Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a very nice steelbook but quality control was not the best as I and others got steelbooks with paint chips
When I got my Lenti steelbook and it had paint chips beside the spine of the steelbook and envelope for the art cards was marked

My replacement had worse paint chip on the front of the steelbook and spine was not straight but envelope was fine
The replacement was sent back and I kept the original order and envelope from replacement

Its a fantastic looking steelbook I just would have liked it to be in perfect condition considering the price

Blufans packaging is not the same high standard as Kimchi/Nova
How was the Thor 2 quality control (if you have it)? Any better?

Do you like the back artwork? I'm very unsure about it.

I think the Blufans Thor lenti and front steelbook art and the HMV Thor steelbook back art would be the ideal Thor steelbook for me.

You can actually make that happen if you have both Steelbooks. The mix and matching of Blufans' front cover with HMV's back cover would look see less as they have similar matte finishes. Although, the inner artwork would look VERY strange with a Natalie Portman between two Loki portraits.

Reactions: Ultron96
@Ultron96 I was plagued with bad luck on all the marvel wave besides IM. Thor 2 showed up in mint condition and the steelbook is amazing. I think it is the best out of this matte wave. The spot gloss going from the front, over spine, to the back of his flowing cape is very cool lol.

Reactions: Ultron96
@paulboland

Blufans packaging is not the same high standard as Kimchi/Nova

I noticed a massive increase on packaging from Thor to Thor Dark World. It also doesn't help that Blu Fans don't sell to individual customers. Kimchi/Nova send out individually so things will always be packaged better. With Blufans, they are bubbled wrapped around and then shoved into a box (around 40 steels per box), however like I said I noticed a massive improvement with Thor 2

Not just a massive improvement with the packages, but looking @ Thor 2 lenti and both Thor 1&2 quarter slips, the shrinkwrap and packaging is noticeably better with little to no cosmetic flaws. I have been quite fortunate with most of my Blufans purchases though.

Just got the lenticular version today and it's beautiful! Love how deep the lenti is, bought it opened so there's a couple of scratches here and there but I'm not too bothered. Got ironman as well, now just need to get the rest...

I saw few copies with the cheap shrink wrap and few copies with the cellophane Y-fold seal, which one is a re-seal? or are both legit?

I saw few copies with the cheap shrink wrap and few copies with the cellophane Y-fold seal, which one is a re-seal? or are both legit?

The stuff from dvdeal he just puts them into a yfold slip and seals them. You can order the heat gun and slips for less than $150 and he claims its profesionally done, but he is not a profesional so he is full of ****.

seriously the experience of looking at these pictures of blu-fans steel-books is just a surreal experience.

it makes me wish portable x-ray machine were cheap & safe :whistle: as i don't open mine :rofl: