Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #8) [Korea]

Which artwork you want to see as lenticular ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Audio: English DTS HD 7.1, Chinese, Thai
Subtitle: Korean, English, All Chinese, Portuguese, Thai, Bahasa, Indonesian, Malaysian
Print run: 1K (numbered)
Price: 44.99$
Pre-order link: (Pre-orders were live Feb. 14)
- Lenticular edition: 700 print run (Order Limit 3x PP) - here (Sold out!)
- 1/4 slip edition: 300 print run (Order limit 2x PP)
- here (Sold out!)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

13922039987962494.jpg

13922038446390.jpg

Detail packaging:
- Thor: The Dark World Character art card
- booklet
- Clear full plastic slip (as Thor 2 KR edition) as gift for pre-order bonus
- kimchidvd exclusive sticker
- kimchidvd numbered art card
- 6x art card will be included

Lenticular Artwork for poll:
#1 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect) - confirmed

??1.jpg

#2 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect)
??3.jpg
#3 artwork candidate
??4.jpg

Pre-order Time: Time 8PM (KR) / 11AM UK / 6AM USA(East) / Aus 22PM (south) Click HERE and use dropdown box for your local time

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 774
Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine from ebay today. It's as nice as everyone says. The seller even included the pre-order slip.

Yes they do, they are pretty respectful in the sense that they include everything that comes with the exclusive release

happy you got yours

FYI: If you didn't get a copy of Thor Taiwan, you should, it's the nicest 1/4 slip this year along with Frozen Kimchi, it has embossed golden text on the 1/4 slip on... the one you got happy for you BUT the Taiwanese release is not to be missed...it's such a beautiful package.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Tony has just emailed to say that the Thor 2 correction stickers will be shipped with my next order :LOL:

what if we dont order another title for a while? I dont expect I'll be ordering from Kimichi in the next few months. Drive is the only steel I 'think' I may cave on.

Also, would we have to note our next order or let Tony know we want/need the corrected sticker?

Only time will tell. There are still too many on ebay right now. I guess John Rambo Amazon did also not yield up to 1000 Euro one or two months after its release (No, I don't think that Thor 2 Kimchi will ever reach such utopiian prices)

Only time will tell. There are still too many on ebay right now. I guess John Rambo Amazon did also not yield up to 1000 Euro one or two months after its release (No, I don't think that Thor 2 Kimchi will ever reach such utopiian prices)

I do not disagree with your view point. One important thing that helped John Rambo rise to those heights was the lack of a comparable release and unique artwork. Thor 2 as a worldwide release has a huge print run. More so, the steelbook under the slipcover is the same one criticized throughout the forum. I also base my opinions on the fact that we have yet to see what Blufans comes up with in regards to Thor 2. If its different artwork then that would absolutely be a game changer.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I do not disagree with your view point. One important thing that helped John Rambo rise to those heights was the lack of a comparable release and unique artwork. Thor 2 as a worldwide release has a huge print run. More so, the steelbook under the slipcover is the same one criticized throughout the forum. I also base my opinions on the fact that we have yet to see what Blufans comes up with in regards to Thor 2. If its different artwork then that would absolutely be a game changer.

I agree. However ... game changer for how long? Anything Marvel will always get repeated. Doesnt matter if its 1 month from now or 1 year from now. It WILL happen.

So even if blufans get something different that isnt to say it wont get rereleased elsewhere minus flashy slip. ie. Face Off for example.

Marvel titles can rise to good value fast .... but those that are best at holding respectable value tend to always be titles that only 1 or 2 Countries did at "new release" and then the title doesn't often justify spending extra for bells/whistles ie. premium finishes on the steel in the future if ever reprinted. Granted the demand can be lower for these type of titles though.

But here like 4-5? years later there is still only one Hell Boy 2 or Death Race that trumps all others. And they've been released since ... it's just no one is willing to give it that extra cost to outdo the original that still had a marketing campaign rolling off its theatrical run.

/wreck rambles.

Reactions: Marina Blue