The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 5) [Hong Kong]

Which edition(s) will you be buying?

• Total voters

SteelCollz

Premium Supporter
May 25, 2015
Germany
Release date: June 16, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Full Slip - Lenticular PET - One Click - (Pre-order at 8 PM, on May 5, HKT, GMT+8 - Check your local timings HERE)
Price: $38.99 (Individual editions) - $123.99 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenticular Full Slip - Lenticular PET - One Click
Notes: WEA. 2100 numbered copies. Full Gloss + Embossing. More details under spoiler tag.

18157051_1372746092835495_9182145239732088690_n.jpg 18157091_1372746096168828_5871516518452681261_n.jpg 18157604_1372746089502162_7730521000641978956_n.jpg 18119351_1372746302835474_2887833178263518948_n.jpg 17992153_1372746286168809_786681521708471527_n.jpg
18221584_1380702042039900_1781476131959294132_n.jpg

300038-203a25437f4b8661029990b097d98aa8.jpg
300039-896dd3293b8aee7b5d912d80835d1953.jpg
17917279_1361707570606014_6637736914392279813_o.jpg
18118835_1372746209502150_4628243383094602917_n.jpg

Goodies include a full sized booklet, Post Card (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Manta Lab brand rubber coaster (Single Edition, One Click), Exclusive Manta Lab brand card holder (One Click)
Effects:
- Full Slip: Spot Glossy + Spot Scratch Resistance Coating + Embossing
- Lenticular Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip (PET): Exclusive Manta Lab Lenticular Slip in full sided 3D lenticular.
- One Click Leather Case - Walter Mitty wallet themed faux leather case + Heat pressed debossing on title and Life Magazine moto on the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that it's not easy to just do an exclusive Steelbook release for any movie they want... that decision is down to the studios. Who knows, maybe John had gone through some other titles before Walter Mitty and they all got turned down... probably not though. :p

Personally I'm glad to see this getting special treatment and like that Manta are taking risks with these types of films... hopefully not for the last time either! Would love any of those you mentioned @Flloydo, especially Vanilla Sky. :thumbs:

The owner of Twilight Time basically admitted that the movies his company releases are based on movies that HE likes. So I think that does go into the decision making.

It's defo a mix of both, and I suppose once you gain a reputation you get more free roam and are able to reccomend titles a lot more but then studios do approach these retailers too. Also some studios I image won't listen and will tell you what they want you to release etc (cough cough fox)

Zavvi stated a few years back that they get to choose some and other times studios come to them - I know they are not premium but still have exclusives

And noodles - to your other part of you message. I hope these studios don't stop either but for me personlly there are better titles in that area than this title but then that's just my opinion. I mean let's face it, it's a decent film but it's no eternal sunshine or lost in translation

I imagine manta have a list and it's what ever gets ticked off that list they work on and if a studio comes to them with a idea and they are happy they will do it. But manta seem completely free roam from the start to me. Especially the way they design slips and the prototypes we've seen (BvS)

They are working on more anyway - I got told the other day ;)

It's defo a mix of both, and I suppose once you gain a reputation you get more free roam and are able to reccomend titles a lot more but then studios do approach these retailers too. Also some studios I image won't listen and will tell you what they want you to release etc (cough cough fox)

Zavvi stated a few years back that they get to choose some and other times studios come to them - I know they are not premium but still have exclusives

And noodles - to your other part of you message. I hope these studios don't stop either but for me personlly there are better titles in that area than this title but then that's just my opinion. I mean let's face it, it's a decent film but it's no eternal sunshine or lost in translation

I imagine manta have a list and it's what ever gets ticked off that list they work on and if a studio comes to them with a idea and they are happy they will do it. But manta seem completely free roam from the start to me. Especially the way they design slips and the prototypes we've seen (BvS)

Lost in Translation... that HAS to happen! :wow:

Yeah, no doubt. So far I've been impressed with their choices, so I look forward to seeing what else they have planned.

Hopefully you can tell us more soon! :watch:;)

Reactions: Flloydo
Lost in Translation... that HAS to happen! :wow:

Yeah, no doubt. So far I've been impressed with their choices, so I look forward to seeing what else they have planned.

