The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary) (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 1st, 2013
Buy Link: Bestbuy.com
Amazon.com (Release date Nov 25,2014)

945755_10153080164605573_1187913231_n.jpg

Actual pictures (courtesy of urbeenjammin):

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
This turned out to be quite a surprise! The resolution of the picture is top quality.Glossy finish all the way.Very appropriate to as far as the whole illustration from outside to the inside.Very clever with the wrap around continuous design on the outside covers.
Having said all of this,it is a Metalpak.Everyone knows i resell on ebay...lol
I had to go through 10 copies to find a couple that appeared mint thru the sealed wrapping.So basically i found no spares to even sell...lol
I'm a loyal steelbook collector but i must say,this needs to be in your collection.Puts "Oblivion" to shame that Walmart released...not even close.
Stores only had 5 copies each where i went and with the frailty of Metalpaks,you would be lucky to find one mint copy.
This is officially RARE!!!
Buyer beware on Ebay,more than 75% of these will have impurities,so be very careful.
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/WOOjpg_zps30572974.jpg
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/WOO1jpg_zps3ddb97f3.jpg
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/WOO2jpg_zps4ea2804d.jpg

This turned out to be quite a surprise! The resolution of the picture is top quality.Glossy finish all the way.Very appropriate to as far as the whole illustration from outside to the inside.Very clever with the wrap around continuous design on the outside covers.
Having said all of this,it is a Metalpak.Everyone knows i resell on ebay...lol
I had to go through 10 copies to find a couple that appeared mint thru the sealed wrapping.So basically i found no spares to even sell...lol
I'm a loyal steelbook collector but i must say,this needs to be in your collection.Puts "Oblivion" to shame that Walmart released...not even close.
Stores only had 5 copies each where i went and with the frailty of Metalpaks,you would be lucky to find one mint copy.
Buyer beware on Ebay,more than 75% of these will have impurities,so be very careful.
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/WOOjpg_zps30572974.jpg
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/WOO1jpg_zps3ddb97f3.jpg
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/WOO2jpg_zps4ea2804d.jpg

Nice to see someone other than me enjoyed this release

There were about 20+ each stores in Three Bestbuys Im At (around Los Angeles Area).

How many Best Buy stores you've been at?

i don't think people realize how much of a beauty this is not having it in their hands.i remember when Oblivion was released and received all the buzz and people flocked to all the walmarts and bought them in bunches.i was one of those who went to walmart and planned on getting a copy.when i got there and saw it in person,it was such a disappointment of a metal case release.having seen both in hand,there is no comparison between the 2...this is a must and i know the value will easily surpass the steelbook release.in fact,i kept an eye on an auction for the canadian version and it only ended up going for around $40.its been averaging around $50-$60.the design on this is so much better,i think in weeks not even months,the value of this metalpak will surpass the steelbook.i wish i had a whole bunch of these but it is merely impossible because of all the problems associated with the nature of the vulnerability of metalpaks.it will be rare indeed to find one in mint and pristine condition.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

There were about 20+ each stores in Three Bestbuys Im At (around Los Angeles Area).

How many Best Buy stores you've been at?

i only ended up going to two locations.but part of the point you're missing is the fact that even if you end up with 20 copies in front of you coming from a total of one store or five stores,the percentages are stacked up against you finding a mint copy.just from the two locations i went to.i quickly relalized this was going to be the case regardless of how many stores i could've ended up going to.

Last edited:
i don't think people realize how much of a beauty this is not having it in their hands.

I disagree, I have a different perception - given that I have ALL Metalpak release. And I think the "Ebay" subject is way out of context at an early 1st day of release

XAGEMETAL_zps7431d254.jpg

i only ended up going to two locations.but part of the point you're missing is the fact that even if you end up with 20 copies in front of you coming from a total of one store or five stores,the percentages are stacked up against you finding a mint copy.just from the two locations i went to.i quickly relalized this was going to be the case regardless of how many stores i could've ended up going to.

Sorry, I disagree with you again on that one. Being a meticulous "collector" I can definitely put an eye on what I want and have 60 selection (from 3 stores - its super easy for Wizard of Oz)

xage2_ironman.jpg

Here is an example of a TRUE Mint Metalpak I own - to the extent I was able to persuade TARGET to maintain it in its Security Shell Case

only time will tell. i told you my story from my location.only a micro percentage mint.i can't speak for your location.can't believe you actually went thru 60 copies at your location.wow! you must've wanted this one pretty bad.
you're in the minority but thats ok.if you took a straw poll.the vast majority will say that metalpaks are very hard to find in a mint condition.so its nothing new that i'm implying here.

only time will tell. i told you my story from my location.only a micro percentage mint.i can't speak for your location.can't believe you actually went thru 60 copies at your location.wow! you must've wanted this one pretty bad.

It is more how stores handle it. And if you are referring to me digging to 60 copies (heck yeah - as I got some additional copies of the same title)

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up today as I forget it was coming out for some reason. Too focused on getting TLM from everywhere.

I really like it, it has some weight behind it as well I noticed. Haven't opened it but from the pictures provided it is very nice. Glad I got it for $24.99 slightly better then $29.99

Last edited:
xage2_ironman.jpg

Here is an example of a TRUE Mint Metalpak I own - to the extent I was able to persuade TARGET to maintain it in its Security Shell Case

Is that really #2 of 30,000! And you actually got it in store? Never saw one lower than the 20,000s lol. Thats awesome.

And you guys are making me want to find a few mint copies of this metalpak lol.

Reactions: Sigill
it will be rare indeed to find one in mint and pristine condition

but part of the point you're missing is the fact that even if you end up with 20 copies in front of you coming from a total of one store or five stores,the percentages are stacked up against you finding a mint copy.just from the two locations i went to.i quickly relalized this was going to be the case regardless of how many stores i could've ended up going to.

There were about a dozen in the Best Buy near my place of work, and all but one or two were pristine. It took me about 10 minutes to decide simply because I was convinced that there had to be some dings, scratches, dents, etc.

I can't speak to the condition of those found in other Best Buy stores around the country, but as far as this one in New York was concerned the odds were stacked up against finding a bad one.

like i said,you have something valuable in your hands.

I wonder about that. I figured that people would have snatched this up really quickly especially in New York City, but it's a day after release and there are still a ton of them there. Aside from the adversity towards MetalPak, I think the main issue is that this is the 3D version of the movie and a) a lot of people seem to have a problem with the studio "daring" to mess with a classic and b) 3D in general is just not doing well on the market... so you've got to find someone interested in a MetalPak versus an official Steelbook, interested in Wizard of Oz AND interested in Wizard of Oz in 3D.

Well it is still up for order online, although backordered. I think BB is pretty good about getting their stock and not overselling... so hopefully these will ship. I ordered a couple just hoping to get a mint one... plus I'm guessing they will ship together in a box and not in the plastic bags..

Is that really #2 of 30,000! And you actually got it in store? Never saw one lower than the 20,000s lol. Thats awesome.

And you guys are making me want to find a few mint copies of this metalpak lol.

Yes, I do own #2 and it so previous - I chose not to have it removed from the security shell

Found some more at another BB today. I must say, I'm really impressed with this metal pak. It has a good weight to it, and it looks like a steelbook other than the spine. Surprisingly enough, the one I picked up didn't have one mark, scratch or dent to the naked eye.

Reactions: Sigill
Found some more at another BB today. I must say, I'm really impressed with this metal pak. It has a good weight to it, and it looks like a steelbook other than the spine. Surprisingly enough, the one I picked up didn't have one mark, scratch or dent to the naked eye.

There might be dents on the back under the j-card.