The Voices (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Films) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: 13 July, 2015 (Live Thurs May 21 mid-day)
Purchase link:
Zavvi,
Amazon.
Price: £17.99

steel.jpg

Confirmed earlier today via Arrow's twitter feed:

Watch out for a strictly limited edition #TheVoices Fridge #Steelbook coming to the UK on July 13

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilms/status/592978657943101440

Maybe something like this?

the-voices-poster03.jpg

My favourite film of last year - I am so in for this one!

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by a moderator:
No, haven't watched the video.

No debossed title - one less reason to buy this.

EDIT: Just watched the video in which it looks a lot better than the in-hand picture just seen.

I think what has happened, if I'm not mistaken, is that the pale colour on the back has been carried over to the front on the mock-up whereas in reality the back and front are two different colours.

I await in hand pics from @paulboland at his earliest convenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
It don't like the movie enough to buy the Steelbook but thanks to whoever created the HDN video and put the O'Jays in the background :drool: Big Philadelphia International fan here and just put O'Jays Indentify Yourself vinyl in my player :headphone:

7aRG17VMgsGek.gif

Sorry for off topic but music got me excited :oohyeah:

Is it just me, or do you, and others ever thing how great it would be if they made custom steelbooks for different titles - like this having a real recessed chrome handle to actually open it with?
I must admit... something like that has never crossed my mind before, although it would be cool! I'm not sure how they'd get it work on a steelbook though, and it'd probably make it more expensive unfortunately.

Reactions: JackRegan
I must admit... something like that has never crossed my mind before, although it would be cool! I'm not sure how they'd get it work on a steelbook though, and it'd probably make it more expensive unfortunately.

Indeed, bound to be more expensive on intital thought.

Then again, on the basis that they turn these things out for very little in the first place, and seeing that some of them go down to perhaps £5-99, then they could likely do custom ones at £14-99, make a profit and likely sell out every time due to the fact that they are all different.

Reactions: Noodles
Is this worth a blind buy at €20?

Peter Bradshaw in The Guardian, who is about as good a critic as you can get, said, quote: 'It is an overwhelmingly dislikable film, an intensely unscary and unfunny horror-comedy about a serial killer played by Ryan Reynolds on his most irritating form . . . .The film efficiently succeeds in being nasty in a boring and depressing way.'

Peter Bradshaw gave The Voices 1 Star, yet gave Tammy 3 Stars... I don't trust his judgment.

Six weeks is my guesstimation.
That is taking into account the film, which more than a few critics have labelled unfunny, unscary and unwatchable.
Waiting for the usual first class pics from @paulboland for a possible change of mind about the steelbook itself.

Last edited:
Six weeks is my guesstimation.
That is taking into account the film, which more than a few critics have labelled unfunny, unscary and unwatchable.
Waiting for the usual first class pics from @paulboland for a possible change of mind about the steelbook itself.
Actually the movie has received some pretty good reviews, more positive than negative. I thought it was a well made Black comedy and Reynolds is excellent in it.

Reactions: dfoles
Just going by what I've read.
However, in the interest of balance, maybe some quotes from positive reviews of this film could be posted. I'm afraid to say that I personally struggled to find any worth quoting.
"Cult film" can be taken both ways as we know and does not always make a film any more watchable.