The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook + DVD Audio) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #14)[Korea]

Which full slip cover art do you prefer?

• Artwork #1

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Artwork #1

Votes: 76 44.7%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: May 25th 2014
Price: US$36.99; No limit on order quantity
Buy links:
The Pianist - Full Slipcover (OOS)
The Pianist - Lenticular cover (OOS)
The Pianist - 1/4 slipcover (non exclusive) live !

Group Buy: Click here
Pre-order date and time:
View attachment 67981
Pre-order gift:
if you pre order full slipcover (if poll result is option#1), you can get full slipcover option#2 as free, pre-order gift. (vise versa)
Print run info:
- lenticular slipcover 1.5K
- full slipcover 1.5K
- 1/4 slip 0.5K (non-exclusive)

Notes: full high glossy with embossed title and hands, 2-disc edition - 1x blu-ray and 1x dvd audio
subtitles: Korean, English, Chinese (Both), French, Finnish, Swedish.

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1387775504471753.jpg

Full Slipcover Package:
13983321254592676.jpg

10154233_1528620660698479_2144388144118080906_n.jpg

Lenticular cover artwork and package:
1398331874096543.jpg

1398221485857726.gif

13877776732922111.jpg

13877779102871735.jpg

1388139329490457.jpg

Detailed Info:
Publisher :Contents Zone
ReleaseDate :
List Price :USD
Our Price :USD
You Save :USD
Year :2003 (국내개봉)
Stock Status:Coming Soon
Weight :g

Technical Information
Genre: Drama
Directors: Roman Polanski
Actors: Adrien Brody / Thomas Kretschmann / Frank Finlay
Aspect Ratio & Format: High Definition 1080p Widescreen Presentation 1.85:1
Language: English / French / Italian
Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch/DD 5.1
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese / French / Finnish / Swedish
Rating: 18
Region Code: all
Run Time: 148 mins
Number of discs: 2

Special Features
- Behind Story
- Piano performance
- Interview with Director & Cast
- Behind Scene
- Trailer

Additional information:
A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited by a moderator:
Good point mate. Still waiting for mine but that's a bit of a bummer I must admit.

Can you watch the film in English subs that cover the English and German? Looks like I'm going to have to replace the disc with the UK BD disc :(

Is there anyone here who has managed to rectify this problem?

Hi Buddy. You can turn the subtitles on, although it is very distracting as you have to wait for the occurance, then wind it back and apply English Subs.

Annoying and offputting to say the least :(

So excited to see this in person, from the photos the full slip looks beautiful, but part of me is a little paranoid that the full slip I ordered last week may be a dinged up return, because I ordered so late after the release. Hoping that won't be the case.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Received the full slip today (that was bloody quick! :LOL:)

I have to say, this is right up there with PA's Melancholia for finish and finesse. The absolute crème de la crème of blu-ray media.

If only they stuck to great films they'd go up even further in my estimations. Absolutely 100% worth the premium price imo. Love it. :oohyeah:

Glad your happy buddy. It is one quality slip box....:scat:

Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
ebay bid prices here in germany for full slip are pretty low. Last weekend 2 sealed copies ran out for about 23/24 € + shipping. Seems to be not that popular. Bad for people who only buy to sell and earn some extra cash.

I finally decided to order
The Pianist Steelbook + DVD Audio Fullslip Limited Edition
Fullslip looks amazing

Expensive day as I also ordered earlier Today Perfume Fullslip

Reactions: earthscope
Generally I prefer full slips. But I have a problem with the cover art here. I don´t want to display a slipcover of a man holding a dying kid in his hands. I can`t say wow, that is beautiful.

Generally I prefer full slips. But I have a problem with the cover art here. I don´t want to display a slipcover of a man holding a dying kid in his hands. I can`t say wow, that is beautiful.

Precisely! That didn't sit well with me either. It's not a good design decision if you ask me.

Last edited:
Why are the releases of this and Amelia sitting at such a low price compared to most of there other releases, even on the UK eBay they are selling very reasonable
Is it down to design (look nice to me) or the film choices (not seen either not my cup of tea)

I swapped it to the black second full slip for that reason. Obviously doesn't work if you want to keep it totally sealed, but at least it's an option.

Why are the releases of this and Amelia sitting at such a low price compared to most of there other releases, even on the UK eBay they are selling very reasonable
Is it down to design (look nice to me) or the film choices (not seen either not my cup of tea)

It's rarely design issues with Kimchi; it's simply demand vs print run. These 'boutique' films don't attract as much attention/buyers vs the blockbuster Disney & Marvel films for instance. I know some members don't really care about print runs, but for Kimchi to keep their high level of desirability for their titles, they'd want to be careful on the print runs they choose. Even Zavvi drop print runs to 2K for some of the small-scale titles they have exclusivity to. 3K was too much for this in my opinion... and Amelie... and Perfume...

It's rarely design issues with Kimchi; it's simply demand vs print run. These 'boutique' films don't attract as much attention/buyers vs the blockbuster Disney & Marvel films for instance. I know some members don't really care about print runs, but for Kimchi to keep their high level of desirability for their titles, they'd want to be careful on the print runs they choose. Even Zavvi drop print runs to 2K for some of the small-scale titles they have exclusivity to. 3K was too much for this in my opinion... and Amelie... and Perfume...

ahh I see i didn't realise it was 3k print run that will be why and like you say these films are much more limited market compared to the marvel and disneys
I've been tempted to pick them up because they do look beautiful but in an already flooded market of steels I've got to stay to just films I enjoy or risk bankruptcy lol :(

ahh I see i didn't realise it was 3k print run that will be why and like you say these films are much more limited market compared to the marvel and disneys
I've been tempted to pick them up because they do look beautiful but in an already flooded market of steels I've got to stay to just films I enjoy or risk bankruptcy lol :(

Exactly, they're still very attractive packages but once you skip one, it's much easier to skip the others. Low print runs for steelbooks attract collectors, plain and simple. But if it's not a film you're particularly keen on owning, and you suspect it may not sell out (at least quickly anyway), the incentive is lost.

It's a tragic work. What do you want on the cover? People chilling out having a whale of a time at the fun fair?

Really? Little childish I think!

Trust me, I am well aware of this time period in history and how tragic it was. I don't believe that image to be in good taste, no matter what the subject matter!

Check out the art work for 'The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas' for instance. That's subtle and poignant without being too heavy handed.