The Voices (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Films) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: 13 July, 2015 (Live Thurs May 21 mid-day)
Purchase link:
Zavvi,
Amazon.
Price: £17.99

steel.jpg

Confirmed earlier today via Arrow's twitter feed:

Watch out for a strictly limited edition #TheVoices Fridge #Steelbook coming to the UK on July 13

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilms/status/592978657943101440

Maybe something like this?

the-voices-poster03.jpg

My favourite film of last year - I am so in for this one!

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why Arrow didn't make this their exclusive. It's not like they need help selling only 2000 copies. Does anyone know how well this is selling? Wondering if I should keep my order or wait for £9.99.
Arrow are saying its selling well how true that is I cant say for sure

Its different with this one as its not a Arrow Video release
Its a Arrow Films release the main label of the company itself which is Arrow Films
Arrow Films most of the time is towards cinema distribution and then as a company they have different labels as in Arrow Video or Arrow Academy etc that they do distribution for

This release is Arrow Films first steelbook other steelbooks have been from Arrow Video
Costs involved were most likely shared between Arrow Films and Zavvi like it was when Arrow Video had 5 Zavvi Exclusives last year
Arrow said the last time those steelbooks would not have happened if they had not had costs shared

Its also not the usual type of film we expect to see a steelbook happen so for their first steelbook be good idea not to do the release themselves but as a deal with another retailer

What's good about this is its the first gloss steelbook from Arrow so hopefully we might see future Arrow Video steelbooks have a gloss finish
In saying that Arrow Video matte steelbooks were mostly very good quality ones

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
As I understand it from the mock up this steelbook is two shades of white.
In the first in hand photo it appears to be two shades of grey.
In the second photo there's so much sunlight hitting it that it's difficult to gain further information.
No 'bossing of any kind which is a shame as embossing to the chrome work on the retro fridge door would have been a nice touch.
Mock up don't show any white were you get that idea from
Its more a light pink with 2 shades of very light pink mix with silver chrome on the handles in the mock up

Last edited:
Decided to cancel, like the film but indie movies just don't sell out (probs jinxed myself there) so will wait for what I consider will be the inevitable price drop.

Two shades of white?
Two shades of grey?
Two shades of pink?
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Whatever colour it proves to be, cancelled my copy last week . . .

Two shades of white?
Two shades of grey?
Two shades of pink?
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
The film has a pink theme through out the film that's why the steelbook would be pink but it is a very light pink not a strong pink
More stronger use of pink that's used on other areas of the steelbook and jcard to blend with the rest of the steelbook

This is a steelbook that will need to be seen fully unsealed to get a better idea of the colour and gloss finish

Those that keep their steelbooks sealed will not see it at it best and photos will make it look a bit dull as a result

As soon as I get delivery I will unseal the steelbook and take photos with flash and without flash and different angles of the steelbook

Last edited:
I wonder why Arrow didn't make this their exclusive. It's not like they need help selling only 2000 copies. Does anyone know how well this is selling? Wondering if I should keep my order or wait for £9.99.
I've seen at least 2 updates telling us 'its selling like hot cakes' yet they threw it in with a promotion for money off when you buy another title. So I'd take it that they're struggling to shift this.

I might be wrong but I can't see it selling out before a price drop.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
There's an ad for this in the latest issue of Empire, in which it says "Exclusive to Zavvi for a limited period". Doesn't say how long that period is but I assume other retailers will get whatever's left over when it ends. Ordered with a discount code but might cancel, as it's still considerably more expensive than the 10 quid (at Amazon) amaray.

Thanks in advance to @paulboland for photos which I'm looking forward to seeing.

If this is really pink I would consider buying it as pink steelbooks are a definite rarity on my shelves - I can only see one (KUNG FU HUSTLE) and that is more a shocking pink than this washed out pink.

However - would not consider it for a second @ GBP 18 but would consider it @ GBP 12.

It's harder than you would imagine to sell 2000 copies. I don't believe Arrow will have that many customers who use their online store. Giving it to Zavvi gives it more exposure as a lot more Steelbook collectors use their site. Arrow have had a couple of editions that were limited to 1000 copies and were only available from their store and they took a while to sell out. I'm sure it will be faster if it's available from Zavvi.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paulboland
It's harder than you would imagine to sell 2000 copies. I don't believe Arrow will have that many customers who use their online store. Giving it to Zavvi gives it more exposure as a lot more Steelbook collectors use their site. Arrow have had a couple of editions that were limited to 1000 copies and were only available from their store and they took a while to sell out. I'm sure it will be faster if it's available from Zavvi.

If you have a chance please advise which were the two limited to 1,000 only available as Arrow exclusives and not available anywhere else.

I like to think that I have most of their Blu-ray releases (including Arrow Academy) except for the overpriced 'Blood and Black Lace' steelbook.

If you have a chance please advise which were the two limited to 1,000 only available as Arrow exclusives and not available anywhere else.

I like to think that I have most of their Blu-ray releases (including Arrow Academy) except for the overpriced 'Blood and Black Lace' steelbook.
Arrow have had a few releases that were not steelbooks but were limited to 1,000 that's what he might be on about
I have one its the film Hellgate limited to 1,000
The other one was Hell Comes to Frogtown limited to 1,000
There was also a few of the Slipboxes releases that were limited to 500 and some were 1,000

Last edited:
Reactions: virkia and Sigill
Arrow have had a few releases that were not steelbooks but were limited to 1,000 that's what he might be on about
I have one its the film Hellgate limited to 1,000
The other one was Hell Comes to Frogtown limited to 1,000
There was also a few of the Slipboxes releases that were limited to 500 and some were 1,000

Thank you for that - was getting worried in case I'd missed any over the years.

I was talking about Lisa And The Devil and Black Sunday, they were special edition Slipboxes that were limited to 1000. @paulboland is right, there have been a few others that have also been limited and they have took fairly long to sell out. It might be because they are Amarays but I still think Steelbooks would have the same problem.

well just being doing some zavvi maintenance just cancelled this as is out next week and not sold out on pre-order at all.

think as others have said this is struggling to sell and price drop will come to be honest, if not i can live without it!

basil :thumbs:

Ohhh an email to say it's dispatched and will arrive before or on the 14th....

Looking forward to watching this.