Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #8) [Korea]

Which artwork you want to see as lenticular ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Audio: English DTS HD 7.1, Chinese, Thai
Subtitle: Korean, English, All Chinese, Portuguese, Thai, Bahasa, Indonesian, Malaysian
Print run: 1K (numbered)
Price: 44.99$
Pre-order link: (Pre-orders were live Feb. 14)
- Lenticular edition: 700 print run (Order Limit 3x PP) - here (Sold out!)
- 1/4 slip edition: 300 print run (Order limit 2x PP)
- here (Sold out!)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

13922039987962494.jpg

13922038446390.jpg

Detail packaging:
- Thor: The Dark World Character art card
- booklet
- Clear full plastic slip (as Thor 2 KR edition) as gift for pre-order bonus
- kimchidvd exclusive sticker
- kimchidvd numbered art card
- 6x art card will be included

Lenticular Artwork for poll:
#1 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect) - confirmed

??1.jpg

#2 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect)
??3.jpg
#3 artwork candidate
??4.jpg

Pre-order Time: Time 8PM (KR) / 11AM UK / 6AM USA(East) / Aus 22PM (south) Click HERE and use dropdown box for your local time

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 785
Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing that keeps me from HAVING to buy this is the fact that there's no matching one for the original thor

it is very nice though and i have still been watchiing every auction

just not pulling the trigger cause it gets too high; besides, i don't even have a thor steel anymore so kinda pointless for me

Reactions: blu-steel
the only thing that keeps me from HAVING to buy this is the fact that there's no matching one for the original thor

it is very nice though and i have still been watchiing every auction

just not pulling the trigger cause it gets too high; besides, i don't even have a thor steel anymore so kinda pointless for me

Did you sell off everything?

My Fellow Ninjas & Ninjettè's,

^I agree.

I've purchased my Kimchi Thor 2 Lenti #094 OCD mint/sealed for $110 from a Ninja right when they came out. It was a price we agreed upon right after pre orders sold out. And I literally jumped at the offer. Confirmation was given on both sides. Fast forward a month or so to release date...the Buzz got louder...in-hand photos went viral and a Big Boom occurred. Word got 'round that this little steelie is just amazing and epic, which it truly is. The best Lenti ever made, they say. I agree. Anyway, I made contact with the Ninja Saint who offered me the $110. He assured me that he Is a Man of His Word, that our agreement was still a lock. He threw in the pre order gift too, which I hadn't even thought to ask about because I was so excited to get hold of a copy.

This strangest feeling came over me when I finally got it in hand....I couldn't open it...i

I've since purchased a second copy from another ninja, mint/sealed $170 and it has been shipped about a week ago. Tracking number still not found :ohno: But I've been told to wait...that it won't show up on tracking until it gets to the US...so I'm checking every day and every night.

Initially, I purchased this second copy with the intent to open and enjoy. But, It has since occurred to me that I may not be able to open this copy either :( lol I will have to see. Might be better to just keep it sealed, because I have multiple copies of this same title and Ive opened one of my BB copies.

Anyway, ^ I don't think this will go down in price. With only 700 copies, the law of supply and demand has been and will stay in affect and pricing for an OCD sealed/mint copy will surly rise regardless of wat ever Blu fans pumps out.

Happy (Steelbook) Hunting my Ninjas & Ninjettè's!

I agree with you can't open my copies and I buy more lol it's something to hold on to so limited pressing and the packaging is just beautiful... even like the imperfection on the sticker where it states exclusive #9 when it's number 8 but when I receive my stickers with the correct number I'm not replacing them, I like this imperfection. Plus the numbering card in the back validates it's exclusive #8. I even love the 1/4 slip, I think they are dismissed too quickly... (I feel the same way with Frozen)...some like to enjoy one copy but I bought one from target with the Loki cover thought it was cool and different and watched that copy. KIMCHI ROCKS !!! value will go up, it might go down at one point but with time their value will go back up.

You guys don't think it's a little bit selfish to have 2 Thor's that you don't plan on opening, when any of us would kill to have just 1 to open? I mean put yourself in our shoes for a second. Having to listen to someone complain about having 2 of them when you have none. What I'm trying to get at is "omg plz sell me one!!!!!??????"

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You guys don't think it's a little bit selfish to have 2 Thor's that you don't plan on opening, when any of us would kill to have just 1 to open? I mean put yourself in our shoes for a second. Having to listen to someone complain about having 2 of them when you have none. What I'm trying to get at is "omg plz sell me one!!!!!??????"

