The Voices (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Films) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: 13 July, 2015 (Live Thurs May 21 mid-day)
Purchase link:
Zavvi,
Amazon.
Price: £17.99

steel.jpg

Confirmed earlier today via Arrow's twitter feed:

Watch out for a strictly limited edition #TheVoices Fridge #Steelbook coming to the UK on July 13

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilms/status/592978657943101440

Maybe something like this?

the-voices-poster03.jpg

My favourite film of last year - I am so in for this one!

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Mr Bradshaw is an obnoxious and abusive reviewer. In fact that review makes it sound as if Ryan bumped into Peter once and he has been contemplating his demise ever since.

Just to give an impression of this reviewer:

Terminator Genisys - 1 star (It really wasn't that bad)
John Wick - 2 stars (Nothing wrong with this film, I thought)
Get Hard - 3 stars (WHAT)
Jupiter Ascending - 3 stars (Oh, come on...)
Kingsman - 2 stars (That's it, I'm convinced. This guy has brain damage)

I suggest you write to Peter Bradshaw directly at his Guardian email address. I'm sure he will be very interested to hear that he is, apparently 'Obnoxious and abusive, and 'has brain damage'.

PB as a reviewer has been at it far too long too grind axes. He is also allowed an opinion - unlike reviewers employed by many of the right wing rags who are basically told what to think and what to write as they are in the pay of the studios. as, indeed, are the majority of the film magazines. The only truly independent voice there is Sight and Sound which as you may know is a wing of the BFI.

On the whole PB is never very far away from the general consensus whether you happen to like it or not.
If you care to look at the averages of most of his reviews you will find this is actually the case. In fact, most of the time, you will find he is actually rather kinder than most critics.
Plenty of reviewers gave Jupiter Ascending and Get Hard just one star, for instance.

If you care to look at the averages of most of his reviews you will find this is actually the case. In fact, most of the time, you will find he is actually rather kinder than most critics.
Plenty of reviewers gave Jupiter Ascending and Get Hard just one star, for instance.
I can't comment on Terminator Genisys or Get Hard as I haven't seen either, but IMO he's way off on Kingsman and he thought Jupiter Ascending was better than John Wick? Uhh?

Jupiter Ascending is around a 2.5 out of 5 film if you can cope with the pure cheese and some of the drivel it contains.
But John Wick is somewhere between 3.5 to 4. Kingsman 4 to 4.5. Both in my opinion, and the so called publicly available general consensus as you put it.

I suggest you write to Peter Bradshaw directly at his Guardian email address. I'm sure he will be very interested to hear that he is, apparently 'Obnoxious and abusive, and 'has brain damage'.

PB as a reviewer has been at it far too long too grind axes. He is also allowed an opinion - unlike reviewers employed by many of the right wing rags who are basically told what to think and what to write as they are in the pay of the studios. as, indeed, are the majority of the film magazines. The only truly independent voice there is Sight and Sound which as you may know is a wing of the BFI.

On the whole PB is never very far away from the general consensus whether you happen to like it or not.
Or - and bear with me here - I could go one better and disregard the opinion of this twonk altogether and watch the film myself.

It alarms me that a film that has scores of 6.3 and 71% / 55% on IMDb and RT respectively has garnered just 1 star and a frankly damning and outright hateful review from this guy. I worry how much of an audience this film lost because of his review.

It only takes one major difference in opinion to write off a reviewer. And this guy managed it multiple times.

Back on topic anyway. I loved this film, great performance from Reynolds and I rather like my steelbook that arrived a few days ago.

Reactions: psychoscot
why did no one post in this thread to say so??
for £14.39 i would have pulled the trigger, hopefully now amazon have it as well price will come down

basil :thumbs:
I posted it in the 'back in stock/price drop' thread at the time.

This, X-men Days Of Future Past-Rogue Cut and Grindhouse.

It's also post #186 on page 10 of this thread :rolleyes: :rofl:

It's actually still a valid offer if you click through on the link I provided in post #186 :thumbs:

http://m.zavvi.de/offers/steelbooks...hgemail&utm_content=TCMemail&widget_id=100950

Use code STEELBOOK20

Last edited:
He is also allowed an opinion - unlike reviewers employed by many of the right wing rags who are basically told what to think and what to write as they are in the pay of the studios. as, indeed, are the majority of the film magazines.

You think writers for the Guardian aren't told what to say??? LMFAO!!!!! "I work in the media" They 100% are as bad as the more right wing papers only coming from the other end lol. Bradshaw is a complete idiot who often DOES have an axe to grind and is quite often told to attack films that don't fit The Guardians leftist views. His reviews are no worse or better than those in the Sunday Times which often praises arthouse and difficult films while panning blockbusters. Every media outlet no matter whether left or right is given backhanders on many things including films. If you think the Guardian says whatever it wants you are seriously mistaken, it does have an agenda and has backers financially making sure it sticks to that agenda. His film reviews are not impartial!

I got this in the mail today. A little darker (not as bright cream) but still a good color. Really looking forward to watching this

That exclusive deal didn't last long lol. Always was a strange release, Arrow were going to sell it direct and only 500 copies, then Zavvi bought rights and made 2000 copies, now they've shared with Amazon one week after release

maybe it was all a marketing ploy. maybe they always intended it to be sold across all outlets, but drip fed it to maximize panic ordering.

its this type of BS that makes me glad i held off buying. if i would have bought upfront at arrow, i would feel very mislead right now.

It mustn't be doing very well at all when zavvi had 20% off it for 24hrs a day or two after release. That was a kick in the nuts to anyone who preordered.

Isn't this always the dilemma facing both the manufacturer, retailers and collectors? Releasing in lower quantities becomes less cost effective, so higher prices are charged and the product becomes more collectable. As has been pointed out elsewhere in these forums, 2000 limits are pretty much the minimum amount to please everyone, but even then this doesn't guarantee a sold out title (the vast amounts of steelbooks constantly appearing in Zavvi flash sales is testament to this). I also collect movie soundtracks, and these are often released in limited quantities, but realistically the demand for these very rarely exceeds the numbers; manufacturers aren't stupid. I'm willing to bet that, had this release remained as a 500 run Arrow exclusive, this would have sold out and we'd all be saying what a fantastic steelbook it was (which I believe it is, by the way). As it is this may well end up taking some time to sell out, with many price changes. To quote William Goldman, "In Hollywood, nobody knows anything"

Reactions: Norwichlad
Just checked this thread randomly. ....and ended up ordering, a big thank you to those who posted the price drop, has to be one of the biggest and quickest drops ever......