Horror-Theatrical The Mummy (2017) - In theaters June 09, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Mummy (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Andy Muschietti[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Alex Kurtzman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Cruise, Sofia Boutella, Russel Crowe

Plot: An ancient princess is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
295265-95edbb5a53048496120008d8bf6a9f69.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

It looks like The Mummy will returning in 2016...
Universal has announced an April 16, 2016 release for their The Mummy, which has Andres Muschietti attached to direct.
Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Russell Crowe Confirmed as Dr. Henry Jekyll in Alex Kurtzman’s ‘The Mummy’ HERE

so there is gonna be the whole universal monsters cinematic universe. and films are tied together. cool.

Crowe seems like a good choice for the character and I'm well up for cruise in this

Here's a novel idea. How about ORIGINAL films, not reboots, reimagining, sequels, prequels, remakes etc. Would make a refreshing change.

I'm with you. but you know, hollywood is all about money. and familiar/known characters are easier to sell to movie goers. original new ideas are kind of bet. IMO. but like I said : I root for new ideas :thumbs:

It's taking place in the modern world! That means that you don't really have to ignore the Brendan Fraser trilogy because it could've came before this. I love the tagline, too! That reads like a definite tagline for Universal's Monster reboot! :D

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Mummy (2017)

Tagline: Welcome To A New World of Gods And Monsters

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Alex Kurtzman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sofia Boutella[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Annabelle Wallis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jake Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Courtney B. Vance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marwan Kenzari[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Russell Crowe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Javier Botet[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Selva Rasalingam[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dylan Smith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rez Kempton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shanina Shaik[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bella Ava Georgiou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Matthewson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Solomon Taiwo Justified[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shina Shihoko Nagai[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-06-07[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Though safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
sxZai0bH1XnwTiBD59owrdZi0nK.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

@Noodles I think we already have a thread for this, but it's in the Horror section.
That would explain why I was surprised to see that nothing came up when I did a search in here... I always forget about the mixed bag of content that is the Horror section. :p

Will close and soon delete this one. Cheers mate! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
That would explain why I was surprised to see that nothing came up when I did a search in here... I always forget about the mixed bag of content that is the Horror section. :p

Will close and soon delete this one. Cheers mate! :)

No need to delete. I'll just merge this with the existing one. :)

Reactions: Noodles
When I first heard they were doing a remake I was like ugh, not this again. Then I heard the cast and I was excited. Then the teaser from a couple of days ago continued to build on that excitement. Today after watching the full first trailer I am a little worried because the action seems way over the top even for a Tom Cruise movie. I'm going to hold off judgment because I know this was just a first look so I am still cautiously optimistic.

I personally like Tom Cruise, so this looks great to me. I'm also going to pretend that since this takes place during modern times and since it follows a new mummy, this takes place in the same timeline as the Brendan Fraser films (the first two, anyway). I really hope that Universal continues Dracula Untold, though. Luke Evans was great!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo