• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:
So exactly how long did it take for the leather slip to sell out? I'm sure one of us nerds on this site knows the answer. Looks like it was less than half an hour but not sure.
Hard to say for sure it was listed as still available on the website but when some members got to checkout it then said not available
Some did not complete their orders and stock became available again and then went listed as out of stock

Estimate was about 30 min

Reactions: nafosb
Hard to say for sure it was listed as still available on the website but when some members got to checkout it then said not available
Some did not complete their orders and stock became available again and then went listed as out of stock

Estimate was about 30 min

I would agree, 30 minutes seems fairly accurate - there appeared to be a few copies that were being held on to that way. I had to refresh a number of times before it showed in stock for me.

Reactions: paulboland
Looks like the leather slip is pretty popular, as expected. Not surprised it sold out so quick, even after they upped the quantity!

The OC is still in stock. Amazing.

I just realized the hardest part has just commenced: waiting for the shipping notice. Over a month before shipping even starts! Oh well, I'll have my FAC Revenant slips to play with in the meantime ;)

The leather slip has to be the most innovative design for steelbooks ever. Depending on how successful this is, the reviews, how highly sought this item becomes, there be no doubt other studios and retailers will use this very unique idea in the future. Very intriguing indeed. It's one of those that you have to open!

If Manta get to do a high demand Marvel release I don't think we would have same easy trouble free website experience to get an order in
The more releases they have and get known about it might get a bit more difficult to order

If Manta get to do a high demand Marvel release I don't think we would have same easy trouble free website experience to get an order in
The more releases they have and get known it might get a bit more difficult to order

Mondo uses Shopify and it's pretty smooth under heavy load with a poster release - with Manta using the same interface, I'm certain they'll be OK. The Shopify servers scale nicely from what I've seen thus far.

The leather slip has to be the most innovative design for steelbooks ever. Depending on how successful this is, the reviews, how highly sought this item becomes, there be no doubt other studios and retailers will use this very unique idea in the future. Very intriguing indeed. It's one of those that you have to open!
It's hard to know how something like that would translate to other releases though, I mean the leather slip is kind of fitting for a film like The Revenant, but I'm not sure there are many films it would work with or what other materials could even be used for other films.

Reactions: C.C. 95

Innovative YES. I just think it would be better if the slip itself complimented the steel. As it stands, it is like oil and water to me. But on the other hand it is a case of "the beauty and the beast." The combination of the two doesn't appeal to me so I skipped it

Mondo uses Shopify and it's pretty smooth under heavy load with a poster release - with Manta using the same interface, I'm certain they'll be OK. The Shopify servers scale nicely from what I've seen thus far.
I agree most releases will be ok but if I remember correctly Plain Archive also use Shopify and the one very high demand release they had as in Zero Dark Thirty tested it to the fullest
I got a one click that day by luck I think

Shopify It is a better system and I would have liked Novamedia used that system instead of Magneto
A lot smother website checkout system for a high demand fast sell out releases

A real test of shopify would be a very high demand marvel release

It's hard to know how something like that would translate to other releases though, I mean the leather slip is kind of fitting for a film like The Revenant, but I'm not sure there are many films it would work with or what other materials could even be used for other films.

How about leather face? Perfect for the Texas Chain Saw release :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
I agree most releases will be ok but if I remember correctly Plain Archive also use Shopify and the one very high demand release they had as in Zero Dark Thirty tested it to the fullest
I got a one click that day by luck I think

Shopify It is a better system and I would have liked Novamedia used that system instead of Magneto
A lot smother website checkout system for a high demand fast sell out releases

A real test of shopify would be a very high demand marvel release

You have to remember that Shopify is a tiered system as well - so if the person paying the fees for the system, goes for the cheaper option, it could potentially be underpowered.

If they are paying for a more robust store front, shopify gives you beefier servers as well.

If I was the retailer, however, I wouldn't go for the more expensive plans unless I knew I was going to have a ton of Marvel releases - to use your example.

Reactions: paulboland
There will be a second round of pre orders @apsmith21 for some stock they hold back on the first pre order

I imagine they will let you know on social media before that happens

Hopefully you can get one then

I loved the FS from the beginning so thats what I went for now.
The leather is an awesome idea but I don't really like the big heads. And with limiting myself to just one edition the regular FS won :thumbs:

Glad everybody got what they wanted. Congrats again to MantaLab for doing an awesome job since the first release :thumbs: