Multi The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
The-Walking-Dead5.png

Based on Robert Kirkman’s groundbreaking comic book series, The Walking Dead is a five part episodic Adventure Horror game that will be available for digital download this spring for all major gaming platforms.

the-walking-dead-the-game-20120214054650780_640w.jpg

Telling the story of a new group of survivors as they struggle to flee the horror of Atlanta and the surrounding communities consumed by the undead, The Walking Dead offers players the chance to experience the very first days of the apocalypse.

the-walking-dead-the-game-20120214054659442_640w.jpg

Dan Connors, Telltale co-founder and CEO said:​
Telltale has always believed in sharing and interacting with our fans as much as possible as we head towards the launch of a game and Playing Dead is an exciting evolution of that process. I don’t think any other developer or publisher has created anything quite like this before and we really hope that people will enjoy it.

Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead added:​
What’s really exciting is that they’re telling a new story with new characters, so you’ll get to see the same world Rick Grimes did, but now from a different point of view

Here's a teaser trailer for the game...

Attachments

• walkingdead.jpg
    walkingdead.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,416
Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus...

It's all doom and gloom in Episode 3. I bloody knew from the beginning that it was Ben who was sneaking food to the others... wish you were able to out him straight away so Carley didn't get shot! Or maybe you are able to save her? Guess I'll find out when I play it through a second time. :D

Uh-oh! I don't know if I should tell you or just let you find out on your own. :ohno:

Uh-oh! I don't know if I should tell you or just let you find out on your own. :ohno:
Hmm well, I wrote that literally right before I'd completed Ep 3 (I wasn't aware how close I was to the end at the time of posting it) and in the stats it said nothing about...

...saving Carley/Ben, so I figure it's not possible to choose who survives. :(

TellTale will be releasing their The Walking Dead on disc this fall (tentative release date: October 23rd) as spotted on Gamestop's Web site as well as Canada's Amazon site. It will retail for $29.99.

View attachment 15290

Source: PlayStation Lifestyle
The release date has now been confirmed to be December 4th for NA, while it's still to be confirmed for EU.

Reactions: tridon
Jesus...

It's all doom and gloom in Episode 3. I bloody knew from the beginning that it was Ben who was sneaking food to the others... wish you were able to out him straight away so Carley didn't get shot! Or maybe you are able to save her? Guess I'll find out when I play it through a second time. :D

I thought the same thing. That was a ridiculously emotional episode. Definitely stays true to the nature of the comic series where
your favourite characters are being pegged off left and right. Sad about Carly. I think her as a character. Not too many originals left in the group now, that's for sure.

Reactions: Noodles
Here's the trailer for Episode 4, but be warned... there may be spoilers from past episodes!

The trailer for Episode 4 is hidden in this video (skip to the 13:00 mark), but be warned... there may be spoilers from past episodes!

Not sure whether I'm excited for Episode 4 yet or not. It looks alright... definitely different than the last three episodes. Then again, each episode's definitely felt different from the last, so it's a continuing theme. I've gotta say, I really don't like
those two new characters (the whinny guy and the bitchy woman).

Reactions: ocielz
Not sure whether I'm excited for Episode 4 yet or not. It looks alright... definitely different than the last three episodes. Then again, each episode's definitely felt different from the last, so it's a continuing theme. I've gotta say, I really don't like
those two new characters (the whinny guy and the bitchy woman).
Haha I'm not keen on them either mate. My excitement after seeing that trailer isn't as high as what it was for the previous episodes, so I have to agree with you there also. I'm sure it'll be just as good as the others once we finally get around to playing it though. :)

'Episode Four: Around Every Corner' will be available Tuesday October 9th on PSN in the US and Wednesday October 10th on XBLA, PC/MAC. International dates for PSN are to be confirmed through our partners, and we will update with news on the release dates as soon as we can.
Yay for US. :D

Boo for EU. :(

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
I've only played the Episode 1 demo, and if I'm honest, I had a few concerns, though I'm looking forward to the full game release and spending some more in time playing. For those who've played through the current episode release, what seems to be the verdict; is it as immersive as the comic series?

I've only played the Episode 1 demo, and if I'm honest, I had a few concerns, though I'm looking forward to the full game release and spending some more in time playing. For those who've played through the current episode release, what seems to be the verdict; is it as immersive as the comic series?
What were your concerns mate? I haven't read the comics, but if they're as good as this game, then I'm definitely missing out!

News just in... The Walking Dead: Episode 4 launches in EU on 17th October. :D

I played though Episode 4 last night and while it was still very good, I was right -- it is the weakest episode so far (in my opinion). It had a lot of great parts, but I don't know... I just didn't straight-up enjoy it like the first three. Maybe it's the fact that I don't care for the new characters being introduced as much as the original cast, who knows? It had one hell of a cliffhanger ending, though, and they didn't show a preview for Episode 5 at the end, so that either means that they can't show anything without giving any spoilers away or that they're far off from completing it. Being that this is TellTale, I'll put my money on the latter. Either way, I have a good idea of where the final episode will go now, so it'll be interesting to play through that.

Speaking of interesting, I was reading an interview with TellTale recently (I forget where), and they were asked about the upcoming disc release of the TWD game. While talking about it, they kept referring to it as Season One... soooo, maybe they're planning a second season in the future? After the success of this one, I definitely wouldn't be surprised. If they do develop a second season, though, I hope they clear up the problems from this season, such as the hardcore glitches (Episode 4 had plenty of those and I had to restart it twice) and the sporadic release schedule (there's no reason why North America and the U.K. can't receive the game on the same day). I guess time will tell... I will say, though, I'd definitely be more excited for a Season Two from TellTale than the upcoming TWD first-person shooter from Activision.

****, didn't realize ep 4 was out, but then again I've been really busy playing Borderlands 2, when I get home from work.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Still haven't started these, but I have decided that i'm going to hold off until 5 is released. I've waited this long I can wait a few more months... lol. I'm REALLY excited to play them though, I really enjoy TellTale games!

Gamestop in the U.S. will exclusively be releasing a Special Collector's Edition for the disc-based version of this game.

View attachment 17876

It'll include the 1000-page Compendium that collects the first 48 issues of the comic series and the game, both having exclusive cover art by WD artist Charlie Adlard. They'll be collected within a nice, fancy box.

Reactions: ocielz and Noodles