I would be more than happy to help you out, but I only have one 1/4 and one lenti. If I had a spare of either I'd sell it to you at cost because I don't believe in trying to price gouge people. :thumbs:

Last edited:

+1

I would love a copy at a fair 'Ninja' price too :drool:

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches

Selfish? I don't know about that. I work hard, and I buy what I want. I just dont tell me girlfriend how much it costs :hilarious: anyway, brother, i hate to say lt but If you really want one, than you have got to pony up the hard cash like I have. I've spent $110+$170 plus tip and seller fee. Bout $300 for two Lenti copies. If u want one as bad as I do, u have got to earn it.

Last edited:
I really need to go back to work. While I am enjoying the time at home (medical leave from surgery) I am spending too much money:) I treated myself to a copy of this from eBay this weekend. I did a best offer and they countered me back just a few dollars difference so I took it. This one looks too nice to pass up.

I don't need to have it in my collection even for 130$ or 100$ for that matter.
There will be a place and a time where you can get anything you want for the right price for you.
I believe we all work hard to get cash but what we're doing with it is a total different thing. As much as I want to believe that some people would actually pay from their own pockets more than 100$ for a recent steelbook that was just got out, I'm truly sorry for those who didn't get a copy. I'm more sorry for the ones that got more than one copy for themselves and keep posting their pictures to raise enthusiast members to pay their price for them. It's just sad.

Be happy with what you've got and stop bi**hing of what you want but can't have. Anyone got their own stories about this stuff from their personal life. It's just a metal \m/

I treated myself to a copy of this from eBay this weekend. I did a best offer and they countered me back just a few dollars difference so I took it. This one looks too nice to pass up.

Congratulations! Did u get a Lenti? It's worth it, too me anyway. I consider it a grail. It's just unreal in hand. They don't make steels like this too often.

I don't need to have it in my collection even for 130$ or 100$ for that matter.
There will be a place and a time where you can get anything you want for the right price for you.

$100 & $130 for OCD sealed mint Lenti copies is very reasonable IMO. I really hope you find a copy with the "right price for you". Good luck...OR actually, May the will of Almighty God be with you, because it aint gunna happen, chum :D

But honestly, I wouldn't even part with either of my copies even if they offered my $300 a peice. This is easily one of my top 3 and I have a lot :D

I hope I find an Iron Man FS at " the right price for me" :hilarious:

Last edited:
I personally think paying $100/130 for a steelbook the same as the zavvi copy is crazy, I am not opposed to paying a lot if money but I want the steelbook to be different, I do understand that is has the slip and other bits and pieces but am complety happy with futureshop embossed copy but we are all different and appreciate different things which is why there is a market out there.

The Zavvi release is now selling above the £30 mark overtaking every other releases excluding kimchi including the Americas and the rest which is remarkable

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Is that just a UK thing though?

Sorry better phrased as "UK only?"

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyv
I personally think paying $100/130 for a steelbook the same as the zavvi copy is crazy, I am not opposed to paying a lot if money but I want the steelbook to be different, I do understand that is has the slip and other bits and pieces but am complety happy with futureshop embossed copy but we are all different and appreciate different things which is why there is a market out there.

Totally agree. I think I could justify paying extortionate price for this if the steelbook itself was unique one of a kind. But in reality it is the same damn steel as everywhere else and I would effectively be paying 100£ + for the lenticular slip! And no matter how spectacular the slip is (and I freely admit it is superb) I would be crazy to pay that for a slip. So I will stay happy with my bestbuy version. Just my opinion of course. ;)

This is only going to become rarer as time goes on and chances of getting one that wee bit harder at only 700 for the lenti. Prices are crazy, no doubt.

Right, Raj. @700 copies...minus the ones that get opened, minus the shrink wrap defect = the sealed OCD mint copies will command a high price and OCD collectors will have to pay boo koo. I'm thinking, a year from now, it will take a short stack of $100 bills to get hands on one. Thor 2 kimchi lenti too boo koo now? wait a year!

Thanks & Praise to the most high, kimchi the Almighty for the ultra limited.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 61
Congratulations! Did u get a Lenti? It's worth it, too me anyway. I consider it a grail. It's just unreal in hand. They don't make steels like this too often.

$100 & $130 for OCD sealed mint Lenti copies is very reasonable IMO. I really hope you find a copy with the "right price for you". Good luck...OR actually, May the will of Almighty God be with you, because it aint gunna happen, chum :D

But honestly, I wouldn't even part with either of my copies even if they offered my $300 a peice. This is easily one of my top 3 and I have a lot :D

I hope I find an Iron Man FS at " the right price for me" :hilarious:

Do I look worried Mr. Enthusiastic? ;) NO! Hell no.
I'll wait and get my steelbooks on my terms, if I could get a steel in a reasonable price.. I would, that's how I get all of my LE's. Collecting means time and I do collect backwards and not on what will sell out like alot of strangers :hilarious:
Good luck to the ones that get $$$ I say ;) Whatever is good for you. I promise I won't judge