday and it was a well know seller, the re releases have killed the price of the play.com version

Yeah I saw that one, I suspect (I may be wrong) but a lot of shill bidding really pushed this steel unexpectedly to £100+ to give its false value.

It's the influx of the Swedish version that has killed off the Play.com version. I'm sure that's what you meant :)

Glad I sold mine now.

I agree, and it is still selling at £9.99, and best offer accepted at £9! Wish I sold mine for a £100, but then again I do need it for me sealed collection :naughty:

And I am now glad I never had one....LOL! Come on, guys! The value will come up again. You can't keep a good steel down. Also, T5 will be here before you know it....

Something about 'UK' titles how collectors all want the UK versions to complete their UK sets. Such as marvels, Thor and CA HMV more expensive than the other european releases. When T5 comes, it might shoot back in value :)

I still like this thread a lot, fully support it's existence, and appreciate all the wisdom that much more experienced folks than myself have put in... But it might be time for an update re: Le Grand Bleu JP. It's rarity can't be questioned, but a copy just sold on eBay for ~$123.

I didn't think Kimchi's release would impact that value as much as it has, but it totally makes sense.

Thor JP and KR still seem to be commanding a hell of a lot. I wonder if it's time, at minimum, that the JP copy finds itself in the top tier?

I still like this thread a lot, fully support it's existence, and appreciate all the wisdom that much more experienced folks than myself have put in... But it might be time for an update re: Le Grand Bleu JP. It's rarity can't be questioned, but a copy just sold on eBay for ~$123.

I didn't think Kimchi's release would impact that value as much as it has, but it totally makes sense.

Thor JP and KR still seem to be commanding a hell of a lot. I wonder if it's time, at minimum, that the JP copy finds itself in the top tier?

I watched that auction also for the Le Grand Bleu JP.sold for peanuts.strange thing is,it seems as though the seller has relisted it,unless he had 2 copies.its currently on £22,with 2d 4h to go.looks mint,and he states that it is,with only 1 tiny paint chip

Hi, I am still alive everyone, although quiet, I have been observing from the background :)

The steelbook market values has completely changed and it does need an update to reflect the values and order. But the update will not be accurate due to the influx of releases that reflects the values of rare steels which is why presently there is no update.

In relation to grail steels, most of them will remain in the top ten, but where in the top ten will need to be shuffled about.

In relation to LGB Japan, from observations, it is fair to say (and I said this before when the re-release was announced) that the Kimchi version of LGB has devalued the steel completely. That is the effect how an identicle release can impact on a grail.

Generally speaking, Asian steels have devalued considerably and with the Asian grails slowly dropping in value. This was inevitable and only a question of time. However, most of the Asian steels will remain in the top ten because in general most steels have devalued and no new release has gone up to silly prices yet! It is just re-arranging the correct order.

Will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Sunnyx my buddy, pls pls pls don't amend the Top 10 list until I post a pic this coming weekend. My final jigsaw piece has just arrived :>

I only have the 1408 steelbook from germany. Sold it once for 165€ and still have one 8)
I was lucky that I was able to buy two steels for about 10€ each :)

Oh man, you really got it have you? :)

PS - You got Bolt metal pak yet? :naughty:

My dear friend, yep, here we go, a perfect copy :

And here's your Top 10, last updated in June 2013 of course. It has changed, somewhat again, lol.

And lol, yes, I have Bolt already, albeit not sealed. I have decided not to pursue a sealed copy.