The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is dedicated to talking about the McFarlane "The Walking Dead" figures (and statues). There's someone very well connected in this thread. ;)

Purchase here

Intro.jpg

This Fall The Walking Dead comes to the toy store with McFarlane Toys action figures of Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Biter and Zombie Walker. Available for purchase November 2011.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-mcfarlane-action-figures/intro.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I prefered him when he went a but crazy:rofl:

That's must have been awesome :notworthy: did you get anything signed?
It was. We got to talk to them for a while and got to hug them too. :drool: They were really lovely! I got some signed photos which i have framed as well as in an album.:D

Amazing news.

I always felt like @spawnshop was a 5" fan but, like all of us, has a job and just had to handle business whether he was fully onboard with the decision or not.

So great to know that Aaron, Sasha and now Negan (and an updated Glenn) are on their way!

Very appreciative that the collecting community was listened to, and that McF worked with Walgreens to revive the line. It isn't often a company backtracks based on fan feedback, so I do want to give credit to the company for being willing to switch gears even if it wasn;t the original plan.

My biggest wants for the future: Rosita, Jesus, Tara, Shane, Lori...and on the walker side I'd still like to see a Walker Sophia (and a Walker Shane). Both had huge moments on the show.

Anyway - it's a happy day here! Amazing news.

Thanks for the continuation of the 5" line. Will definitely get Aaron, Sasha, and I'm stoked about Negan / Glenn 2 pack. Hopefully you can find a way to squeeze out Rosita, Jesus, Dwight and Ezekiel. The head sculpt on the Constable Rick is fantastic btw.

Looking forward to Jesus, Carl and Negan in the 7" line too.

One question, Is the comic line continuing? Things have been fairly quiet on that front for a while now.

Hey there @spawnshop - yeah...I'm not sure I articulated that exactly how I intended. No shade intended on your thoughts about 7" (sincerely). I meant that I never got the sense you wanted 5" to go away. :)

Yeah, i love the 5" series. I have every single finger we ever made, including all the variants. Been a true fan of that series since day 1 :)

Reactions: kassle
Ah man, you guys at MF are pretty weird.
FIrst you disapoint us 5inch collectors by canceling the line.... mega-negative !
Then you realized it what indeed a mistake and come back at least with a few exclusive new figures... super positive !!
At TF2017 you even you surpised us with an upcoming Negan/Glenn... out-of-this-universe positive !!!!!!
and then...
you come up with something like that ???

Exclusive: McFarlane Toys Debuts Brand New Walking Dead Figures

AMC’s The Walking Dead Hero 3-Pack
The trio of Michonne, Rick, and Daryl have lead the other survivors through many perilous situations. Despite their very different backgrounds, the three share an unspoken bond protecting the other survivors, as well as themselves, from walkers and other enemies looking to thwart their livelihood.
•Three fully posable 5-inch figures of Michonne, Rick, and Daryl from based off scenes from Season 7of AMC’s The Walking Dead™
•Features Michonne's katana and sheath, Rick's colt python assault rifle, and Daryl's crossbow and knife
•Spectacular likeness of Michonne, Rick, and Daryl taken from 3D scans of actors Danai Gurira, Andrew Lincoln, & Norman Reedus
•AMC’s The Walking Dead™ themed window box packaging prominently
MSRP: $29.99
Available: June, exclusively at Walmart
michonnerickdaryl-figures-720-237345.jpg

very, very disapointed !!!
Please explain me, what exactly is her BRAND NEW ? Where in SEASON 7 did you see them dressed like this ? Old figures with little blood splatter ?? Nope, the perfect wrong way
At least one of them should have been realy new, like Michonne really dressed in S7, or Daryl dressed as Negans prisoner

Last edited:
I'm never opposed to figures getting rereleased. Its a great way to bring new people into the fold. A good way for people who didn't want Daryl's bike too.

Although I am not excited about that hero-pack, I just wondered if there would be a walker-packor a villian pack too ?
will be straight repacks too, I guess :/

@spawnshop really excited about all the TV series figures that are coming out this year and so pleased that the 5" line is continuing in this way. The figures look such good quality. Just wondering if we will be getting more comic series releases this year also as was starting to get into collecting this line also.

Reactions: kassle
@spawnshop

Just saw the season7 finale, and here I come with some 5" ideas you should throw up at your next McF meetings ;)

Ezekiel w/ Shiva deluxe set
Sasha walker w/ trunk
Maggie & Jesus
Dwight & Simon
Jadis & Spike walker
and we definatly need a walker multpack, either with 3 random generic walkers or prominent ones like Teddy Girl, Sophia, Metal Head, Church Lady...

Reactions: spawnshop