Hopefully you can tell us more soon! :watch:;)

Ha, I can't say sh*t.

I just know they are working on more :whistle: ;)

He emailed me the morning Mitty was announced but I see the email
After I see the thread on here

Yeah lost in translation is a must

I never begrudge an odd title release (though I will arch an eyebrow, and say "wha?!").
I always try to be happy for the folks who DO love that film, and for them - this is very cool.
I need to put out that good karma, in the hopes that one of the odd duck films I love, might get the same treatment.
:thumbs:

I never begrudge an odd title release (though I will arch an eyebrow, and say "wha?!").
I always try to be happy for the folks who DO love that film, and for them - this is very cool.
I need to put out that good karma, in the hopes that one of the odd duck films I love, might get the same treatment.
:thumbs:

Imagine if coherence is announced!!!!:woot:

I think me and you would scream like little girls lol

Reactions: C.C. 95
Read all the post and can't quite believe some are finding this release crappy. o_O I have been wishing for a steel treatment for this beautiful movie since it came out in 2013. I would have been okay with a standard steelbook edition though.. Nonetheless, if the only way to get one is through exclusive release, then count me in the preorder. This is a definite purchase for 2017. I hope the end product will do justice, Manta! :thumbs:

P.S.
Yes, Edge of Tomorrow is an excellent film and so as Fight Club. But those titles had steelbook releases already. I am not saying options are bad, but I always prefer news about decent movies getting a steel treatment for the FIRST time.

Read all the post and can't quite believe some are finding this release crappy. o_O I have been wishing for a steel treatment for this beautiful movie since it came out in 2013. I would have been okay with a standard steelbook edition though.. Nonetheless, if the only way to get one is through exclusive release, then count me in the preorder. This is a definite purchase for 2017. I hope the end product will do justice, Manta! :thumbs:

P.S.
Yes, Edge of Tomorrow is an excellent film and so as Fight Club. But those titles had steelbook releases already. I am not saying options are bad, but I always prefer news about decent movies getting a steel treatment for the FIRST time.

I agree with what our saying and it's all subjective to taste at the end of the day. you clearly love this film where for me I think it's okay. This is also why I mentioned those 7 or 8 films on the the last page, all great films (IMO) that haven't had steel releases and as deserving as this (some of them more than this IMO)

I think some were expecting to collect every exclusive release from manta hoping they would love every release (myself included - even though I knew one day i wouldn't be happy with their choice) and judging by the last 4 they put a lot of hard work and love into them

But I'm not 100% blowing this out, I'll wait for the slips and extras to decide if it's worth the money. On the off chance they go with boring slip designs then no, it won't be worth it for me

American Beauty. Needs.to.happen.

Yes!

Fully agree, should of actually added that to my list.

I'm dying for someone to release inherent vice, changeling & adaptation too

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
Another film I've got to watch before preorder time. I bet Manta will do something amazing and envelope pushing with this release, as always.

I hope they find a place for Kristin Wiig on the back of a slip or at least in the inside art, not just art and/or character cards and booklet.

I know it's Stiller's movie but I usually find it boring if one person is featured on both the front and back of the slips and the steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Really enjoyed the movie, and if the treatment is good, will be looking forward to getting this one

Reading the comments, looks like it won't sell out fast, which is a bonus for me too

But, honestly hope that this release eventually sells out, glad manta tries some different movies for their releases

I hope they find a place for Kristin Wiig on the back of a slip or at least in the inside art, not just art and/or character cards and booklet.

I know it's Stiller's movie but I usually find it boring if one person is featured on both the front and back of the slips and the steel.
Agreed! She was much a part of the film as Stiller, so it'd be nice to see her feature somewhere on the package. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
This is one of those films that I took a chance on and got the dvd back when it was released and immediately regretted not getting it on blu-ray instead :banghead::facepalm:
Can't wait to see what Manta pulls out with this, but whatever it is...

• Thanks
Reactions: Chee_Kno and milky
i may be down for this one, i thought this movie was exceptional and such a fun watch. great soundtrack and i've always been a stiller fan, so

i might let myself splurge and get this one if it looks awesome