USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014 (live Sunday
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Available this Halloween season

live.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope this has good artwork, when are they going to get that film fans usually prefer the classic one sheet artwork rather than some 'abstract' arty take of the film. So sick of getting excited for steels lately and then them coming out with some minimalistic arty cr*p for the artwork (house of flying daggers, legend and speed spring to mind). Big trouble in little China is for me the stand out example of how to do a high end steelbook that film fans will love. New and shiny, yet totally eighties and true to the film AND the era the fans love.
This is a classic movie, it needs either the classic movie artwork from the one sheet or the vintage style new art that shout factory used. If this comes out as a red steelbook with a Warhol art print style pair of 3d glasses plonked in the middle it will be an epic fail.

I really hope this has good artwork, when are they going to get that film fans usually prefer the classic one sheet artwork rather than some 'abstract' arty take of the film. So sick of getting excited for steels lately and then them coming out with some minimalistic arty cr*p for the artwork (house of flying daggers, legend and speed spring to mind). Big trouble in little China is for me the stand out example of how to do a high end steelbook that film fans will love. New and shiny, yet totally eighties and true to the film AND the era the fans love.
This is a classic movie, it needs either the classic movie artwork from the one sheet or the vintage style new art that shout factory used. If this comes out as a red steelbook with a Warhol art print style pair of 3d glasses plonked in the middle it will be an epic fail.
I'm a fan and I don't care if they use the original artwork poster as the art. I hope it just looks good.

:thumbs:

Seen this movie once ages ago and really liked it, though i'm surprised its getting a steelbook release i have to say …thought the ”conspiracy theories" contained within wld be too challenging to the average viewer :bag:

Hope they dont mess up the art, otherwise i'm in :thumbs:

Yeah..."OBEY" should be in it somewhere. On my Shout Factory release I have the "BUY" sticker on the slipcover.

Reactions: severo